Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

electrolyte1

Raise your hand if you sold Ronnie Brown!

Ronnie Brown is back to his usual RBBC with Ricky Williams now and that gimmick Wildcat was completely ineffective vs the Ravens. A whopping 27 yards rushing. Sure, the Ravens D is tough, but the week before vs the Texans Ronnie barely got that score and the week before it was the same deal.

Anyone here sold high on Ronnie and got something good?

Anyone here bought Ronnie?

I personally traded Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards for Steve Smith and Julius Jones. I have Turner, C.Johnson, Slaton, and Edge as my RB's so I don't need Jones but I solidified my receiving core by adding Smith to Marshall and Coles in a 12 team league

im gonna keep him. hes got a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, to include SF and KC in weeks 15/16. everyone is acting like teams are going to figure out the wildcat and then hes going to be completely useless. anyone remember what he did last year? hes good even without it

so basically you traded braylon and ronnie for steve smith and came here to brag about it? i am really thinking you sold pretty low, i am getting offers right now of boldin and fwp for colston and ronnie and i am turning those down....ronnie is a beast and will be a beast....i am thinking you are going to regret that trade....sure smith is good but not number one wr and number one rb good....i am holding and starting this week....

ravens. point blank period.

and thats not selling high. u actually sold low on braylon and bought high on steve smith...

I bought on Ronnie before the Houston game.

I ended up trading Joseph Addai/DeSean Jackson and received Ronnie Brown/Brandon Marshall

M

I traded him straight up for Wayne, before he came back from his bye. I am actually trying to trade back for him now, but ofcourse buying lower than I sold him for earlier.

this thread sucks donkey ****

whoa whoa settle down there little fella. it will be ok

im gonna keep him. hes got a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, to include SF and KC in weeks 15/16. everyone is acting like teams are going to figure out the wildcat and then hes going to be completely useless. anyone remember what he did last year? hes good even without it

Weeks 15/16 ...exactly the reasons I am holding onto him. I have Big Brandon and Sjax as well, just playing the matchups.

wow....looks like everyone is disagreeing with the OP on this one.

including me... B)

Ronnie Brown is gonna be great down the stretch, and most of us that drafted him got him cheap in the draft. I took him in the 6th round and i keep him in the 3rd next year. No way im selling...

BUF-@DEN-SEA-OAK-NWE-@STL-@BUF-SF

That's his schedule for the remainder of the FF season and i think dude is about to go off. I'm buying this guy and i actually traded Marshall and addai for Brown and Andre J. The ravens got torched the week before and there was no way the defense was gonna let that happen again. I think the OP got robbed in that trade and if i was offered that same trade i'd be one happy dude right now.

I wasn't a Ronnie Brown believer before the season, but he looks great... despite the Baltimore game.

No RB is going to look good against the Ravens... I actually benched Brown this week... seemed obvious.

With Chad Pennington doing enough as QB, Brown will see running room, especially against those defenses listed above.

He is running with authority and clearly has good vision... he is a game changer.

Selling Brown and Edwards for Steve Smith and Jones seems like you out-thought yourself.

Why give up 2 top tier upside guys to get one?

Plus, you gave up the RB.

Smith is a great player, I'll concede that, but I don't think he's worth Ronnie Brown straight up.

I wasn't a Ronnie Brown believer before the season, but he looks great... despite the Baltimore game.

No RB is going to look good against the Ravens... I actually benched Brown this week... seemed obvious.

With Chad Pennington doing enough as QB, Brown will see running room, especially against those defenses listed above.

He is running with authority and clearly has good vision... he is a game changer.

Selling Brown and Edwards for Steve Smith and Jones seems like you out-thought yourself.

Why give up 2 top tier upside guys to get one?

Plus, you gave up the RB.

Smith is a great player, I'll concede that, but I don't think he's worth Ronnie Brown straight up.

I agree! Somthing to take note on is that they only ran the Wildcat formation 7 times against Baltimore.........

Ronnie Brown is back to his usual RBBC with Ricky Williams now and that gimmick Wildcat was completely ineffective vs the Ravens. A whopping 27 yards rushing. Sure, the Ravens D is tough, but the week before vs the Texans Ronnie barely got that score and the week before it was the same deal.

I personally traded Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards for Steve Smith and Julius Jones. I have Turner, C.Johnson, Slaton, and Edge as my RB's so I don't need Jones but I solidified my receiving core by adding Smith to Marshall and Coles in a 12 team league

wow.....you got hosed in that trade

so basically you traded braylon and ronnie for steve smith and came here to brag about it? i am really thinking you sold pretty low, i am getting offers right now of boldin and fwp for colston and ronnie and i am turning those down....ronnie is a beast and will be a beast....i am thinking you are going to regret that trade....sure smith is good but not number one wr and number one rb good....i am holding and starting this week....

Did you really do that trade? lol

I hope you will post again next week after Ronnie goes for over 100 yds and 2 tds.

Ronnie Brown is back to his usual RBBC with Ricky Williams now and that gimmick Wildcat was completely ineffective vs the Ravens.

Actually missed this comment when I initially read your post.

If Ricky Williams is gets 4 carries for every 13 carries that Ronnie Brown got in the Baltimore game, I'll take the Ronnie Brown end of that committee.

I agree that the Wildcat formation is a little gimmicky, but a number of teams are working the formation into their gameplans and until teams stop it, why wouldn't you use it.

That it did not work against Baltimore does not mean it would not work against lesser defenses.

Did you know Baltimore only gives up 65 yards per game on the ground?

No teams are going to run effectively against that stud defense.

I personally traded Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards for Steve Smith and Julius Jones.

Fricken hilarious. So basically we all agree that the only thing worse than this guy's trade is the fact that he came on here and bragged about it. I know the drops are bad, but I don't think it is far-fetched to see Braylan Edwards end up producing numbers similar to Steve Smith from now to the end of the season (looking at those two as a wash). So essentially he traded Ronnie Brown for Julius Jones - WOW. As mentioned - Ronnie Brown has a great schedule the rest of the year and could make an honest push to be at the very least a top 5 back. If you can find an owner dumb enough to lower Ronnie Brown's stock because of one game against the best rush defense in the league (Ravens) - then by all means go after him.

Got to play the match-ups sometimes - I know me personally I won my game last week 'cause I sat Ronnie Brown and inserted Sammy Morris in the line-up. There's no doubt who the superior back is between the two, but you have to be smart - Brown against the Ravens was a terrible match-up - where as Morris against the vaunted Broncos rush D was money in the bank.

I actually traded in my 12 team ppr league Fred Taylor/Calvin Johnson for Ronnie Brown/Roddy White after. I am loving life right now in spite of Megatron's big game this week. This is what I start every week:

Brees

SJax

Brown

Fitz.

R. White

Steve Smith

Cooley (Shockey)

Steelers or Eagles D

And in no way am I concerned about Brown or willing to give him up

I really wish you were in my league, this way I could screw you over in every trade.

Fricken hilarious. So basically we all agree that the only thing worse than this guy's trade is the fact that he came on here and bragged about it.

Yeah, pretty much that's it in a nut shell. He also posted the same thing in the Braylon thread, but i didn't wanna eat him up again on it. He certainly feels good on this move where as we all are kinda like wtf! Terrible move! lol

what do you mean BRAG ABOUT IT ?

i am only telling you what -I- did with Ronnie Brown because I don't believe Brown is going to hold up at all. i wasn't bragging in the least.

also, my RB's were

Michael Turner

Chris Johnson

Steve Slaton

Edgerrin James

Ronnie Brown

Yeah. I had 5 rb's. I don't need brown. Braylon Edwards looks like crap and I believe Brown won't hold up, meanwhile Steve Smith is continuing to produce fantasy points week in and week out.

but that's beside the topic.

Just post if you sold ronnie or bought ronnie or want to keep him. I gave MY example and some of you take it for 'bragging'

what do you mean BRAG ABOUT IT ?

i am only telling you what -I- did with Ronnie Brown because I don't believe Brown is going to hold up at all. i wasn't bragging in the least.

also, my RB's were

Michael Turner

Chris Johnson

Steve Slaton

Edgerrin James

Ronnie Brown

Yeah. I had 5 rb's. I don't need brown. Braylon Edwards looks like crap and I believe Brown won't hold up, meanwhile Steve Smith is continuing to produce fantasy points week in and week out.

but that's beside the topic.

Just post if you sold ronnie or bought ronnie or want to keep him. I gave MY example and some of you take it for 'bragging'

Right... you dont believe Brown will hold up, so you basically trade him away for a garbage rb. As for the receivers, by the end of the year, they will accumulate about the same stats. Like other guy said, this trade was just you trading away Brown for Julius Jones, thats as bad of a trade as it gets.