Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLeiz

New trade!!

i forget what the T-Wolves schedule is like from here on out, but i would probably trade those two for KG if i was okay in Assists and there was a decent free agent out there that i could pick up.

I'd do it. Howard is struggling mightily and I've never been a big fan of Billups. If there is anyone half decent on the waiver wire, I would do the deal and make a pickup.

Man the rats are jumping ship. I suppose its to be expected giving how much hating rotoworld has done on Howard recently.

Personally, I think you are giving up way too much. KG is great but the top of the league is much more crowded than it was a season or two ago. Howard has had an off week. If you look at his numbers on the season, they are right in line with what any reasonable person who took him in the 3rd round would expect. I think you are selling too low.

That said, it depends on your team and the league. In an 8 or 10 team league, I might consider it (especially 8) in a 12 or more league, I would be very hesitant to do that deal.

think about what your team will look like if you lose both your best pg and your best f/c which both of those guys likely are.

I love KG, but that might not be worth it.

Billups is not my best pg, I have Nash holding that spot. I would replace Billups with Tony Parker at the G position and I would probably pick up Devin Brown.

Billups is not my best pg, I have Nash holding that spot. I would replace Billups with Tony Parker at the G position and I would probably pick up Devin Brown.
Definitely a good trade 4 u. KG is awesome and u don't lose very much w/ tony parker backing up billups id definitely do it

I tend to agree with Shameless and would lean toward keeping what you already have (Billups, Howard).

If you make the deal now, you'd essentially selling low on two guys who are major fantasy players. Howard's production has been down lately and Chauncey is still getting back into the swing of things after returning from his injury layoff. However, Billups had a big game yesterday against the Cavs and showed what he's capable of night-in and night-out. We've also seen that Howard can be downright dominate at times. I wouldn't let recent trends or statistics scare you away too prematurely.

If you're still sold on trading these guys for an upgrade though, I'd wait until each of their values peak a bit more.

Definitely a good trade 4 u. KG is awesome and u don't lose very much w/ tony parker backing up billups id definitely do it

This new information definitely helps to sway me from my stance in my last post. However, I'd still be reluctant to do it for Howard and Billups. If you can swap in Parker for Chauncey, essentially making the deal Tony Parker and Dwight Howard for Kevin Garnett, I'd pull the trigger.

This new information definitely helps to sway me from my stance in my last post. However, I'd still be reluctant to do it for Howard and Billups. If you can swap in Parker for Chauncey, essentially making the deal Tony Parker and Dwight Howard for Kevin Garnett, I'd pull the trigger.

I am not sure I understand you logic there. I think he has Parker Billups and nash currently so that isn't really the trade in essence.

Have you tried countering that deal with something a little lower than Dwight? The idea of trading Billups is clearly a good move. Again, depending on your league and the rest of your team, I might consider trading Nash for KG strait up (maybe with a little change thrown in on both sides to soften the blow at pg an f respecatively). There is nothing wrong with having Billups as your number one pg especially if you have some assists someplace else. (like kg's 5 apg's for example;-)

The reason I am getting rid of Howard is not just because of is recent slump. I have been losing ft% every week and Howard is a big part of it. KG is shooting around 85% on the line which is huge for me. And as someone said, I am not losing too much with Parker behind Billups. Also I still have some depth at PG behind Parker with Cassell and Alston.

If I do this, I would still be in pursuit of Samuel Dalembert, maybe trying to get rid of Alston and Patterson.

I am not sure I understand you logic there. I think he has Parker Billups and nash currently so that isn't really the trade in essence.

I understand that he has Parker, Billups, and Nash. In the proposed deal he originally explained, he would give up Chauncey Billups and Dwight Howard for Kevin Garnett. I said that I would personally rather include Tony Parker in the package instead of Billups. This would equate to:

GIVE: T. Parker, D. Howard

GET: Garnett

Hopefully that's easier to understand now.

I would definently rather do that, but the KG owner is a very hard to persuade. He has no need for TP because he has Mo Williams, who essentially has the same numbers. Also, I wouldn't push it because getting a first rounder that is always ranked 1-5 on fantasy player polls is hard to get in a trade this late in the season.

You'd probably lose around 10 rebounds a week, which isn't too bad, so if you can afford that you're set. You get KG.

I wouldn't lose 10 rebounds a week. Garnett is averaging 12.4rpg compared to Howard's 12.

I wouldn't lose 10 rebounds a week. Garnett is averaging 12.4rpg compared to Howard's 12.

Yeah, but Howard is playing under his potential. He'll get hot, probably just in time for the fantasy playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I love Garnett. He was my boy in NBA Live '97 on the Sega Genesis. Right when you're gonna need an engine to get up that playoff hill, ol' KG is gonna stall.

edit- but just in rebounds.

If you can get KG for Billups and Howard, you definitely have to do it, especially since you'd be replacing Billups with Parker. I'm not sure what the exact stats are, but with KG and Parker, you'd only be losing threes, but you gain in both percentages big time.

As for the person that said you'd lose 10 boards a week...what the heck are you talking about??? Is Howard all of a sudden going to average 15 boards or something?

Definitely do this trade.

All the doubters, watch what happens when Miami turns it on and all of a sudden Orlando is fighting for the final playoff spot. Howard is gonna go off. Sure, at the end of next year the stats will show 12.9 rebounds a game or something, but he'll be doing 14 when it counts. I'll place an e-wager with anyone.

Not only have I lost trust in Howard, his ft% is absolutely KILLING me. His fg% is going to go down too because teams have been and will continue to double team Howard and force him to go to the line (old Shaq method). I also believe that Garnett will pick up his game and help his team fight for that last playoff seed in the west.

I think I might still need one more consistent rebounder (newly acqiured Nene isn't consistent). My quest for Sam Dalembert died. The Sammy owner declined all of my trades and said he won't trade him. I recently proposed a trade for Zyndranus. Any other rebounders people can think of (that I can get for cheap). And I don't want Chandler because his FT% will kill me.

Define what you mean by 'cheap'.