Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler RW Keeper Hoops League

Here is the vote list...

copy and paste the list...

3-3 so far

1. J. Cyrus - OK

2. Code of Hammurabi - VETO

3. Stifler- VETO

4. BigH- Veto

5. sportsguy21792-OK

6. Go Rockets Go - OK

Yeah, I know Fontaine...you must be wearing your Captain Obvious cape today...I only made that point several times in my preceding posts...What I'm saying is, I'm not RELYING on any Jose Calderon-like breakouts to be top tier...even if you have one or two of those kinds of picks, EVEN IF I PUT 2 JOSE CALDERONS ON YOUR TEAM...you're about tied with me...while I have a deep starting lineup of guys that can be pretty much counted on for about what they did last year, or more...In the case of Beasley I went super conservative so as not to inflate my team projection too far...

We will see though, I too am done with the debate for the time being...

1. J. Cyrus - OK

3. Stifler- VETO

4. BigH- Veto

5. sportsguy21792-OK

6. Go Rockets Go - OK

7. Fontaine - OK

1. J. Cyrus - OK

3. Stifler- VETO

4. BigH- VETO

5. sportsguy21792-OK

6. Go Rockets Go - OK

7. GMan - VETO

8. Fontaine - OK

4-4 right now. Let's get this done quickly..

I don't understand why we're still voting. It's been more than 72 hours since the trade happened.

EDIT: Actually, it's been almost than 72 hours, I counted wrong. But still, it already went through on Yahoo already as well. It's been two and a half days.

^The way I understood the rule (and I may be wrong) was that every team must have the opportunity to submit a vote, and once this is complete that the trade would become "final"...

sya, what say you?

Trades will have a 24 hour acceptance period so people will see the trade and have the chance to OBJECT if they want to. A reason should be stated why he is voting against the trade. Trade Vetoes are a norm in any fantasy leagues. 6 Vetoes are not majority, but it is HALF of the league, unless the 2 trading parties decide to veto their own trade as well. And if one wants to veto his own trade, he is also welcome to do so.

This is not "playing Big Brother", this is what fantasy leagues are about. Yes I presume that we got knowledgeable owners, but stupid trades can go down for whatever reason. Having smart fantasy owners is NOT a reason to remove the trade veto rule.

This is why I used the commissioner approve trades instead of the league votes so we will know who will object, and why he is objecting.

If you believe your trade is fair and it improves both teams, then you shouldn't worry about any objections because as you said WE ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE owners.

I'm very open to any ideas that my leaguemates will bring up (and I think my leaguemates in the football league can attest to this), but this rule is final, and as should be in all fantasy leagues.

There it is.

Alright then, the matter is settled. To my recollection SIX (6) vetoes were NOT submitted prior to this 24-Hour period. Therefore the trade stands.

Weekly,that's the whole point of a h2h league,always has been

Weekly (1) - Gman

Daily (1) - GTG

if we can keep it this format, that'd be nice!

That's a good point - also discourages streaming - didn't think about that

I'll vote weekly as well

Don't you think it is a little too late to be changing rules? The season starts tommorrow.

I vote weekly. I think it's too late to change it... maybe if it'd had been brought up earlier.

Weekly makes you have to think and actually use your brain. Daily lineups are for 4 year olds and require no thinking at all

Another trade

Bay City Ballers gets:

Francisco Garcia

Hoops Central gets:

Luke Ridnour

Another trade

Bay City Ballers gets:

Francisco Garcia

Hoops Central gets:

Luke Ridnour

^Really? Ridnour's a bum IMO...even when he got starter's minutes way back when his stats weren't noteworthy...Not terrible but I value Garcia more I guess...

And yah, definitely keep it weekly. WtF @ the random league vote...weekly is far superior in this format...

I don't think we can change the rule of Weekly / Daily Setting of line-ups. It's a day before the season. And even if it's a week before the season we can't change this because the draft is over.

Some of us drafted based on the rules that were set, and maybe since we knew it was a weekly and not daily changes, we decided to use our last round picks on guys who have high upside but won't contribute immediately.

SO THIS RULE IS NOT CHANGEABLE. It's unfair for a lot of people

I don't think we can change the rule of Weekly / Daily Setting of line-ups. It's a day before the season. And even if it's a week before the season we can't change this because the draft is over.

Some of us drafted based on the rules that were set, and maybe since we knew it was a weekly and not daily changes, we decided to use our last round picks on guys who have high upside but won't contribute immediately.

SO THIS RULE IS NOT CHANGEABLE. It's unfair for a lot of people

^Good point as well...

LOL @ trying to change rule's with vote's when the season tip's off tonight.

Gee,look who went down nice & early in the season B)