Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

Life's Annoyances

What are some of the most annoying things you encounter on a regular basis?

I'll start it off with those security stickers on DVDs. Is it really necessary to put three of those damn things on?? Everytime I try peeling them off I end up poking holes or ripping the plastic of the case. I hate them so much that if I buy a DVD that I don't plan on watching right away, I won't even open it. I just put it on the shelf until the very moment I watch it.

You are traveling one direction on a 4 lane highway, stuck behind a car in each lane driving the same f***ing speed, which happens to be the exact speed limit or slower than the speed limit. I don't fly everywhere I go but i do travel 5 or so over when I am on the highway.

Why build an electronic device that has a bunch of awesome features but then lacks the processing speed to be able to handle these functions? Computers running Vista should not be running anything less than 3GB of ram or more. My cell phone needs a faster processor and it is annoying when i push a button, it doesn't do anything so i figured it didn't register i push it again, and now i have pushed the same button twice. Just so happens that in the SMS feature of most phones, the sequence of screens goes something like this. Left button "reply, right button "delete". So i push the left button to "reply", then it doesn't register so I push it again. The next screen of course the left button is "Send". Now I just sent a blank message to my friend that just wanted to know what time I was getting off work.

I simply want a 20oz French Vanilla flavored Coffee from the gas station. The first few times, i would fill up the cup half awake, put on my lid, walk to the counter, pay, get in my car, get 5 miles down the highway only to realize I have 20oz cup of steaming hot water with creamer in it. Now, I have gotten smart and check and actually watch my cup fill to ensure I am not getting Milky Water, but this doesn't fix my initial request of simply wanting French Vanilla flavored Coffee.

I could go on and on...

Watching someone put 5 dollars of gas in their car. why? maybe 10 years ago that got you half a tank in your Honda Civic, but now thats about a gallon and a half and they know damn well that will have to get gas again after driving about 40 miles . Just man up, spend the 70 dollars to fill your tank up and get get gas once a week, not every day.

I have to stay home all day because UPS called yesterday and told me they would be delivering my package sometime between 9 am and 7 pm.

I hate when youre trying to get somewhere and you get stuck behind people who WONT MOVE. I was in Times Square yesterday trying to get back to Port Authority to catch my bus, and I got stuck behind some tourists who were more interested in standing there, eating their ice cream, and not moving. If you want to stay in one spot and look at the NYC buildings, go watch a DVD of Law and Order or something, I got places to be.

Jerks.

I hated having to drive home with my Grandma after I dropped my car off at the shop this morning and she's driving 30 in a 45 wanted to just slap that old woman on the spot.

I hate when youre trying to get somewhere and you get stuck behind people who WONT MOVE. I was in Times Square yesterday trying to get back to Port Authority to catch my bus, and I got stuck behind some tourists who were more interested in standing there, eating their ice cream, and not moving. If you want to stay in one spot and look at the NYC buildings, go watch a DVD of Law and Order or something, I got places to be.

Jerks.

whats even worse is when your walking behind someone who does the abrupt "about face", they basically are walking perfectly straight and normal, then decide to just abruptly turn around and walk right into you. It used to always happen to me in high school when some moron realized they were going in the wrong direction.

I hated having to drive home with my Grandma after I dropped my car off at the shop this morning and she's driving 30 in a 45 wanted to just slap that old woman on the spot.

wow, you just are a quality person MT B) , wanting to slap your own Grandma. I can see someone elses Grandma.

I think the absolute worse is when you go to the grocery store just to by something simple like a beer and frozen Pizza. You scan the registers, find a line with only one person, some lady with her 2 little kids. You think "great, i'll be out of here quick". Then after the lady pays for her stuff, each kid, with their allowance given in pennies, has to each buy a candy bar. They ever so slowly count out their change, then drop it,then recount it while crying over the penny they lost, then finally give it to the cashier. Then the next kid goes and repeats the same process....... JESUS. That drives me crazy. Just pay for your kids crap and let them pay you back at the house.

Locked avatars. B)

Off the top of my head - It's people who try to talk like they know what they're talking about here at work. They try to use random big words in their brain-dictionary to make themselves sound smart. Incredibly annoying. Especially when I know what they're trying to say, but they're too dumb to realize they don't make any sense.

You are traveling one direction on a 4 lane highway, stuck behind a car in each lane driving the same f***ing speed, which happens to be the exact speed limit or slower than the speed limit. I don't fly everywhere I go but i do travel 5 or so over when I am on the highway.

Wow. That happened to me yesterday on 95. I was so annoyed I considered texting my friend about how annoyed I was.

Nothing makes me more mad then people that say they will call you back and never do. I mean dont say your going to call someone back if your not going too. Also I hate how it takes me 30 minutes to drive from the campus parking lot to my apartment ONE mile away and throw in people getting in the right lane at a stop light even though they have about 5 cars behind them trying to turn right and there going straight. No offense to any of the older guys on this board, but I HATE when older people just stare at you when your driving, working out or something of that sort. Its like s--- dude what are you looking at?

I have to stay home all day because UPS called yesterday and told me they would be delivering my package sometime between 9 am and 7 pm.

Just an update, my package never came. So I went to the UPS website and tracked my order, and apparently my package got mixed up and sent on the wrong route and now it's somewhere in New Jersey. So, they re-routed it and said it will be here tomorrow. Would have been nice of them to call.

I have a couple more also. This is for all the Curb watchers... I hate stop-and-chatters. If I'm walking somewhere and I run into someone I would just consider an acquaintance, I see no need to stop and have a conversation with that person, which is what ALWAYS happens. Of course the conversation is always the same, you know the one I'm talking about. It's the "Hey, how are you?" "I'm good, how about you?" one.

I also hate when there is a left-only lane, and then there's a straight/right lane that is always backed up. But some people think they're better then everyone else and don't have to wait in traffic so they drive up the left only lane and cut in to the other lane all the way at the front. Man those people piss me off.

I hate how I was in the KFC drive-thru for 20 minutes this afternoon, and AFTER ordering, I finally get to the window, for them to tell me that their Card Reader is broken... Woulda been real nice for them to tell me when I was ordering, put a f***in sign up or something. Jeez

I just hate it when people cut you off on purpose.

I.E.: There is a 2 lane road but one lane is under construction so you have to merge to the other. It has one of the big arrows in it saying go to the other lane and of course dont marge til they get all the way to the front and try to cut everyone off and causing a traffic jam.

Never was a fan of 85 cent candy since I cant do anything with 15 cents, where as if it was a quater I could usually spend it.

I.E.: There is a 2 lane road but one lane is under construction so you have to merge to the other. It has one of the big arrows in it saying go to the other lane and of course dont marge til they get all the way to the front and try to cut everyone off and causing a traffic jam.

Kinda along those lines: It bugs the shyt out of me when there's a half mile to a full mile of highway left, yet people feel like they HAVE TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to get in the exit lane as soon as possible - usually right after another on/off ramp.

I hate how I was in the KFC drive-thru for 20 minutes this afternoon, and AFTER ordering, I finally get to the window, for them to tell me that their Card Reader is broken... Woulda been real nice for them to tell me when I was ordering, put a f***in sign up or something. Jeez

The problem was you were at KFC. That place is gross, I can usually choke down their boneless chicken but anything with a bone is just disgusting. Stop trying to fry chicken in 2 minutes at 900 degrees. Back that s--- down and let it cook so it isn't all wet and greasy no the inside.

I got a couple.

Whenever you say hi to a friend and extend your hand for either the handshake or fist bump, but your friend does the opposite of whatever you have out. And then you both fumble around for a couple seconds to get on the same page.

People who order their salad with dressing on the side, only to procede to dump 3 or 4 little ramekins of dressing onto their salad. Whats the point? I cant buy the whole 'my salad is soggy' argument if someone is gonna pour WAY too much ranch dressing onto it. And while Im on the same page, anyone who takes french fries to go is a TOOL. Cold fries are disgusting, they taste like crap when you try to microwave them, so unless you have a deep fryer at your house, why are you taking fries to go? If you want fries that bad later to snack on, go to McDonalds and get them hot and fresh, you fat piece of crap.

I hate it when people are late, its one of my biggest pet peeves. If you say youre gonna be there at 9, be there at 9. Dont really care if youre running late, I inconveinced myself busting my butt to get ready to be there on time, so dont call me and tell me youre running 10 minutes late. Its rude and annoying, especially if I happen to get there early (I usually get everywhere Im going 10-15 minutes early, so I dont want to sit around waiting for a half hour because someone else is too lazy to move it

Comcast putting a 200GB cap on my internet!

When you go a fastfood joint and order your sammich and then say add mayo and lettuce, and somehow from the time you said it until the time it was placed in your bag, it got interpreted that I wanted ONLY mayo and lettuce. Now I have a dry a** burger with no pickle, mustard, ketchup, or cheese.

Governor Blagolevich starting a program to add Speed Cameras to public roads. Like they don't already over pay cops to hide around corners and pull people over for going 10 over instead of actually protecting and serving out country. Twids!

If i go into a restaurant and order soup and salad, don't ask me if I am on a diet. Just because you are fat and have grease spewing out of your pores does not mean that I am on a diet when i order a salad. I just eat healthier than the average American.

The inability to play video games online from 3pm-10pm without receiving 10 messages on your PS network from immature 14 years old pissed off because you killed them with a pistol against their assault rifle. Yes, learn how to aim, you get better results when you hit the person with the bullets instead of spraying in every direction.

I got a couple.

Whenever you say hi to a friend and extend your hand for either the handshake or fist bump, but your friend does the opposite of whatever you have out. And then you both fumble around for a couple seconds to get on the same page.

I hate it when people are late, its one of my biggest pet peeves. If you say youre gonna be there at 9, be there at 9. Dont really care if youre running late, I inconveinced myself busting my butt to get ready to be there on time, so dont call me and tell me youre running 10 minutes late. Its rude and annoying, especially if I happen to get there early (I usually get everywhere Im going 10-15 minutes early, so I dont want to sit around waiting for a half hour because someone else is too lazy to move it

I know what you mean bout the whole fist pumping thing. That's why i usually just leave one out there and do it regardless, unless i know what the kid's gonna do. It jsut saves that annoyance and hassel of both of us feeling like fools.

I hear what your saying bout being there on time. That's why i always show up 15 minutes late. lol. I usually end up just in time for everyone to do what their doing. It saves the whole waiting part which i hate.

Another thing that annoys me, every morning i gotta take the Path train over to Newark, and the Exchange Place station which i have to walke down has a super long escalator, it's like 20 twelve step stair cases high. Anyway, my goal is to get to where im goin as quickly as possible. So i get on the downward escalator, and what happens from time to time, I either get some jerk with his big ol roller bag taking up the entire step so im stuck waiting behind em while it slowly goes down, or i get stuck behind like 3 people who must stand directly next to each other and take up the whole step. SOOOOOOOO annoying. I think what pisses me off even more bout that is that they are the same people who sprint to the train when they get off the escalator and just miss it, then they get really pissed. WELL WHY DO YOU THINK YOU MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!! CUZ YOU STOOD ON THE ESCALATOR FOR 3 MINUTES INSTEAD OF WALKIN DOWN FOR 20 SECS!!!!!!!!!! sigh. That felt better. lol

And while Im on the same page, anyone who takes french fries to go is a TOOL. Cold fries are disgusting, they taste like crap when you try to microwave them, so unless you have a deep fryer at your house, why are you taking fries to go? If you want fries that bad later to snack on, go to McDonalds and get them hot and fresh, you fat piece of crap.

Dude, these are the best microwavable fries I've ever had. Love these things.

http://www.oreida.com/images/varieties/easyfries_flag.jpg

I am in Vermont right now (for only one more week!!!), and I see these kids walking around acting like they are straight off the straights, let me tell you what in Vermont you can't be from the streets. I would love to gather all these kids up, and personally drop them off in the Inner City of Baltimore and let them see if they are so "gangster" then. It just bugs the crap out of me when you live in a place where there are NO inner city communities and you not only dress like that but ACT like you are from a place like that.

Just an annoyance of mine.

I hate when I can feel people walking right behind me. Especially at places like school, where there are a lot of people. I even sometimes pull a car move and move to the side and let dude pass me.

Women who flirt but aren't interested.

[/thread]