Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
- - - - -

Brandon Weeden 2012 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 crazy47larry

crazy47larry

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

I really only have one question when it comes to Brandon Weeden's potential for success...

I play fantasy sports

#2 UVA_Drew

UVA_Drew

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Streaming defenses against this Browns offense for a while.

Cincy next week

12 Team Yahoo, Auction Draft, 0.5 PPR:  2-1

Changed strategy up this year, spent big $$ on WR, then felt very fortunate to still land Miller and Gore:

QB:  Philip Rivers

WR: Julio Jones

WR: Odell Beckham Jr.

RB:  Lamar Miller

RB:  Frank Gore

TE:  Charles Clay

W/R/T: Kendall Wright

K:   Justin Tucker

DEF: Green Bay/Houston

BN: Delanie Walker, Leonard Hankerson, Christine Michael, Andre Williams, Antonio Andrews

#3 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

One of the worst QB's I've ever seen in the NFL.

#4 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,780 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Colt McCoy coulda done what he did today

#5 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,299 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

McCoy's never had 4 ints. This is where starting a rookie QB legitimately and single handily cost a franchise a win.

"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#6 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,106 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

34.3% completion percentage, 4 INTs. :blink:

#7 megamoviejohn

megamoviejohn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

McCoy's never had 4 ints. This is where starting a rookie QB legitimately and single handily cost a franchise a win.

McCoy also didn't have the players Weeden did today. McCoy would have won this game today and it might have not even been close.

Rotoworld Dynasty Football League
12 Teams- .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, RB/WR, TE, Full Flex, D/ST, K
2010, 2012, 2013 Champions
QB: Rivers, Palmer, Winston, Mariota
RB: Charles, McCoy, Lacy, Langford
WR: J. Jones, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, J. Gordon , Landry, Montgomery, McBride, Kenny Bell
TE: Grownkowski,  Ertz
K: Gano
D/ST: New England Patriots, Rams

#8 Ditka

Ditka

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

5.1 passer rating. Yikes.

#9 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Root Admin
  • 30,299 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Here's my post from the game thread. I legitimately feel bad for him. He's just not ready and he's been placed in a bad position. He did have a tough defense to go against today.....

Weeden had the worst QB efficiency in the conference when forced to move. Think about how many bad passers there were in the Big12 last year. Ash, Klein, Webb, etc. He needs a very clean pocket to thrive and the NFL isn't a place for clean pockets. There is probably a place in the league for him, but he was definitely a system QB. He has a real big arm and in time could probably be a quality backup in the league, but there isn't enough time at his age (he'll be 29 in a month) for him to sit and watch for 2-3 years. It's not his fault for being overdrafted, that's on Holmgren and Cleveland. I like Weeden from the things I've seen of him, but he just has too large a learning curve and isn't athletic enough to play for a bad team like the Browns. He'll have better days and I'm sure he'll have a couple of days where he looks halfway decent, but to make him your franchise QB is looking like a turrible decision. That said, it's early and he'll get better but you could be crushing his confidence before his time....

#10 MySoxrRed

MySoxrRed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

I could not understand why the Browns would covet him enough to want him over McCoy.

#11 Bruz

Bruz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

colt mccoy lacked the tools but he was a winner and a gamer.

brandon weeden has the arm but he lacks the athleticism and swagger needed to play QB in the NFL.

the browns are going to need to draft another QB in next years draft. i wouldnt be surprised to see barkley in a browns uni next year.

BASEBALL:  2014 CHAMPS! 

12 Team H2H Points League  (5 keepers - $10 mil keeper budget)

C-Schwarber, 1B-Gonzalez, 2B-Altuve, 3B-Bryant, SS-Zobrist

OF-McCutchen, OF-Brantley, OF-Cespedes, OF-Ellsbury, UTIL-DPeralta

SP- Greinke, Price, Kazmir, Lynn, Shields, McHugh, Santiago, Eovaldi, Gausman, Ross

RP- Chapman, Miller, Holland, Giles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOOTBALL:  CHAMPION 3 OF THE LAST 4 YEARS!

#12 MySoxrRed

MySoxrRed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

colt mccoy lacked the tools but he was a winner and a gamer.

brandon weeden has the arm but he lacks the athleticism and swagger needed to play QB in the NFL.

the browns are going to need to draft another QB in next years draft. i wouldnt be surprised to see barkley in a browns uni next year.

Or they could do a brain transplant from one to the other

#13 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Root Admin
  • 30,299 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I could not understand why the Browns would covet him enough to want him over McCoy.

It wasn't only that. They could have gone any number of ways. They could have drafted Osweiler in the third or Cousins. They could have drafted Foles in the 5th. They have so many holes that drafting a soon to be 29 year old QB is actually a huge risk, because he has to be ready to play now -- this season or the next. He doesn't have time to sit for 2-3 years or get acclimated to the job. The Browns will most likely be totally rebuilding next year too. Reportedly the new owner is giving Holmgren and Shurmur this year, but rumors are that if they don't win big, they're out. And who could really blame him? Holmgren has been pretty much a disaster and Shurmur's version of the WCO is from the 80's. It's just a dysfunctional franchise from top to bottom. I guess they're defense played well, so they can hang their hat on that. IF Weeden doesn't improve by leaps and bounds and very quickly, then you could see them drafting Matt Barkley next year and then the Weeden pick is a huge bust.....It's almost like he's playing for his job in his first year in the league. Really not fair to him at all....

#14 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 22,324 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Michael Gallagher@MikeSGallagher
Brandon Weeden's ERA in the minors for 2006 (6.03), 2005 (5.70) & 2004 (5.39) were all higher than his passer rating yesterday (5.1)

"Actually, we're in Branson Missouri."

#15 Superb3ast

Superb3ast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

...how long until Draft 2013? Ugh. This Cleveland front office is a joke. Hopefully the new owner will whoop this team into some semblance of shape.

Hey Barkley, what are your thoughts on orange and brown? ;)

#16 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 22,324 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

...how long until Draft 2013? Ugh. This Cleveland front office is a joke. Hopefully the new owner will whoop this team into some semblance of shape.

Never understood the move of adding Holmgren in the front office. He was not a good personnel guy in SEA, was/is a good coach, but as a GM he was woefully deficient. Seems the allure of a good head coach makes owners think the guy can manage personnel as well, more often than not, this isnt the case. Heckert was regarded as a good personnel man with PHI when he was there, have to wonder how much of a say he has at this point over Holmgren.

"Actually, we're in Branson Missouri."

#17 parrothead

parrothead

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

It seems to me that the QB who seemed to be reaches or late climbers before the draft are the ones who seem to struggle, where a team needs a QB and reaches, not always the case, Im sure there are some exceptions to this, but for the most part it seems like perceived QB reaches seem to struggle and probably shouldnt be expected to start as rookies and have success.

I can see it being a long year for Weeden and Tannehill.
Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

#18 Superb3ast

Superb3ast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Never understood the move of adding Holmgren in the front office. He was not a good personnel guy in SEA, was/is a good coach, but as a GM he was woefully deficient. Seems the allure of a good head coach makes owners think the guy can manage personnel as well, more often than not, this isnt the case. Heckert was regarded as a good personnel man with PHI when he was there, have to wonder how much of a say he has at this point over Holmgren.

Well, the new owner is much more involved and invested in success than f*cking Lerner ever was. With that said, I have to think he's already decided he'll clean house after this year. My only hope as a (sentimental) Browns fan is that they totally bomb this season and can get Barkley next year. Either that, or they do whatever is necessary (as they should have this year for RG3- bet they're kicking themselves for that one now) to get him.

#19 davo32683

davo32683

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

He'll greatly reduce Richardson's value as well. He'll be running against 8 in the box all year long

#20 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

I am sure this is no big whoop, but I just picked up Weeden on the waiver wire in my dynasty league. Some guy just dumped him after Week 1 and somehow no one put in a claim so I scooped him up as stash this morning . I thought he actually looked pretty decent Week 2. If the Brownies continue to improve on the offensive line he could be a pretty good producer in a year or so. I mean, he crapped the bed Week 1, but you got to cut this guy some slack being that it was his first NFL game.

Edited by pikerbkb, 19 September 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Jerry Jones: Fan of Monkeys

A day after PETA called for animal control to seize Dez Bryant's pet monkey, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked whether he's had a chance to meet the wideout's monkey yet. "Missed the monkey," Jones said. "The monkey thing is pretty humorous. I am a monkey fan. I can stand in a zoo and look at them all day long and die laughing. My dad was in the wild-animal business and had over 5,000 wild animals. And he was always, no matter what, handing somebody a card and saying, 'Be sure to come out and visit my monkeys.'"