Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler RW Keeper Hoops League

Sent my protest for that one too. Just can't see a trade where you give up the best & 2nd best players in the deal in exchange for 3 lesser players in return.

Sent my protest for that one too. Just can't see a trade where you give up the best & 2nd best players in the deal in exchange for 3 lesser players in return.

There are four players involved. Sum up the last 30 game averages and here's what you get in the trade:

VB gets 11 more points per game.

VB gets 4.1 more 3s per game.

VB gets 5 more rebounds per game.

VB gets 3.9 more assists per game.

VB gets 0.4 more steals per game.

JC gets 0.3 more blocks per game.

JC gets 7.9% FG per game.

JC gets 15.4% FT per game.

Turnovers are even.

That's a 5-3 advantage for VB. VB was hurting on depth and got players to help him with said depth problem. Let's stop insulting league members by saying they don't know what they are doing.

No veto.

Hate the trade but not putting in a veto. I have to say though with the petty back and forth between managers, this league has not been very enjoyable thus far.

Hate the trade but not putting in a veto. I have to say though with the petty back and forth between managers, this league has not been very enjoyable thus far.

^Well the problem is a fundamental difference of opinion on what a veto should be used for. I'm sure it's not enjoyable to have your leaguemates constantly questioning your judgment.

Of course you're going to spin it to where it sounds good. You pulled the rape job without lube.

Roy & KG,name or no names are machines and they should have brought something of proven,sure fire value back,and they didn't.

No Veto.

Well, as someone that I believe you're referring to, it's just trash talking and i actually think it makes this season more fun. Atleast for me. It inspires me to go out and do my best in what is otherwise, a very uninspiring atmosphere. I don't habor any hard feelings toward DomiNation, It was just that he was the one talking high on his team and seemed to be the perfect fit for me to talk smack against.

Enjoy the league my friend, it's just for fun.

^Well the problem is a fundamental difference of opinion on what a veto should be used for. I'm sure it's not enjoyable to have your leaguemates constantly questioning your judgment.

I agree with DomiNation. A Veto has standard meaning to it to most seasoned fantasy players. IA "veto" should only be used if a trade is in violation of any league rules set forth before the start of the season, in collusion with any league member or is an obvious attempt to sway the balance of the league to one soul team through a cellar dwellers team players. This isn't the case and while i feel DomiNation got the best end of the deal this season, remember it's a dynasty an he got probally got the shaft as the season's roll on and Brandon Roy emerages even more then he already has.

This isn't the case and while i feel DomiNation got the best end of the deal this season, remember it's a dynasty an he got probally got the shaft as the season's roll on and Brandon Roy emerages even more then he already has.

Domination is GETTING Roy, so he won't feel anyting negative once Roy reaches the upper level

This isn't the case and while i feel DomiNation got the best end of the deal this season, remember it's a dynasty an he got probally got the shaft as the season's roll on and Brandon Roy emerages even more then he already has.

Domination is GETTING Roy, so he won't feel anyting negative once Roy reaches the upper level

Yeah, I mixed up who is getting who but honestly it doesn't matter because my logic is still applied the same and isn't swayed because of who the manager is...

No Veto

Yeah, the Roy/Garnett side is better. Maybe he's thinking Fantasy playoff time if Garnett starts resting games, or that Diaw will have a bigger role, or that Rudy will keep it up or a lot of things.

Agreed - the whole little fontaine/Cyrus rivalry is entertaining, but vetoes are for collusion. This is not collusion.

On the other hand, i really enjoy the volume of trading that happens in this league, and how everyone is getting involved - even the latter half. Which would you rather have - a slightly unbalanced trade or the bottom half to stop trying? I already have 2 dead teams in one of my other leagues and it's irritating, particularly since their teams are not even bad at all.

It's a keeper, not a dynasty, but this explains why you made some of the trades you did.

It's a keeper, not a dynasty, but this explains why you made some of the trades you did.

Well last i knew we were keeping alot of players which to me is the same basically as a dynasty since your probally going keep any top 30 player you trade for. All of the players listed are Keepers.

Well last i knew we were keeping alot of players which to me is the same basically as a dynasty since your probally going keep any top 30 player you trade for. All of the players listed are Keepers.

According to the first page, keeping 5 of our 15-man rosters - so yes, the top 70 players should be kept if my math serves me correctly. That still leaves 4 starters and 6 bench to draft. Dynasties keep all the same players and have waiver rights on FAs. (I'm not sure how all that will pan out next year but we will see when we get there).

Back to the deal - from a keeper perspective, and given the aforementioned top 70 players, he's trading 2 all-star keepers for 2 keepers, a guy who could develop nicely into a bottom-end keeper and a scrub who is getting a lot of solid offensive production currently and could possibly also develop into a keeper (but it's doubtful). He only gets these guys for 3 years (again, something i'm not altogether too understanding on but we will see next year) so I don't think it's a huge deal even if it was grossly unbalanced, which I don't think it was. Again, VB from a summation perspective is coming out ahead.

...so in summary...what you said. B)

Another done deal...

Fontizzle welcomes in the balance of Marvin Williams

52 for Roy tonight :) , and a whopping 6 for the great Rudy Fernandez B)

52 for Roy tonight :lol: , and a whopping 6 for the great Rudy Fernandez B)

^Way to go using 1 category and 1 game's performances to compare 2 players who have no business being directly compared in the first place!

Save trade evaluation for March or something and be sure to include everyone. :)

Oh Ok,here's more cats from last night and the wonderful soon to be top 50-70 Rudy & the sure fire top 20 Roy

Roy:52 pts,5 boards,6 assists,44 minutes & I think 5 3's

Rudy:6 pts,2 boards,1 assist,2 3's and played a whopping 17 minutes in and the Blazers dropped 124 last night. He was obviously a big part of it last night B)

& they'll be compared all season long by me if I friggin feel like,cause I can.

Roy is a star,Rudy is one trick pony, who comes off the bench.

But you keep working your spin,politics have to be in your blood

& the game before in a 30+ point win for the Blazers,Rudy got all of 18 minutes and contributed a wonderful 12 points,with 1 whole rebound and 2 assists

Gman, the point was that Roy is obviously wayyy better than Rudy. THAT'S WHY HE GOT HEDO TURKOGLU.

But Rudy, Diaw, and Okur for Garnett is the essence of the trade.

Yes,but those 3 + Hedo do not equal the value of the other 2

We can do this all season long, you've got your view of it, I've got my view of it.

Oh Ok,here's more cats from last night and the wonderful soon to be top 50-70 Rudy & the sure fire top 20 Roy

Roy:52 pts,5 boards,6 assists,44 minutes & I think 5 3's

Rudy:6 pts,2 boards,1 assist,2 3's and played a whopping 17 minutes in and the Blazers dropped 124 last night. He was obviously a big part of it last night B)

& they'll be compared all season long by me if I friggin feel like,cause I can.

Roy is a star,Rudy is one trick pony, who comes off the bench.

But you keep working your spin,politics have to be in your blood

This is such a horrible comparison it's not even funny. If you take the trade AS A WHOLE, including Roy's career game, and look at the past week of stats averaged, you get:

Domination gets 4.2 pts

VB gets 2.0 3s

VB gets 10 rebounds

VB gets 3.8 assists

VB gets 0.8 steals

Domination gets 1.4 blocks

Domination gets 4.8 less TOs

Domination gets 18% more FG%

Domination gets 22% more FT%

That's a 5-4 win by trade for Domination - not a knockdown drag-out blowout.

We get it, you don't like the trade...move along, it's been passed. And you were the one who brought it up with your irrelevant Rudy vs. Roy comparison.

That's correct.I brought it up, and come around March which seems to be the time people are waiting to see how the trade works,I'll bring it up again,and again,and again, because I can. The trade was s--- and I'll stick to that point.

& your comparing the weekly stats of 4 players to 2 is just as pathetic. I would hope 4 guys can outperform 2,that'd really be sad if they couldn't. Come end of the season,Roy & KG will do a ****load more to help Cyrus than the 4 he gave away will help VB.

That's correct.I brought it up, and come around March which seems to be the time people are waiting to see how the trade works,I'll bring it up again,and again,and again, because I can. The trade was s--- and I'll stick to that point.

I really hope that you don't - those kind of things get old real quick and displays a maturity I would expect out of a junior higher, not someone who is 37 (like your profile states). Another league member has already illustrated his disgust at posts like this. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. That's all I will say on that matter.

& your comparing the weekly stats of 4 players to 2 is just as pathetic. I would hope 4 guys can outperform 2,that'd really be sad if they couldn't. Come end of the season,Roy & KG will do a ****load more to help Cyrus than the 4 he gave away will help VB.

My comparison took all the players involved in the trade and did a summed average comparison of the stats received from each side. You took the currently worst performing player and one coming off a career, record-breaking game. How was mine more pathetic?

I can't believe I keep having to defend V/B's side of this trade, lol...In fantasy basketball especially, there are such things as trades which can benefit both teams.

It's interesting how you've conveniently ignored Diaw's recent emergence after the move out of PHX, Gman...He's putting up some mighty impressive numbers...who knows if they will or will not continue, but the point is that it's not such a bad move speculatively that you or anyone else should feel compelled to insult V/B by vetoing on the accusation of stupidity or incompetency...like V/B said, it's arrogant and rude...

And aside from that, all you've done is make sweeping generalizations using only a handful of our NINE scoring categories, and within a limited time frame to boot. If you want to be respected for your opinions, DEMONSTRATE why you're correct, using hard (and complete) data. At least TRY to construct some semblance of a coherent argument.

You would think PTS is worth more than the other 8 categories combined the way I heard things discussed around here sometimes......