Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go  Texans Go

3PTM v.s. 3PT%

3PTM v.s. 3PT%   7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Stat is better for Fantasy basketball/Which do u play with?

• 3PTM
    • 3PT%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

I don't think its one or the other. I wouldn't just want 3pt % but I might add it to a league with 3ptm.

3PM, % is too odd, a team might hit 1 3 pointer then just play a ton of players that never shoot a 3 and win that cat.

I doubt you can control it to that degree, but something like that could happen

I don't like 3PT% stinks because it is redundant with FG%. In fact, it can be totally contradictory.

If you have a player who is a 3-point assassin (40%), if he shoots a lot of threes that actively hurts you in FG% as well. I don't like that a player can, in one game, hurt you in one category, and from the exact same actions help you in another category.

To be honest, true shooting percentage should be used because 40% from 3 is not the same as 40% from 2, yet FG% treats them exactly the same. There should be some normalization there.

we use both in my leauges. i dont really think that you can have one without the other. One of the reasons that I hate standard yahoo 9 cat competitions is because there is it only has 3pts made. It makes it too easy to have one or the other