Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

electrolyte1

Raise your hand if you sold Ronnie Brown!

I really wish you were in my league, this way I could screw you over in every trade.

You'd get your behind handed to you. I am currently UNDEFEATED in all -3- of my leagues, all are 12 team head-to-head competitive leagues.

Some of you are going to eat crow when Ronnie fails to produce RB1 numbers. I should know, I'm a Fins fan. I watch all the games year in and year out.

You'd get your behind handed to you. I am currently UNDEFEATED in all -3- of my leagues, all are 12 team head-to-head competitive leagues.

wow this has got to be one of the top 3 best lines of all time, i'm dying right now...

wow this has got to be one of the top 3 best lines of all time, i'm dying right now...

Want a screenshot for complete ownage? haha I am undefeated in all 3 of my leagues and I'm going to let him know it if he wants to egg me on

Want a screenshot for complete ownage? haha I am undefeated in all 3 of my leagues and I'm going to let him know it if he wants to egg me on

yes, I want a screenshot for complete ownage

since u seem oblivious, he was laughing at the fact that you actually think it means ANYthing relatively speaking that ur "owning" ur little private leagues with god knows who's in.

since u seem oblivious, he was laughing at the fact that you actually think it means ANYthing relatively speaking that ur "owning" ur little private leagues with god knows who's in.

I know right! lol......

it's fairly easy to just disparage someone else at every corner like you are doing. if i make a trade you don't like, i am going to get burned in the win/loss column. if i am undefeated, it's because the other managers suck too.

sure buddy.

Time will prove me right, Ronnie might have some decent games, but not No.1 RB quality.

it's fairly easy to just disparage someone else at every corner like you are doing. if i make a trade you don't like, i am going to get burned in the win/loss column. if i am undefeated, it's because the other managers suck too.

sure buddy.

Time will prove me right, Ronnie might have some decent games, but not No.1 RB quality.

No one is saying you don't know what you are doing, but your actions lead us to believe that you don't. I'm willing to bet Brown is a top 10 back by years end. Meaning an RB1! He is currently ranked 9th among backs in my league.

I bought on Ronnie before the Houston game.

I ended up trading Joseph Addai/DeSean Jackson and received Ronnie Brown/Brandon Marshall

M

nice!

this thread was posted by a disgruntled owner who sold ronnie and now is looking for some support/therapy.

doesn't look like he'll get it here. actually after reading this post i am trying to figure a way to trade for mr. brown.

sure buddy.

ur missing the point tho

the point has NOTHING in fact to do with ronnie's future potential. obviously that is up for debate between managers here and there. no one can critisize u for believing he will fall down a little, nor vice versa if that was the case b/c no one in fact knows what will happen. HOWEVER the main reason ppl are blasting u is cuz u did NOT sell high whatsoever. selling high implies u got something in return for a top 8 runningback...not only did u not get that in return, but u gave away bralyon edwards, at a very low value with the worst behind him. i mean u really lost on this deal b/c u actually COULD of sold high on ronnie b4 baltimore and gotten much more without giving up braylon. and u came in making a whole post basically blasting ronnie and their schemes, which wont sit well with ronnie owners, esp when u got fleeced on the actual deal.

I have to agree with most of the folks here that a Ronnie Brown + Braylon for Steve Smith + Julius Jones is a really really bad trade. In my league such a trade would get vetoed.

Ronnie Brown is a top 10 RB this year. A poor performance against Baltimore is nothing to worry about.

for further analyzation, just b/c i'm stupid bored and might as well help the dude out/educate him....

if u look at both players AVERAGE rank, so not total stats rank, but AVERAGE yahoo rank (did this in order to compensate for steve smith missing 2 games to be fair)...ronnie brown is 10th overall in yahoo...steve smith is still only 29th overall getting 100 yrds a game and 0.5 TDs.

whats even more funny is those stats above take week 7 into account, where steve smith had his best game, and ronnie had his worst game. so if u take out week 7 (when the OP made the trade)...the difference would be even bigger. u could say b4 then, it would be absolutely stupid to trade ronnie brown for steve smith straight up. u should be able to fetch much more. THEN u throw in the fact that u swapped a top tier wideout, for a back that hasnt gotten over 61 yards rushing NOR scored a TD since week 3.....u have the works of a HORRENDOUS trade that would upset most competitive leagues.

I have to agree with most of the folks here that a Ronnie Brown + Braylon for Steve Smith + Julius Jones is a really really bad trade. In my league such a trade would get vetoed.

Ronnie Brown is a top 10 RB this year. A poor performance against Baltimore is nothing to worry about.

I did the trade after Week 5, right after the Chargers-Dolphins game.

This was my team BEFORE trade : 12 team, H2H, competitive. I was undefeated but not dominant.

QB - Peyton Manning

RBs - Turner, Chris Johnson, Steve Slaton, Edge, Ronnie Brown

WRs - Braylon Edwards, Cotchery, Welker, Matt Jones

TE - Greg Olsen

K - John Kasay

DEF - Eagles

I had 5 RB's in a 14 player team. Edwards is a bust this year. I traded RB depth in Brown who I believe was high on value after those games vs Patriots and Chargers for the most consistent WR stud in Steve Smith and a starting RB in Jones. I can drop Jones and add someone else like Donnie Avery or whatever. I could package Jones and Edge and get a No. 2 WR or QB or something. There's a team in my league that has Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, and Joseph Addai as RB's. Perfect opportunity right there.

I free up a roster spot on my team which can become a good waiver wire pickup, upgrade big time at WR........for a bust in Edwards this year and Brown who will inevitably sink into the RBBC with Ricky Williams, revert to a horrible offense, and/or get injured.

Still think it was a bad trade?

This was my team BEFORE trade : 12 team, H2H, competitive. I was undefeated but not dominant.

QB - Peyton Manning

TE - Greg Olsen

K - John Kasay

DEF - Eagles

I had 5 RB's in a 14 player team. Edwards is a bust this year. I traded RB depth in Brown who I believe was high on value after those games vs Patriots and Chargers for the most consistent WR stud in Steve Smith and a starting RB in Jones. I can drop Jones and add someone else like Donnie Avery or whatever. I could package Jones and Edge and get a No. 2 WR or QB or something. There's a team in my league that has Reggie Bush, Laurence Maroney, and Joseph Addai as RB's. Perfect opportunity right there.

I free up a roster spot on my team which can become a good waiver wire pickup, upgrade big time at WR........for a bust in Edwards this year and Brown who will inevitably sink into the RBBC with Ricky Williams, revert to a horrible offense, and/or get injured.

dude stop. yes it was. ur team means NOTHING. ok it means a little something. BUT not when ur "selling high". u have holes clearly at WR. why the heck would u use this great trading chip in ronnie to net u basically the difference between braylon and steve smith. which is down right abysmal. u think a top 8 runningback (which u MUST value him at b4 week 7, if ur "selling high") is worth the DIFFERENCE in steve smith and braylon?? that difference is not that large. i mean heck if u traded ronnie for steve smith straight up, it would have been SO much better b/c braylon would still start for you. and even that trade straight up, b4 steve smiths recent week, u would have lost that deal. all i'm sayin is, u coulda actually sold high (which u didnt at all) and got much more (ie. ronnie brown for andre johnson...ronnie brown for TO...ronnie brown for gates + holmes (ur TE is horrid)...ronnie for witten + holmes, etc etc). it doesnt matter whos on ur team, based on value alone u lost the trade quite bad. selling high is not what u did.

I traded Ronnie/Pittman for SJAX/DWill after Ronnie's huge game because I wasn't a believer. After the bye, Ronnie ran extremely well, even in basic formation and if anybody watches the Dolphins, Ricky Williams is an afterthought.

I was banking on Linehan's firing sparking the Rams and SJAX, and so far so good, BUT we still have a long way to go.

If I still owned Ronnie, I wouldn't be panicking because he didn't do well against arguably the best defense in football. In fact, if the Ronnie owner in your league is pissing and moaning about this week's performance, I'd recommend trading for him ASAP.

dude stop. yes it was. ur team means NOTHING. ok it means a little something. BUT not when ur "selling high". u have holes clearly at WR. why the heck would u use this great trading chip in ronnie to net u basically the difference between braylon and steve smith. which is down right abysmal. u think a top 8 runningback (which u MUST value him at b4 week 7, if ur "selling high") is worth the DIFFERENCE in steve smith and braylon?? that difference is not that large. i mean heck if u traded ronnie for steve smith straight up, it would have been SO much better b/c braylon would still start for you. and even that trade straight up, b4 steve smiths recent week, u would have lost that deal. all i'm sayin is, u coulda actually sold high (which u didnt at all) and got much more (ie. ronnie brown for andre johnson...ronnie brown for TO...ronnie brown for gates + holmes (ur TE is horrid)...ronnie for witten + holmes, etc etc). it doesnt matter whos on ur team, based on value alone u lost the trade quite bad. selling high is not what u did.

that's nice in theory but you have to actually find someone willing to accept those trades. I got my deal done and I feel great about it.

QB - Peyton Manning

TE - Greg Olsen

K - John Kasay

DEF - Eagles

yes

I traded him away two weeks ago. Gave up Ronnie, Palmer and A. Bryant for Peyton, Jones-Drew and Holmes. I actually played the guy I traded with a few days later and only won because I made the trade (with Peyton and MJD going off on the Ravens and Broncos). I'm glad the trade happened. Started off 0-2 but am now 4-3 and primed for the stretch ...

QB: Peyton, Schaub, Garcia

RB: Westbrook, Turner, C. Johnson, Jones-Drew, P. Thomas

WR: S. Smith, Colston, Holmes, Moore, Hester

TE: Winslow, Carlson

that's nice in theory but you have to actually find someone willing to accept those trades. I got my deal done and I feel great about it.

OOk bud. good for u. u sold very low but if thats ok to u, than great. i just showed u statistically how u sold extremely low and should have gotten much more based on ronnies production up until week 6. thats factual. if u like to be stubborn and not admit u didnt get equal value when the proof is sitting there in facts and stats, then u cannot be helped.

Awesome - he's still trying to justify his pathetic trade. He's already talking about cutting Julius Jones...so...he traded B.Edwards and Ro.Brown for S.Smith. Lopsided in any and all leagues.

Ronnie is going to be fine, the Ravens D is really good against the run.

Just figured I'd add to the chorus here.

Awesome - he's still trying to justify his pathetic trade. He's already talking about cutting Julius Jones...so...he traded B.Edwards and Ro.Brown for S.Smith. Lopsided in any and all leagues.

Braylon Edwards is a bust this year. Ronnie is injury prone and in a RBBC that puts his touches at risk. Smith is a No. 1 WR in all formats, a fantasy stud week in and week out.

You can go cry about it if you like and wait for Edwards to 'pull out of it' while on the other hand, I run with Smith and kick your team's butt.

3 weeks back I traded TO and R Brown for S Jax and Favre then turned around and traded Favre for Fitz.

So TO and R Brown for Fitz and S Jax B)

3 weeks back I traded TO and R Brown for S Jax and Favre then turned around and traded Favre for Fitz.

So TO and R Brown for Fitz and S Jax B)

That's a money deal right there, especially in a PPR....

M