Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

Life's Annoyances

I"m annoyed we don't have more Tedd Ginn threads :)

And TMS is right, sometimes I swear that teacher would all plan to overload us at the same time B)

They conspire together during their breaks in the teachers lounge.

People who are completely ignorant bout sports, but yet still respond to somone talkin bout sports.

I dont mean the dumbarses who think they know bout sports but dont. I'll give you two examples that i remember that really ticked me off. My first quarrel probably isnt justified, but i def feel my second one is. lol

1. My US Gov teacher is talkin bout something and mentions Lebron James for w/e reason, and this girl for no real reason cuz my teacher was just talkin bout stuff unrelated to the class, she goes "Who's Lebron James??????" I was just livid, I know it's ticky tacky or w/e cuz who am i to expect that she would know anything bout sports, but please, just dont say anything if you never heard of em.

Agreed; dont understand your first one all; so if someone doesnt fall sports and asks who someone is you get upset? Whoah

Agreed; dont understand your first one all; so if someone doesnt fall sports and asks who someone is you get upset? Whoah

it was how it was said, and like the context of it, idk, it's hard to explain. I did over react a tad, even though nobody actually saw my reaction cuz all i did was throw my hands up and mutedly shout wtf. lol. But i usually dont get upset when i expect the person to be completely oblivious, but for one reason or another, it was a wtf moment for me. lol

Maybe this isn't the right place, but last night I was playing in an Omaha Hi Pot tournament when I went heads up with this guy.

I had pocket Q's, an A, and some other card (can't remember now) and he had mostly face cards.

On the flop, I landed a set of Q's and a 9/3 pop up (not suited, so flush is not a possibility at this point).

This dude raises me, so I re-raise the pot and put him in a position to where he needs to commit half of his stack to call. I know at this point I have him beat as I have a set (the highest set) and there's no straight possibilities on the board.

He calls....

Next card comes out and he lucks out on a straight and cripples me.

I was livid at the fact that he puts his tournament on the line for a draw and I lose because of it.

I seriously had trouble falling asleep last night because I was so pissed at how dumb the guy was for playing so reckless. But mainly I just hate idiots like that who get lucky when I play my cards correctly. It feels like I'm being punished for my good play at times.

Maybe this isn't the right place, but last night I was playing in an Omaha Hi Pot tournament when I went heads up with this guy.

I had pocket Q's, an A, and some other card (can't remember now) and he had mostly face cards.

On the flop, I landed a set of Q's and a 9/3 pop up (not suited, so flush is not a possibility at this point).

This dude raises me, so I re-raise the pot and put him in a position to where he needs to commit half of his stack to call. I know at this point I have him beat as I have a set (the highest set) and there's no straight possibilities on the board.

He calls....

Next card comes out and he lucks out on a straight and cripples me.

I was livid at the fact that he puts his tournament on the line for a draw and I lose because of it.

I seriously had trouble falling asleep last night because I was so pissed at how dumb the guy was for playing so reckless. But mainly I just hate idiots like that who get lucky when I play my cards correctly. It feels like I'm being punished for my good play at times.

A straight beat your full house? B)

I'd be annoyed if I lost to a weaker hand too :)

A straight beat your full house? B)

I'd be annoyed if I lost to a weaker hand too :)

Na toes, in Omaha, you can only use 2 of the 4 cards you have., So therefore he'd use the 2 cards he has that benifits his hand best after the river. So of course he'd use the 2 Q's and not his 9 and other card.

Na toes, in Omaha, you can only use 2 of the 4 cards you have., So therefore he'd use the 2 cards he has that benifits his hand best after the river. So of course he'd use the 2 Q's and not his 9 and other card.

DERRRRRRRRRR

I read that wrong.

Omaha is a rough game, I played a tourney at Foxwoods in Omaha and you take a lot of crazy beats. I prefer 7 card stud to Omaha. I prefer stud to Hold 'em as well. I watch all these tools nowadays act like they know how to play cards cause they watch TV. Thats why I stay at the stud table.

Well these hurricanes are really pissing me off, i live in an apartment in baton rouge and my power was out for a week after hurricane gustav... who knows how long this hurricane will knock my power out for.. and yes were suppose to get some (not nearly like galveston) of the hurricane.

also, ive been playing poker with real money on poker stars.. and it seems every hand is rigged. I say this because if you have like pocket Jacks, 9/10 times someon ehas pocket aces, kings or queens and the people with the higher amount of chips at the time of the hand always seem to land cards on the river to win... if that makes sense. I cant tell you how many times ive lost hands in tournaments because the guy with the higher amount of chips (but worst hand) always seems to win on the river.

Haha, as a cashier as a supermarket, i can assure you that i hold nobody up by having someone fill out a store card during the order. Anytime i offer a store card, i tell them to get it at curtousy (sp). Anytime they ask for one, i bring it over to them, and have em fill it out on the side after the order.

Coupons usually arent a problem unless they scan as a mismatching coupon even though they do match, then it takes time unfortunatly.

No, this happened to me at a department store, I think Kohls. I was already kinda on edge because I hate shopping with people who take forever to pick out stuff (aka women) and we finnaly get ready to leave, and went to one of those station things they have that looks like they have a little island to their own, and ofcourse it was the only one open. This lady buys like 3 shirts or something, takes out her money, and the cashier insists on her buying a card from the store, and saving 10% on her stuff for that day. After about 10 minutes of the lady asking about the card, she finnaly agrees, and they have her fill it out, give her a reciept that acts as a temprorary card, and then another 10 minutes for the cashier to explain why they don't have the real card and how it will be mailed out. I've seen this as Macy's as well. Or even those outlet stores. Drives me nuts. Atleast have a signup area or something, not while others are waiting behind them.

And another thing, ketchup and mustard. I keep them in the fridge, and when you make a hot dog, and try to put some ketchup or mustard on it, half a bottle of ketchup water pops out first, so you keep having to aim the bottle at the garbage or something everytime you take it out.

When your taking a break from work and eating your lunch and some annoying coworker looks over your shoulder and asks what do you have there and after you tell them they say ewwww! you actually eat that?

Or if you are an athlete or a hard core trainer and your in a mall and and someone will walk by and whisper to their friends " steroids " thinking you didn't hear them. I feel like walking up to them and saying something like ' dude there ain't no juice here and everyone in the world that takes care of themselves and doesn't live off fast food, pizza, and cupcakes like your fat azz obviously does doesn't mean we're all on roids. Put down that giant cookie your trying to stuff in your mouth and get your fat azz into the gym so that you may actually get to see your own johnson someday.

When your taking a break from work and eating your lunch and some annoying coworker looks over your shoulder and asks what do you have there and after you tell them they say ewwww! you actually eat that?

Or if you are an athlete or a hard core trainer and your in a mall and and someone will walk by and whisper to their friends " steroids " thinking you didn't hear them. I feel like walking up to them and saying something like ' dude there ain't no juice here and everyone in the world that takes care of themselves and doesn't live off fast food, pizza, and cupcakes like your fat azz obviously does doesn't mean we're all on roids. Put down that giant cookie your trying to stuff in your mouth and get your fat azz into the gym so that you may actually get to see your own johnson someday.

wow, you seem to have a lot of pent-up hostility. Sounds like roid rage.

wow, you seem to have a lot of pent-up hostility. Sounds like roid rage.

well played sir.

Lol.

One little one for me is musturd. I like it, but whenever I use it some always seems to spill NO MATTER WHAT I DO! Ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc, no problems whatsoever. But anytime I use mustard it always spills and stains my shirts.

It's gotten to the point where I won't get mustard anymore on a hotdog.

Another one is when people don't pay any attention to you on the road...i.e. when they are turning or backing out of a parking spot. Almost got hit the other day when a woman backed out right after I did (how do you miss that?) in the spot next to me. She was completely clueless.

One last one...some kids were walking down a street and one of them with a mohawk was being a punk and jumped up and pulled on a wet tree and drenched his friends with it kinda funny but then he started ranting about "I hate it" etc and then acted as if he was going to kick a stranger's car. Then I went over to a Qdoba and saw him sitting w/his parents in the restaruant acting all good and stuff...just kinda interesting to me anyway.

When my girlfriend and I go shopping and she drives around the parking lot for 10 minutes looking for a close spot. By the time she parks I could be half done shopping.

When someone in a piece of crap 1993 Honda Accord thinks his car is so much better than everyone else's Mercedes, BMWs, Lexus. Audis, Cadillacs, Bentleys, etc so he thinks it is alright for him to take up 2 parking places to make sure nobody parks on either side of his car. If you feel you own a nice and you don't want it dinged, park way out in the back with all the employees and make the walk like I do. You shouldn't get your cake and eat it too.

When you are in an intense CoD4 match with your clan against another clan, and your girlfriend and all her friends decided to talk across the TV. Not only do you get 1 second of non view, but you have to wait for 2 more bodies to cross. That is a total of 3 seconds lost. That is life or death. For some reason they do not understand the panic and frustration and they think discussing nail polish colors are so much more important. The same nail polish color that won't be applied for another 3 hours because they have to talk about everything that has gone on in their lives sine the last nail coloring party, which in a man's perspective is absolutely nothing. "OMG, i dropped my purse yesterday and it was raining and it got all wet. I thought I was going to faint but thankfully it didn't fall in a puddle." My jab into the conversation was as follows, "Wow, really? I dropped my wallet the other day and my receipt fell out and i had to take 2 steps to retrieve it, then some old lady from across the parking lot saw me and i think she giggled at me but it was probably my imagination because i am paranoid and I think my wallet falling on the ground is worth repeating to all my friends."

It is a true story, I can't make this stuff up. BTW: this thread = greatness. I am getting a kick out of all your guys' annoyances.

Wal-Mart parking lots.

Handicap parking + expecting mothers parking + senior citizens parking = elimination of 50% of the slots. WTF. Then you have these, mini-van driving, Hannah Montana ticket buying, Croc wearing mothers that cause a traffic jam in the rows waiting for like 10 minutes for a spot to open when as a some other mother unloads 25 bags of groceries in her minivan when there's an open spot 50 feet away.

Senior citizens shouldnt be driving, and expecting mother parking is a load of crap. The Stop and Shop by my house has People with Infant parking.

I think in this case I would be a jerk on purpose and park there (I guarantee you cant get a ticket, and Id love to argue with some soccer mom about why thats a load of crap), but the Stop and Shop is literally 50 ft from my house, so no need to drive there.

The word verifications on websites... oh man that has been pissing me off lately, I understand it helps keeping from spam and stuff but does it have to be on every page, and alot of the words are hard as crap to read anyways!!

Another one is when people don't pay any attention to you on the road...i.e. when they are turning or backing out of a parking spot. Almost got hit the other day when a woman backed out right after I did (how do you miss that?) in the spot next to me. She was completely clueless.

Or...people who don't pay attention when walking using iPods. Yes, iPods are great little inventions, but not to but used when you need to utilize the human sense of hearing from time to time.

People who write 'bump' when bumping a thread (note, I do this at times)

Baseball players who hold their gloves while they are running the bases. It looks so stupid, and cant possible serve any purpose. Either put them in your back pocket, or give them to the 1st base coach

fantasy addiction is annoying. its almost as bad as a heroin addiction. its ruining my life....

People who write 'bump' when bumping a thread (note, I do this at times)

Baseball players who hold their gloves while they are running the bases. It looks so stupid, and cant possible serve any purpose. Either put them in your back pocket, or give them to the 1st base coach

Not to get too critical but I thought you should know that holding your gloves serves a very important purpose and I was always taught to do so. When diving back into first base or sliding into the next base whatever base it may be, you wouldn't believe how often your hands get stepped on or you jam a finger. Holding onto your gloves gives you something to squeeze therefore when sliding you do not have to think about making a fist to keep from injuring your fingers. It works.

Hidden

Overcome Life's Little Annoyances

There you are, cruising through another perfectly fabulous day—making deals, making money, making women swoon—when you innocently bend over to pick up a pen on the floor. Rrriiiip! Instantly, the conference room falls silent, every eye in the meeting turns your way, and your young, way-too-attractive assistant stifles a girlish giggle.

Day over, Mr. Big Shot? Not if you know how to overcome those split pants—or any other little problem that can turn a man's day from amazing to appalling in the blink of an eye. And that is where we come in. We made a list of life's daily annoyances and found simple but ingenious ways to solve every single one of them instantly.

maxgxl glycoscience

The overuse of the word "beast" on the football forum.

Random bench player produces out of nowhere- "beast!!!!111"

Please add this to the list words that need to be erased from the fantasy lexicon.