Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler RW Keeper Hoops League

nice deal...u can prolly just let it thru now

^Well despite my personal views, the league rules require a waiting period to ensure nobody is opposed to the trade. I will process the deal tomorrow.

skoo and i have done a deal...

Actually two - here they are combined:

GTG receives: Alston/Bibby/J-Howard/Landry

Skoodog receives: Melo/Shaq/Hinrich/Warrick

Hey GTG,

Did you ever figure out who your new neighbor is?

still not sold...no one knows whats going on

One more trade before the season starts:

Skoodog trades Hakim Warrick and Manu Ginobili to Bay City Ballers for Rip Hamilton and Wilson Chandler.

Yes, I'm buying into the preseason Shawn Marion-comparison hype. B)

Damn - I just trade for Wilson Chandler and he gets hurt. DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

Damn - I just trade for Wilson Chandler and he gets hurt. DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

go me? Hopefully it's not serious though.. I have in my other league also. B)

O. M. G.

Dirk AND Calderon for Paul and Wally? WALLY? You got unfathomably hosed.

I can't keep Calderon and Iguodala, since they are both 2nd rounders. I don't know how much faith I have in Calderon to repeat his numbers from the end of last season (probably means I shouldn't have traded for him in the first place...). So, I thought I'd make a move now, maybe I'll end up regretting it, but I really like my keepers now with Paul, Iggy, Bynum, Biedrins, Ginobili.

Does everyone else think I got hosed?

Dirk and Jose >>>>>>>>>> CP3 and wally. And besides, why is everyone so worried about having keepers from the same round in the pre-season? I expect teams to start worrying mid -season, but in the pre-season?

That's a really really bad trade. Worrying about who you might keep before the season even starts makes no sense at all.

That's a bad deal,no other way to spin it

i agree on sided....but no veto...no reason to veto...IMO the reasoning is iite, and i guess hes trading calderon for the same reason i did...also i just think dirk is overvalued every year

I've already submitted my veto

There's no rhyme or reason on 10/23 to be worrying about your keepers today

Dirk is as solid as they come. Unless you're someone who won't like 23 and 8 with some 3's and 85% from the line,48% from the floor,and 3 assists night in & night out,and if you take the homer glasses off, you'd see that

Wally is fodder at best

O. M. G.

Dirk AND Calderon for Paul and Wally? WALLY? You got unfathomably hosed.

^Beyond belief. There is NO logical, rational reason to believe that somehow Calderon won't play AT LEAST nearly as well as he did last season. Just to put it in terms of our recently completed draft, this ends up being:

Top End 1st Rounder + Waiver Wire Player FOR Mid to Top End 1st Rounder + 2nd to 3rd Rounder. Awful awful trade, could've gotten a significantly better 2nd player than Wally.

That being said, I won't veto. I will give you an analogy; smart billionaires won't pay $10,000 for a combo at McDonald's just because they can afford to. You payed way more than Paul was worth, Calderon + Dirk = Paul + somebody like Mike Miller, Corey Maggette, David Lee, etc...Not Wally freakin' Szczerbiak. C'mon, use your head. After how hard you haggled me in our trade Yoshi (which BtW I respected at the time for good reason, it's sound strategy) I would've thought you'd be more discerning in your dealings.

I also submit my veto to this trade. I don't think it will matter because we won't reach the 6 votes, but I still want to place my vote. I mean no disrespect, but how can you worry so much about keepers in the pre-season? Plus you don't neccessarily have to keep a 2nd round pick, you have he option not to keep a 1st or 2nd rounder if the draft will present better players next season. Plus there's only a max of 5 keepers, and it would be nice to have some keepers from low rounds who outperformed their draft # than 1st rounders who will perform like 1st rounders.

The Brand-Oden deal last time was one - sided, but this one is unbelievable really. This trade might destroy the balance of the league.

I believe that it would be in the best interest of the league if this deal did not pass. The veto should be used only in rare occassions but unfortunately, this is one such occasion. I will veto as well.

I don't like any vetos as any transaction done by an owner to his team is exactly that, his team.

I don't give a veto vote.

The Brand-Oden deal last time was one - sided, but this one is unbelievable really. This trade might destroy the balance of the league.

No veto for reasons I've explained during the last "unbalanced" trade...While it's obviously a strongly one-sided trade, I've made bad trades in the past and still come out in the top 5.

This trade will not destroy the balance of the league - Yoshi doesn't even fall to worst team in the league by my analysis - and RDT's team, while it improves drastically, is still not in the top half by my projections.

We'll see how the league pans out over the course of the year. Anything can happen.

No veto for reasons I've explained during the last "unbalanced" trade...While it's obviously a strongly one-sided trade, I've made bad trades in the past and still come out in the top 5.

This trade will not destroy the balance of the league - Yoshi doesn't even fall to worst team in the league by my analysis - and RDT's team, while it improves drastically, is still not in the top half by my projections.

We'll see how the league pans out over the course of the year. Anything can happen.

^Co-sign