Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler RW Keeper Hoops League

Pretty much the sentiments i was getting at.

No veto for reasons I've explained during the last "unbalanced" trade...While it's obviously a strongly one-sided trade, I've made bad trades in the past and still come out in the top 5.

This trade will not destroy the balance of the league - Yoshi doesn't even fall to worst team in the league by my analysis - and RDT's team, while it improves drastically, is still not in the top half by my projections.

We'll see how the league pans out over the course of the year. Anything can happen.

YEP...also curious to know where i fall in this projections? first!

I dunno.. you do know you don't get bonus points everytime the Rockets win, right?

^If everyone stays healthy I think he just might project out to first.. I'll have to check again..

Yes, given all your players stay healthy, you fall in first. Given the question marks on some of your players' health already, that's going to be a toughie. But stranger things have happened.

Here's how I project the record:

1) GRG

2) Milwaukee's Best

3) V/B Boys

4) New Beford Nomads

5) Skoodog (tie)

5) Jersey Sharpshooters (tie)

7) Stifler

8) In Yao We Trust

9) Toronto Raptors

10) Code of Hammurabi

11) Bay City Ballers

12) Fontizzle

13) Bay Area Bricklayers

14) Hoops Central

I said it would take quite a bit for me to trade Paul, well, that about did it.

Funny, i originally drafted Calderon. 4 teams later and he's back.

Yes, given all your players stay healthy, you fall in first. Given the question marks on some of your players' health already, that's going to be a toughie. But stranger things have happened.

Here's how I project the record:

1) New Bedford Nomads

2) GRG

3) Milwaukee's Best

4) V/B Boys

5) Skoodog (tie)

5) Jersey Sharpshooters (tie)

7) Stifler

8) In Yao We Trust

9) Toronto Raptors

10) Code of Hammurabi

11) Bay City Ballers

12) Fontizzle

13) Bay Area Bricklayers

14) Hoops Central

^I corrected your two mistakes. (misspelling the name of my CITY, and your typo on what place I am projected to finish in)

12th for my team? That's funny.

^He's right, you're dead last in FG%, and bottom 5 in 3PT, REB, AST and STL. You're about top 6 in FT%, PTS, BLK, and TO.

Instead of laughing off the criticism you might want to address some of your team weaknesses. It's very easy in fantasy basketball to have a team that looks good at first glance, but you need to directly compare your numbers to everyone else's and try to shore up deficiencies or you're probably not going to do to well..

I'm not sold on basing this years standings on last years stats.

I had a great draft i feel and i will prove it on the court. I don't need to trade a million times like some people. I prepared for the draft, excuted and will in the throphy tier at season's end.

I like my team in last,that's a laugh I needed this morning

Well done

I'm not sold on basing this years standings on last years stats.

^Of course there are going to be breakout players, injuries, and rookies who exceed expectations & disappoint. But I think you underestimate how consistent most veterans year to year performances are, especially with the early to mid round guys who have been pretty consistent and done the same thing year in and year out.

There's OBVIOUSLY going to be some fluctuation, but choosing to ignore last year's numbers is just putting your blinders on and hoping for the best. At the very least compile some data and project what YOU THINK your team will do. so you know where you stack up compared to everyone else.

This is a pretty good league, and it doesn't mean you're a bad manager if you finish low in a league full of good owners. Someone has to be at the bottom, and that person will be a quality player most likely (if we are to believe that everyone here is a skilled fantasy player)...

Stop being egotistical and analyze your team...And I've taken a look at Skoodog's data projections for your team, it's pretty damn reasonable and dare I say optimistic.

Oh well, the season will prove it all.

^Of course there are going to be breakout players, injuries, and rookies who exceed expectations & disappoint. But I think you underestimate how consistent most veterans year to year performances are, especially with the early to mid round guys who have been pretty consistent and done the same thing year in and year out.

There's OBVIOUSLY going to be some fluctuation, but choosing to ignore last year's numbers is just putting your blinders on and hoping for the best. At the very least compile some data and project what YOU THINK your team will do. so you know where you stack up compared to everyone else.

This is a pretty good league, and it doesn't mean you're a bad manager if you finish low in a league full of good owners. Someone has to be at the bottom, and that person will be a quality player most likely (if we are to believe that everyone here is a skilled fantasy player)...

Stop being egotistical and analyze your team...And I've taken a look at Skoodog's data projections for your team, it's pretty damn reasonable and dare I say optimistic.

Oh well, the season will prove it all.

Well because you've stated that, it's got to be true!

I honestly don't put much faith into other people's opinon about any teams i draft. I was thought to have a bad rotoworld team and im sitting at 5-2 with the most points scored in the league. Fact of the matter is, i know what my players will give me, and i know i have several players who have severe upside to improve on there stats from a year ago. Factor in the fact that I drafted guys who historically, play all the season and don't get injured, its a reciept that has won me a few leagues.

Rate my team as you wish, because i can to. I'm a betting man, and if you think i wont finish ahead of you, then put your wallet where your mouth is. :-)

Just for the record, my projections are based off of CBS's projections which can be found here, averaged together with 64% weight on the starters (in other words, 9 over 14) and then ran simulated head to head matchups for each team, which is where I came up with the analysis.

The problem of course results as injuries occur and roles get set, injured players come back, etc. I don't even agree with all of CBS's projections - but it gives a basis. I didn't post my projections to piss anyone off or anything, or that they are the end all be all. I would love to hear some other people post their projections as well - I would like to say i did a fair job of analysis as I obviously didn't put it so my team was the best. Anywho...Just wanted to post so that there are no hard feelings. B)

Well because you've stated that, it's got to be true!

I honestly don't put much faith into other people's opinon about any teams i draft. I was thought to have a bad rotoworld team and im sitting at 5-2 with the most points scored in the league. Fact of the matter is, i know what my players will give me, and i know i have several players who have severe upside to improve on there stats from a year ago. Factor in the fact that I drafted guys who historically, play all the season and don't get injured, its a reciept that has won me a few leagues.

Rate my team as you wish, because i can to. I'm a betting man, and if you think i wont finish ahead of you, then put your wallet where your mouth is. :-)

^Let's play a little game then, now that you've decided to buck logic entirely...which is annoying...

YOU post YOUR stat projections on a per-game basis for every player on my team AND your team, AND WE'LL SEE WHO'S REALLY statistically better according to the best opinion of all; yours, of course.

Stat analysis and comparison is really not something you should guesstimate on and/or ignore. It's not like this was some grand scheme to say "Fontaine sucks", it was an attempt at an objective view of the league landscape. You're getting all cocky and smug for no reason, not to mention being completely subjective and irrational. And BtW I WOULD bet you if I thought there was any chance at all of you sending me money when you lost...cuz quite honestly there's about an 80% chance of that happening; you losing, that is...

Like I said, just wait till the season...barring catastrophic injuries to my best 3 players, I'll beat you this year.

if no one else objects i think the trade should be processed. it's not the fault of the trading parties if the other teams are slow to object/approve the trade

^Let's play a little game then, now that you've decided to buck logic entirely...which is annoying...

YOU post YOUR stat projections on a per-game basis for every player on my team AND your team, AND WE'LL SEE WHO'S REALLY statistically better according to the best opinion of all; yours, of course.

Stat analysis and comparison is really not something you should guesstimate on and/or ignore. It's not like this was some grand scheme to say "Fontaine sucks", it was an attempt at an objective view of the league landscape. You're getting all cocky and smug for no reason, not to mention being completely subjective and irrational. And BtW I WOULD bet you if I thought there was any chance at all of you sending me money when you lost...cuz quite honestly there's about an 80% chance of that happening; you losing, that is...

Like I said, just wait till the season...barring catastrophic injuries to my best 3 players, I'll beat you this year.

I never said you was trying to say "fontaine sucks". Get over it.

We disagree on the analysis of my team. Get over it man, not the end of the world. Your the one trying to act like you're some kinda of know-all fantasy basketball Mathew Berry clone. Just because you think i will finish below you, doesn't mean it's going to happen, weather you blame injuries or whatever. It's OPINION and MY OPINION is that can, and WILL finish AHEAD of YOU this season. Cop out of the bet all you want with the "you won't pay" line, doesn't bother me. It just show's that you're really not as confident as you try to make yourself appear.

Im done with this. Unless you pony up a wager, drop this subject. Prove yourself on the court.

Over an Out.

I never said you was trying to say "fontaine sucks". Get over it.

We disagree on the analysis of my team. Get over it man, not the end of the world. Your the one trying to act like you're some kinda of know-all fantasy basketball Mathew Berry clone. Just because you think i will finish below you, doesn't mean it's going to happen, weather you blame injuries or whatever. It's OPINION and MY OPINION is that can, and WILL finish AHEAD of YOU this season. Cop out of the bet all you want with the "you won't pay" line, doesn't bother me. It just show's that you're really not as confident as you try to make yourself appear.

Im done with this. Unless you pony up a wager, drop this subject. Prove yourself on the court.

Over an Out.

^$50 says I beat you this year. I hope you got Paypal.. Begin praying my best players all suffer season ending injuries riiiiighhtt.......now. B)

The fact you think I "try to act like a know it all" kinda makes you seem insecure. It's not about disagreeing on an analysis, you're actually trying to debate basic strategy. Barring a miracle (like Kevin Durant averaging 8 assists per game or Chris Bosh suddenly deciding to shoot 100 3PTs this year) You are just NOT going to compete in enough categories to be a Top 5 team! It's pretty simple. COUNT UP what YOU think your players will do, and repeat for every other team. I GUARANTEE YOU, EVEN WHEN YOU USE YOUR OWN PROJECTIONS/OPINION you will still project out of the top 5 in this league, and you'll certainly project out below me. You're starting Anthony Carter and Jameer Nelson at UTIL for God's Sake. Those two wouldn't crack my starting lineup with a crowbar...I would continue but I don't have to...

It's funny how you completely ignored my challenge to you, maybe you think I'll be right once you actually crunch the numbers?

Now I'M done discussin' it until you accept my challenge. Do the analysis, see what happens..

I think it's pretty stupid to project standings from what you think, or what i think, peoples stats will be. It's far to much of a guesstimation and leaves way to much up to chance to be anywhere near accurate. Call it what you want to call it, but just throwing numbers out for your "projections this season" is baseless or otherwise opinionated souly with nothing to back it up.

I accept that bet and will be happy to take my girlfriend out to dinner on your nickle next spring.

I think it's pretty stupid to project standings from what you think, or what i think, peoples stats will be. It's far to much of a guesstimation and leaves way to much up to chance to be anywhere near accurate. Call it what you want to call it, but just throwing numbers out for your "projections this season" is baseless or otherwise opinionated souly with nothing to back it up.

^Uhh, you sure?

Fact of the matter is, i know what my players will give me, and i know i have several players who have severe upside to improve on there stats from a year ago.

^If you're going to contradict yourself try not to do it in the same thread next time...

If you "know what your players will give you" what exactly does that mean if it's not in tangible data? Either you DO and you can throw some approximate number out there, or you DON'T and your bolded statement is entirely incorrect.

And it's not just "throwing numbers out", i.e. we KNOW LeBron will get between 6.5 and 8.0 AST per game, cuz that's all he's done his whole career. GUYS HAVE TRACK RECORDS. If we didn't "know" anything like you say, we would be drafting Rudy Fernandez in the 2nd Round and trading Steve Nash for T.J. Ford cuz he might be the next Jose Calderon.

Of COURSE we don't know it all, surprises WILL happen. But we sure as hell know more than enough to make some reasonably accurate predictions about team performance, with injuries and age as the obvious caveat. Bottom line, barring some sort of catastrophe of epic proportion, the odds are that I'll finish ahead of you this year with our teams as currently constructed. It's mostly not my opinion or WILD speculation, it's just a candid look at players' past performance, potential, injury risk and reputation.

If Anthony Carter and Jameer Nelson finish top 5 in the league in assists, touche.

You seem to always have my poin shoot right over your head. Which is fine, let me break it down a bit more.

Yes i know what my players will give me. That 1st 4 or 5 picks in any draft you can usally pick up guys that are consistant enough to show the same stat lines with a small +/-. For example, I know Peja will give me 230+ 3's shoot 90% from the line and hardly ever turn the ball over. Al Jefferson will give me 20/12/2/2 and shoot 50% from the floor. yada yada yada.

My point with in saying that there are far too many variables and too much of a guesstimation is for the other draft picks that no body really knows what will happen.

The Jose Calderon's of the drafts last season, forexample. Would your "projections" this time last year, have included him to the tier that he's in? Doubt it.

You see, my problem is that your projections are just that, your prejections. Opinion. Its the picks later in the draft that are what wins leagues, or loses leagues. Just because your not a fan of Jammer Nelson for example, doesn't make him a bad play in fantasy basketball. Unfourntantly, those are the picks that are impossible to prject with accuracy and where your system of projecting the standings, is very flawed.

Im done with this topic, good luck this season and i again, accept the deal.

Peace.!