Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

electrolyte1

Raise your hand if you sold Ronnie Brown!

I traded Ronnie/Pittman for SJAX/DWill after Ronnie's huge game because I wasn't a believer. After the bye, Ronnie ran extremely well, even in basic formation and if anybody watches the Dolphins, Ricky Williams is an afterthought.

I was banking on Linehan's firing sparking the Rams and SJAX, and so far so good, BUT we still have a long way to go.

If I still owned Ronnie, I wouldn't be panicking because he didn't do well against arguably the best defense in football. In fact, if the Ronnie owner in your league is pissing and moaning about this week's performance, I'd recommend trading for him ASAP.

Now that's a sell high and buy low.

To the TC, calm down. No one's blasting you for trading Ronnie Brown. In fact, you may even know more about the Phins than we do. However, what everyone is saying though is that you didn't sell high. You sold two top guys very low (upside wise). J.Jones has limited potential especially with the Seahawks playing like crap, and Mo Morris returning. Even if J.Jones does get the carries, he has no where the upside of R.Brown. This is coming from someone who isn't high on R.Brown at all.

B.Edwards and S.Smith are pretty similar though I guess S.Smith is a safer bet. I know Edwards has a lot of question marks especially at QB, but if the Browns becomes anywhere near average, Edwards should produce like S.Smith though on a less consistent basis.

Best of luck with the trade working out for you.

Braylon Edwards is a bust this year. Ronnie is injury prone and in a RBBC that puts his touches at risk. Smith is a No. 1 WR in all formats, a fantasy stud week in and week out.

You can go cry about it if you like and wait for Edwards to 'pull out of it' while on the other hand, I run with Smith and kick your team's butt.

Now he's injury prone? lol Hey brotha, give it up and eat the words that the 99.9% of us agreed on. You made a bad deal, but you feel otherwise. END OF STORY! I will say, that when the season ends i'm gonna find this thread and send you a personal message that says "we all told you so!"

Now he's injury prone? lol Hey brotha, give it up and eat the words that the 99.9% of us agreed on. You made a bad deal, but you feel otherwise. END OF STORY! I will say, that when the season ends i'm gonna find this thread and send you a personal message that says "we all told you so!"

If Braylon continues to suck and turns out to be the bust everyone thinks he will be this year, then the trade was Ronnie Brown for Steve Smith. ASSUMING Ronnie Brown continues to produce RB.1 numbers and remains healthy AND isn't hurt by Ricky Williams RBBC.

It was a hell of a trade, an instinctual gutsy move that put my team in the upper echelons of the league. My receiving core is solid now, instead of pathetic like before. My RB's didn't even need Ronnie.

It was a hell of a trade, an instinctual gutsy move that put my team in the upper echelons of the league. My receiving core is solid now, instead of pathetic like before. My RB's didn't even need Ronnie.

your one-liners are AWESOME, keep them coming bro B)

Ravens. Enough said.

Brown is a stud and Sparano is showing you who the brains of the Cowboy operation was.

I think you people are the ones who should calm down. I am wondering why some of you have your panties in a bunch. Calm down.

I hate to jump on board the bash electrolyte bashing bandwagon...But that is one of the worst trades I have ever seen both considering how the fantasy season has gone thus far and looking ahead. There is really nothing you can do to defend your decision except stay quiet until the end of the season and cross your fingers....I can gaurantee you are the only person who posts on these forums that would take your end of the trade.

Honestly, good luck though. We all make mistakes! I traded T.J. right before his 3TD game when I could have gotten more in return after that game...

edit: I misread the trade, You gave away Braylon though so it was still a bad trade....

If Braylon continues to suck and turns out to be the bust everyone thinks he will be this year, then the trade was Ronnie Brown for Steve Smith. ASSUMING Ronnie Brown continues to produce RB.1 numbers and remains healthy AND isn't hurt by Ricky Williams RBBC.

so what ur saying is u basically dumped braylon for free. u sir deserve a big cookie, but shaped as an L, time to accept the loss. maybe create a new account and start fresh? lol

Let's take a look at Ronnie Brown :

Week 1 vs Jets - 4 FP in standard leagues. 6 attempts, 23 yards, 3 receptions, 13 yards.

Week 2 vs Cardinals - 9 FP. 11 attempts, 25 yards, 1 TD. 3 receptions, 13 yards.

Week 3 vs Patriots - 41 FP. The game that made everyone think Ronnie Brown is a fantasy stud. Introduction of Wildcat Offense, Patriots still uncomfortable with Matt at QB. 17 attempts, 113 yards, mostly gained on one long 62 yard run, 4 TD's thanks to Pennington's efficiency in the passing game.

Week 4 - bye

Week 5 - Chargers - 18 FP. 24 attempts, 125 yards, 1 TD. Longest rush - 13 yards. 1 reception, 8 yards.

Week 6 - Texans - 15 FP. 13 attempts, 50 yards, 1 TD. 3 rec, 43 yards.

Week 7 - Ravens - 2 FP. 13 attempts, 27 yards. Yes, everyone knew Ravens would stop him. They stopped Chris Johnson too.

Ok, so out of 6 games, he only has 3 that are over 10 points. He averages 14 carries a game, and about 2 receptions a game. He only has one run over 13 yards - the 62 yarder vs Patriots in Week 3.

It's a smoke screen. Look through it. Gimmick wildcat offense vs a struggling Patriots team in week 3 and then the chargers game.

so what ur saying is u basically dumped braylon for free. u sir deserve a big cookie, but shaped as an L, time to accept the loss. maybe create a new account and start fresh? lol

No, I got Julius Jones, a starting RB in the NFL and the final sweetener to the deal that got it done. Well worth it.

I think electrolyte meant something different when told us he sold Ronnie Brown high...

B)

No, I got Julius Jones, a starting RB in the NFL and the final sweetener to the deal that got it done. Well worth it.

u JUST mentioned in an earlier post how u planned on dropping julius jones. lol. stop it.

u paid braylon and ronnie for steve smith. SELL HIGH!!!! B)

u JUST mentioned in an earlier post how u planned on dropping julius jones. lol. stop it.

u paid braylon and ronnie for steve smith. SELL HIGH!!!! B)

No I didn't. I said I COULD drop him and grab someone better off the waiver wire, or package him and Edge in a trade for someone. I could do anything I want with him. He has some value as a No.2 RB. He plays the 49ers this week. He played them already this year, and ran for 127 yards and a TD on 26 carries.

You are young aren't you. You fail to comprehend what I type and now you are acting a bit immature. Am I arguing with a 15 year old or what? Stop it

Week 3 vs Patriots - 41 FP. The game that made everyone think Ronnie Brown is a fantasy stud. Introduction of Wildcat Offense, Patriots still uncomfortable with Matt at QB. 17 attempts, 113 yards, mostly gained on one long 62 yard run, 4 TD's thanks to Pennington's efficiency in the passing game.

No. We all thought he was a stud last year. We were concerned that he wouldn't be fully recovered from his injury and / or worried about how good Ricky Williams might be. It turns out those concerns were unfounded.

He's still a stud. He still gets enough touches. And his coach is better this year.

No I didn't. I said I COULD drop him and grab someone better off the waiver wire, or package him and Edge in a trade for someone.

You are young aren't you. You fail to comprehend what I type and now you are acting a bit immature. Am I arguing with a 15 year old or what? Stop it

this is what i was asking when u used such terms as "ownage" and "i'll kick ur teams butt" lol. anyway i'm done with this thread. i tried to help u but ur helpless. ur the ONLY person in this thread that thinks u didn't make a horrible deal yet ur gonna try to insult me and my maturity. hah ok..best wishes in life.

No. We all thought he was a stud last year. We were concerned that he wouldn't be fully recovered from his injury and / or worried about how good Ricky Williams might be. It turns out those concerns were unfounded.

He's still a stud. He still gets enough touches. And his coach is better this year.

That's where we disagree. Brown is no stud, he can be a solid low end No.2/high end No.3 back and SOMETIMES put up No.1 numbers but you will never guess those games. He's inconsistent and prone to injury. He shares the ball with Ricky Williams. The Dolphins have no receivers. Tedd Ginn, Greg Camarillo? Those big games = gimmick plays. It won't work forever. Add ALL of that up, and it's a lot of uncertainty to rely on him as a No.1

That's where we disagree. Brown is no stud, he can be a solid No.2 back and SOMETIMES put up No.1 numbers but you will never guess those games. He's inconsistent and prone to injury. He shares the ball with Ricky Williams. The Dolphins have no receivers. Tedd Ginn, Greg Camarillo? Those big games = gimmick plays. It won't work forever. Add ALL of that up, and it's a lot of uncertainty to rely on him as a No.1

All of those things were true last year. Yet Brown still put up RB1 numbers.

That's where we disagree. Brown is no stud, he can be a solid No.2 back and SOMETIMES put up No.1 numbers but you will never guess those games. He's inconsistent and prone to injury. He shares the ball with Ricky Williams. The Dolphins have no receivers. Tedd Ginn, Greg Camarillo? Those big games = gimmick plays. It won't work forever. Add ALL of that up, and it's a lot of uncertainty to rely on him as a No.1

That's not the point....The point is you probably could've gotten a better return for Edwards and R.Brown. Its obvious that people consider R.Brown a RB1 and everybody in your leauge probably does too...You probably could've gotten a RB like Grant, McGahee, or someone else that is a better option than J.Jones moving forward.

All of those things were true last year. Yet Brown still put up RB1 numbers.

He only played in 7 games.... that's where the whole 'injury prone' part comes in.

No I didn't. I said I COULD drop him and grab someone better off the waiver wire, or package him and Edge in a trade for someone. I could do anything I want with him. He has some value as a No.2 RB. He plays the 49ers this week. He played them already this year, and ran for 127 yards and a TD on 26 carries.

Ah, the good old age card. Judging from your posts earlier in the thread I would have pegged you at under 18. Sound accurate?

That's not the point....The point is you probably could've gotten a better return for Edwards and R.Brown. Its obvious that people consider R.Brown a RB1 and everybody in your leauge probably does too...You probably could've gotten a RB like Grant, McGahee, or someone else that is a better option than J.Jones moving forward.

That would mean I would have to trade with another team. Another team doesn't have Steve Smith. I wanted Steve Smith. He's probably the most consistent WR right now. If he doesn't get you a TD, he gets you 100 yards receiving. I would have to trade with another owner for who? None compare to Smith, imo.

And the fact that you mention McGahee as a viable option going forward, puke. 1 good game out of all the bad ones. He gets injured seemingly every single game. LeRon McClain is there to LenDale some goal line carries. No thanks.

Ah, the good old age card. Judging from your posts earlier in the thread I would have pegged you at under 18. Sound accurate?

Why jump into a conversation you had nothing to do with? He was acting immature. I pegged him for what he is, under 18.

Drop it already.

He only played in 7 games.... that's where the whole 'injury prone' part comes in.

He had a major injury. There's risk associated with that and everyone has to make up their own mind what those risks are. In my mind, he's no more likely to get hurt than anyone else.

The way I look at this, you throw out the first couple of games where the Dolphins were trying to figure out where Brown and Williams were and how they wanted to use them. When you do that, you've got 10 games of studliness and one clunker against a top defensive team. So going forward, there's no reason to think that studliness won't continue.

He had a major injury. There's risk associated with that and everyone has to make up their own mind what those risks are. In my mind, he's no more likely to get hurt than anyone else.

The way I look at this, you throw out the first couple of games where the Dolphins were trying to figure out where Brown and Williams were and how they wanted to use them. When you do that, you've got 10 games of studliness and one clunker against a top defensive team. So going forward, there's no reason to think that studliness won't continue.

I can appreciate your optimism, and I am sure you can understand my skepticism. Knowing that, combined with the fact Edwards is in for an ugly season (once again, you might have faith, i don't), the trade gave me what I consider the best receiver in fantasy right now and a starting RB that I can stash away or trade again for more pieces I might need.

I will revive this thread regardless if I was wrong or right.

Why jump into a conversation you had nothing to do with? He was acting immature. I pegged him for what he is, under 18.

Drop it already.

Why? Because I almost threw up in my mouth reading your earlier posts in the thread consisting of.... "Complete ownage! Domination !!! kicking butt!!! undefeated in all 3 of my leagues!!!!!!!!!!!Here come the screenshots! You'd get your behind handed to you if you were in my league." And then you tried to play the age card by calling someone (who is most likely a grown man) a kid. Come on...

You made this thread looking for a pat on the back for your clever trade when in reality it was a horrible trade. Sure, it may work in your favor but that will require mostly luck and you could have swung a much better deal. I.E. Ronnie Brown for just Steve Smith would have been much better....