Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler RW Keeper Hoops League

Hi guys, here's our official league thread where we will conduct our offline draft. As of this time, we got 11 teams, the target is 12 / 14 teams so we'll see. I think some of the guys who have committed have not yet signed up, but I think they will soon, I already sent them the league info. Here's the draft guidelines:

1. Draft order will be determined using a randomizer in a website I can't remember right now. But the results will be immediately e-mailed to you and you will know your draft position. Snake draft.

2. We will have our draft here. I believe we got very active members, so please check in as often as you can to keep the draft moving.

3. One way to make the draft faster is the PM'ing of picks. If you notice that your pick is already coming soon, but the teams picking ahead of you are not around yet and you already got some players you want to pick in mind, please PM your next pick before you leave. PM your picks if you're turn is already near and you will be gone in here for a long time. The most ideal guy to send your pick to is to the team PICKING AFTER YOU. So if you leave and the guy picking after you checks in, we can keep this thing moving. Also, it would also help if after making your selection, you PM the guy next to you to remind him it's his turn already.

4. After you make your pick here in the Forum, go to the FA and MANUALLY ADD YOUR PICK TO YOUR TEAM. Please make sure to add your pick to prevent confusion for succeeding picks. Except for round 1, where I will be the one to add the picks to your team. After that I will open up the player pool.

5. The draft will last 14 rounds. Max. of 5 keepers for next year. To keep a player next year, you should forfeit the Draft Round at where you picked your Player from Year 1. I'm thinking of implementing a 3 years MAX duration for a keeper to prevent the league from getting out of hand.

5. Here are the Teams / RW Screen Names we got so far:

Stifler / sya

Bay Area Bricklayers / Specter

Go Rockets Go/ Go Texans Go

Milwaukee's Best / sportsguy

van buren boys / V/B boys

Bay City Ballers / yoshi415

Hoops Central / gman71

Jersey Sharpshooters / BigH

Skoodog / Skoodog

TorontoRaptors/Ricky

In Yao We Trust / ??? (don't know who he is in RW yet)

If you implement a time frame how long someone can be kept,then this is a contract league,not a keeper league

Contract / keeper league? I just think that not putting a limit on keeper status will put the balance of this league out of hand by year 3. And it won't be good for the majority.

Ok we need at least one more or 3 more. I got a commitment from Code of Hammurabi.

The code is in the building! "fear not children..for I am a compassionate God"!

Gl all.......

Contract / keeper league? I just think that not putting a limit on keeper status will put the balance of this league out of hand by year 3. And it won't be good for the majority.

Ok we need at least one more or 3 more. I got a commitment from Code of Hammurabi.

ok fellas, code of hammurabi is in. we got 12 teams in. I'll start the draft randomizer. I don't remember anyone else having commiments. We got 12 teams. The draft order results will be emailed to you. I will also post it here shortly. Here's the list of teams we got.

Code of Hammurabi/Code of Hammurabi

Stifler / sya

Milwaukee's Best / sportsguy21792

Hoops Central / gman71

Skoodog / Skoodog

TorontoRaptors/ Ricky

In Yao We Trust / RDT

Sure why not. Lets get it on!

ok fellas, code of hammurabi is in. we got 12 teams in. I'll start the draft randomizer. I don't remember anyone else having commiments. We got 12 teams. The draft order results will be emailed to you. I will also post it here shortly. Here's the list of teams we got.

Code of Hammurabi/Code of Hammurabi

Stifler / sya

Milwaukee's Best / sportsguy21792

Hoops Central / gman71

Skoodog / Skoodog

TorontoRaptors/ Ricky

In Yao We Trust / RDT

If it's going to be a 12-teamer, then I think we should start 2 Centers.

Is there any way to start any email chain with pics to run concurrent to the Board? Sometimes I am away from my computer or on the road for work. With an email chain I can keep track of pics and submit my draft pics remotely to keep things moving. just a suggestion.

Agree

if we do this my email address is loganbailey7@gmail.com

Is there any way to start any email chain with pics to run concurrent to the Board? Sometimes I am away from my computer or on the road for work. With an email chain I can keep track of pics and submit my draft pics remotely to keep things moving. just a suggestion.

Ok I just used www.net-commish.com to make the draft randomizer for us. the results should be emailed to everyone, except to the 2 guys who have hidden email adds in the league page. Here's the official order:

Round 1:

1. Go Rockets Go / Go Texans Go

2. TorontoRaptors / Ricky

3. Bay Area Bricklayers / Specter

4. Stifler / sya

5. Hoops Central / gman71

6. Bay City Ballers / yoshi415

7. In Yao We Trust / RDT

8. Code of Hammurabi/Code of Hammurabi

9. Milwaukee's Best / sportsguy21792

10. van buren boys / V/B boys

11. Skoodog / Skoodog

12. Jersey Sharpshooters / BigH

Remember to read the guidelines above. I have edited it from Keeper - Max of 3 Years Keeper, to maintain league balance in the future. NO CHANGING OF PICKS ONCE YOU POST IT.

GTG you're on the clock to make the first pick of our inagural season!

There's a big difference. Bad trades will be made involving players who can't be kept,for keepers. I've been in to many leagues where a stud who can't be kept anymore is dealt for average to below average potential keepers

It's gotta be one way or the other

Yes thanks for that reminder, the 1 C was in case it became a 14 team league, but I want to draft already B). I'll edit it, still 14 rounds. only 4 bench players instead of 5.

I will open the player pool after round 1. Once you make your round 1 picks, I'll add them to your team. Then after that please add them manually.

Gman, it will be Contract, MAX OF 3 YEARS for each player. I think this will make the league more exciting. And also avoid having LBJ /cp3 being ball hogged by one owner. So everyone can enjoy.

I PM'ed my pick 1.04 to gman71, I'll be gone for a while. So if first 3 make their selections and gman is here there won't be a delay.

GTG, Ricky, Specter. Hopefully they'll log in soon

I PM'ed my pick 1.04 to gman71, I'll be gone for a while. So if first 3 make their selections and gman is here there won't be a delay.

Lets get it rolling

Skoodog is in - waiting for you suckas to pick!

I'm a committed fantasy sports owner and would love to join this league. I'll accept last pick if I have to, please let me know ASAP. I finished 2nd place out of 14 teams last season on my Yahoo league and lost in the championship. My email is jacobtulloch@gmail.com, and I've been a regular on these forums for a while now.

Let me know!

I agree. Whats the hold up with getting started?

lets get the ball rolling asap

Looks like there's possible interest to add a few teams.

Round 1:

1. Go Rockets Go / Go Texans Go - PG, Chris Paul

2. TorontoRaptors / Ricky

3. Bay Area Bricklayers / Specter

4. Stifler / sya

5. Hoops Central / gman71

6. Bay City Ballers / yoshi415

7. In Yao We Trust / RDT

8. Code of Hammurabi/Code of Hammurabi

9. Milwaukee's Best / sportsguy21792

10. van buren boys / V/B boys

11. Skoodog / Skoodog