Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Ben

QB, RB, DEF Starting Decisions

Hey guys, I need some help on a few roster decisions for Week 2.

QB: Warner (vs. MIA) or Palmer (vs.TEN)

RB: Pick 3 out of: Addai (vs. MIN), Jacobs (@STL), McGahee (@HOU), T. Jones (vs. NE), C. Johnson (@CIN)

DEF: Steelers (@CLE) or Tampa (vs. ATL)

I started Warner in week 1 but didn't think I would do it again, but he has a nice matchup again and the Bengals looked like crap in Week 1, but was that just because of Baltimore's D? Edge: Warner

Addai has a tough matchup but he is a stud and I think I have to start him. Jacobs is the easiest call here IMO. As for the other one, I want to start McGahee in a nice matchup vs. Houston, but who knows if he will play or how much. If not him, I am leaning towards C. Johnson, but is he healthy?

I think Tampa has the better matchup but I'm not sure I want to lose the Steelers DEF for possibly the rest of the season just for this week.

Thanks for your help and leave a link and I can help you in return!

Here you go...

Warner, Addai, McGahee, Jacobs, Tampa

5 solid starters for next week.

Here you go...

Warner, Addai, McGahee, Jacobs, Tampa

5 solid starters for next week.

This except Chris Johnson over McGahee. I'd avoid McGahee this week coming off injury if possible

This except Chris Johnson over McGahee. I'd avoid McGahee this week coming off injury if possible

Agreed

Hey guys, I need some help on a few roster decisions for Week 2.

RB: Pick 3 out of: Addai (vs. MIN), Jacobs (@STL), McGahee (@HOU), T. Jones (vs. NE), C. Johnson (@CIN)

I started Warner in week 1 but didn't think I would do it again, but he has a nice matchup again and the Bengals looked like crap in Week 1, but was that just because of Baltimore's D? Edge: Warner

Addai has a tough matchup but he is a stud and I think I have to start him. Jacobs is the easiest call here IMO. As for the other one, I want to start McGahee in a nice matchup vs. Houston, but who knows if he will play or how much. If not him, I am leaning towards C. Johnson, but is he healthy?

I think Tampa has the better matchup but I'm not sure I want to lose the Steelers DEF for possibly the rest of the season just for this week.

Thanks for your help and leave a link and I can help you in return!

Ill go Warner at QB. Jacobs Chris Johnson and Addai and Tampa defense.

Just food for thought...I'd check Haynesworth's status on gameday.

Without him, the Bengals rolled on the Titans last year. This year's Bengals did look pretty bad in their opening game tho.

You're right about Jacobs being a no-brainer.

I'd go with Addai. Despite Minny's great rush D, it's hard to stack the box against a vertical attack like Indy (especially since Minny's pass D was so bad last year).

Johnson vs. Horrible Cincy D or gamble on Jones since NE will probably be in the same boat as the Vikes. Tough call.

I think serviceable defenses with good matchups will always be out there.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=87960

Palmer - I'll go against the grain and look for the Bengals' offense to show some life this weekend

Addai - as you say, gotta go with your studs

Jacobs - solid RB2

Johnson - I'll pick him over McGahee just because he looked great and McGahee is coming off injury (will they hold him back at all?)

Tampa - Basically a coin flip, but I'll take the team playing at home

By the way, nice RB depth!

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=87892

Warner v MIA. Palmer is going to have his hands full in Ten. Can't take TEN Defense lightly. Miami on the other hand...

Addai, yes he got shook up on Sunday night and yes it's a tough matchup but you gotta start him. Jacobs is an easy pick at STL.

That #3....News on Chris Johnson is sparse, you have to monitor. McGahee may start but carries will probably be limited. Thomas Jones is up against NE Defense. If Chris Johnson is too banged up I would go with McGahee. NY's offense isn't balanced yet to put stock into Jones vs. a strong defense. Your number 3 is a gametime decision.

Steeler DEF.

Warner,Addai,Jacobs,Johnson and TB defense.

Warner

Addai, Jacobs, Johnson

Tampa - but if you're going to loose the Steelers for the year you may have to suck it up for a week.

Warner

Addai, Jacobs, Johnson

Tampa - but if you're going to loose the Steelers for the year you may have to suck it up for a week.

would you drop bulger or mendenhall to pick up tampa's DEF so I can keep the steelers?

Palmer

Johnson Jacobs Addai

Steelers

Can't sit your studs unless you got stud backups.. Warner is no stud

Thanks for the response on mine. I'd go Palmer, Addai, Jacobs, CJohnson and Tampa D.