Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChrisFarley

Chuck Lofgren

Hey dudes,

Chuck Lofgren was dropped by someone in my keeper league today. Although Lofgren's ERA is above 4.00 at the moment, his K rate remains strong (59/55 K/IP). He is pitching in AA at the age of 20 or 21, which I think is impressive. I was curious as to what you guys thought about him. I own Baseball Prospectus and the BA Prospect Handbook, and they both seem to like him. Do you beleive he has the stuff to be a #1 or #2 starter in the bigs?

Thanks.

I don't think he'll be a #1, but I think he can be a #2/#3. I would definately pick him up. What is your entire minor league roster, out of curiousity?

My minor league roster as of this moment...(added Lofgren)

Joey Votto

Neil Walker

Joba Chamberlain

Angel Villalona

Dellin Betances

Kosuke Fukudome

Mike Moustakas

Beau Mills

Carlos Carrasco

Chuck Lofgren

What do you think? Its not as impressive as it once once. Chris B Young, Alex Gordon, Adam Lind, Stephen Drew, Carlos Quentin, Cole Hamels all graduated during mid season last year.

My minor league roster as of this moment...(added Lofgren)

Joey Votto

Neil Walker

Joba Chamberlain

Angel Villalona

Dellin Betances

Kosuke Fukudome

Mike Moustakas

Beau Mills

Carlos Carrasco

Chuck Lofgren

What do you think? Its not as impressive as it once once. Chris B Young, Alex Gordon, Adam Lind, Stephen Drew, Carlos Quentin, Cole Hamels all graduated during mid season last year.

Well considering you had Young, Gordon, Lind, Drew, Quentin and Hamels I'd say that farm system is just fine.

Carrasco and Lofgren can be solid top of the rotation starters, Joba could in time as well. Votto is a pretty nice stick and Walker is seemingly coming around. Mills' stock is rising and Moustakas can rake.

Pretty solid farm system. Curious how your league is setup though- you can sign any amateur and Japanese player?

We can sign Barry Bonds' sperm if we wanted, haha. I am serious.

Got any sleepers out there? Some unknown 13 yearold phenoms? lol.

ha, cool. My league(s) are setup a little differently, then again, it's not technically fantasy (run off of DMB software) so it's a different animal entirely.

30 teams, 50 man rosters. Minimum a combined 10 draftees from the past two drafts (so this year 05/06 draftees must be equal to or greater than 10.) Players signed out of the international pool after January 1 of that year go into the following years draft.

So my minor league system looks like this:

Collin Balester

Fernando Martinez

Francisco Cervelli (I'd look into him if you need a young C as well)

Dewon Day

Lou Palmisano (started to revive his career some)

Jeff Lyman (2005 draftee)

Brian Bocock (06 - swapped into Hi A when Burris was sent to Low A- looking like he could be longterm Giants SS)

Kyler Burke (on the verge of dropping him, 2006 Supplemental first round pick by SD, has been awful this year)

Allen Craig (06 - STL 3B doing pretty well)

Wade LeBlanc (06- check into him, he has been magnificent so far)

Tim Lincecum (06)

Evan Longoria (06)

Chris Marrero (06)

Travis Snider (06)

Heath Rollins (06- also check into him, he has been nearly untouchable in Low A for Tampa so far.)

I've also had Pence and Tulowitzki graduate to my actual roster.

Wow, you definately have some serious star power in your minor league system, even more impressive that its such a deep league.

My league is fairly basic in comparison to yours.

12 Team Keeper League

40 man rosters - 30 MLB, 10 Minors

Protect 20 MLB, 10 Minors at season's end

*Allowed to sign whomever we want, regardless of age, location (asia, south america)

Nice. seems like a pretty deep league too, but as you said not as deep as mine (But we're all insane.) So that's the difference there B).

Minor leaguers are half the fun for me. I gutted my team in the offseason (had players like Schmidt, Rolen who are on the back 9 now) and decided to gamble on Harden (damn his injured a**) and then go completely young. So far, I suck in the standings this year (as to be expected) but next year I'll hopefully win 90-100 games and grab a WC or division. Park factors, etc. play a huge role and I'm the Astros so I have to focus on righty power, and avoid LHSP.

Like i said... insane.

And if you're interested in seeing more about how these leagues work just let me know.

Grab Yuki Saito. From a mere trade perspective, you could get solid value for him in 2 to 3. He's in college, and is not entering the amateur draft, and has expressed the desire to pitch in the MLB. By all accounts, he will make the jump in 3 1/2 years to the big leagues. Anyway, they dude has a freakin' golden arm.

Can you post every team's minor league players? It would be interesting to see if any glaring elites are sitting out there unowned.

Normally I'd say CL is def worth owning, but it depends on who is available. I would rather have Saito over Lofgren any day.

I have heard about Saito and his enormous potential. Where would you rate Yu Darvish in comparison?

I think Saito is going to be better, only because out of the two, he's the only one who will pitch in MLB.

Joey Votto

Neil Walker

Joba Chamberlain

Angel Villalona

Dellin Betances

Kosuke Fukudome

Mike Moustakas

Beau Mills

Carlos Carrasco

Chuck Lofgren

Of the above listed guys, you would drop Lofgren for Yuki Saito?