Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Kenneth Faried 2012-2013 Season Outlook

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
331 replies to this topic

#1 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,463 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

This dude posted some juicy numbers in very very limited action last year. In 40 games as a starter he averaged 11-8 in just 24 mins. You have to think hes a good bet to sniff 30 mins per game this year. I think 13-10-55% with 1.3 blocks is a real possibility. He profiles a lot like Kris Humphries to me from the numbers perspective. Are others as bullish on his stock?
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#2 silianrail

silianrail

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

'Reeeeeeeed... I love this guy. He's the new AK, but with muscles and a DUNK! Can't wait to see his hustle stats with minutes. Like you said, juicy.

#3 poopdungbeatle

poopdungbeatle

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

How can you not like the manimal?!? Love the energy from this kid. If he gets 30+ MPG, he'll beast.

#4 Travis_Fryman#17

Travis_Fryman#17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think the only downside with him is the frontcourt depth in Denver. I would be somewhat suprised if he averages over 30 MPG this season. That FT% is a killer too.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
- Charles Bukowski

#5 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 16,463 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Out of curiosity do you view mozgoff and koufas as real threats for Faried's pt?

I think the only downside with him is the frontcourt depth in Denver. I would be somewhat suprised if he averages over 30 MPG this season. That FT% is a killer too.

#6 SimonSays

SimonSays

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

So long as the karl lets the manimal loose he'll put up numbers. I'm probably more bullish on him than even those projections. Karl seems to like him and he's no longer a rook so I think there's a good chance he gets let loose.

#7 Travis_Fryman#17

Travis_Fryman#17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Out of curiosity do you view mozgoff and koufas as real threats for Faried's pt?

Absolutely, but moreso Koufos. He also played well down the stretch. And Karl has already said he's gonna be in the rotation; has to find him minutes. So I think between him, Mozgov (the likely starter), and Anthony Randolph (seriously), Faried is gonna be nickel and dimed from getting substantial starters' minutes.
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.
- Charles Bukowski

#8 SimonSays

SimonSays

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm not particularly worried about koufos and mozgov as threats the Faried's PT, those guys are both more like traditional centers and lack the same kind of mobility/athleticism of Faried. As for Ant-Rand, I would be surprised if he gets much run at all. The only threat that I would be concerned about for Faried is the possibility of employing Wilson Chandler at the 4 for stretches like they did with him in NY. I honestly think if anyone gets nickel and dimed it would be JaVale and Mozgov. Though I see your point it's very possible Faried's minutes get hit, my thought is more that with his skills and athleticism and all out hustle it will be very difficult for Karl to justify keeping Faried off the court for stretch runs.

Edited by SimonSays, 07 October 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#9 Ty Lawsome

Ty Lawsome

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Absolutely, but moreso Koufos. He also played well down the stretch. And Karl has already said he's gonna be in the rotation; has to find him minutes. So I think between him, Mozgov (the likely starter), and Anthony Randolph (seriously), Faried is gonna be nickel and dimed from getting substantial starters' minutes.

I don't necessarily see it that way. The Nuggets have depth in the front court, but not a ton of punch. None of these guys are very well established or even sniffed 30 mpg in their careers. A lot of people assume that just because McGee signed a big contract that he is automatically going to start and play 30+ mpg this year, but I still doubt it. My guess is that Koufos opens as the starting center, but only plays 15-20 mpg. McGee will play in the 25-28 mpg range and eat up the rest of the C minutes. I don't think Karl plays all three of the 7 footers on a nightly basis, so that leaves Mozgov as the odd man out for now(barring specific favorable matchups for him).

Anthony Randolph is unlikely to be in the rotation to start the year, but it's always possible if he continues to impress during training camp/preseason. As the poster above mentioned, the more likely scenario is Chandler (and/or Gallo) playing minutes at the four when they decide to go smaller/faster. But even if that's the case, Faried is still likely to get around 30 mpg.

My best guess at the rotation/minute distribution...

PG: Lawson (36) / Miller (12) / Stone (0)
SG: Iguodala (36) / Miller (12) / Hamilton (0) / Fournier (0)
SF: Gallinari (28) / Chandler (12) / Brewer (8) / Miller (0)
PF: Faried (30) / Chandler (18) / Gallinari (4) / Randolph (0)
C: Koufos (16) / McGee (28) / Mozgov (4)

It's hard to list out because there will inevitably be many different type varieties, some featuring Iguodala at the three, possibly Faried at center, maybe even McGee and Koufos on the floor together, etc. But that's just generally how I see it going. 9-10 man rotation most nights if everyone is healthy. I think Faried is pretty much a mortal lock for at least 28 mpg at this point.

#10 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 16,463 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Interesting post. Thanks for posting those projected time splits

PG: Lawson (36) / Miller (12) / Stone (0)
SG: Iguodala (36) / Miller (12) / Hamilton (0) / Fournier (0)
SF: Gallinari (28) / Chandler (12) / Brewer (8) / Miller (0)
PF: Faried (30) / Chandler (18) / Gallinari (4) / Randolph (0)
C: Koufos (16) / McGee (28) / Mozgov (4)

It's hard to list out because there will inevitably be many different type varieties, some featuring Iguodala at the three, possibly Faried at center, maybe even McGee and Koufos on the floor together, etc. But that's just generally how I see it going. 9-10 man rotation most nights if everyone is healthy. I think Faried is pretty much a mortal lock for at least 28 mpg at this point.

#11 binhdvu83

binhdvu83

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

He does profile a lot like Humphries, but with lower FT% and higher FG%
30 team (9-cat) H2H NBA dynasty league 1st year
G: CP3, J. Butler, J. Jack, S. Livingston, D. Harris
F: T. Harris, C. Frye, B. Diaw,
C: M. Gasol, B. Wright

#12 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 16,463 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yeah that is kind of how I view him to be honest. I could also see Faried blocking close to 1.5 shots if he flirts with 30 mins. He was a very good shot blocker in college.

He does profile a lot like Humphries, but with lower FT% and higher FG%

#13 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

I said it last year and ill say it again....this guy is a ******** monster.

Double-Double + 1 Steal + 1 Block with 50%+ FG this year.

Love, love, love this kids game
14 Team | H2H 9 Cat | Redraft League

G - Elfrid Payton, D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Donald Sloan
F - Draymond Green, Rudy Gay, Jabari Parker, Jerami Grant, Lance Stephenson
C - DeMarcus Cousins, Derrick Favors, Mason Plumlee, Gorgui Dieng

#14 Dynasty999

Dynasty999

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

50%+ FG is selling him way short. Id be shocked if he ended up under 53% from fg and realistically he should be around 55 or slightly higher. He's also significantly better than Humphries, mostly due to the massive fg% gap and slightly more ppg, steals, and blocks that he projects at. He will get at the absolute least 28 mpg this year and should be around 30.

Edited by Dynasty999, 08 October 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#15 SundayKindofLove

SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

If this dude were stock I'd be a shareholder bro. Unless his mind (board of directors) was all f'ed up, but he has the presumption of his own basketball judgment.

This dude's like the anti-PJ III.
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#16 aaa1

aaa1

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Can we delete this thread until after my draft? kthxbye

My projections for him are higher than anyone's mentioned so far.

Edited by aaa1, 08 October 2012 - 05:08 AM.

10 team H2H (PTS, 3s, FG%, FT%, OREB, DREB, AST, STL, BLK), PG-G-G-F-F-C-UTILx3

#17 fredrick.brewer

fredrick.brewer

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Free the manimal...was all over him early last year! Hoping for a huge hustle season!!!
8-Man FFL Keeper League
Active Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, DST, K
TD heavy, 10 pts.

QB:
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB:
WR/TE: Calvin Johnson
WR/TE: Dez Bryant
WR/TE:
DST,
K

#18 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

This guy's energy is so high on the floor that he is going to be fun to have on your team. Doesn't have the offensive game to be a consistent big scorer but his nightly double-double with blocks, steals and hard fouls are going to be fun to have. With playing time, he will be a frequent visitor on ESPN highlights and will add stats in multiple categories.

Edited by mbroo5880i, 08 October 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#19 wisegeeks

wisegeeks

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

What round is the recommendation to draft him?

How early does he go in mock drafts?

#20 Kawz

Kawz

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

What round is the recommendation to draft him?

How early does he go in mock drafts?

In the mocks I've seen he typically goes in the high 70's.

Question: Would drafting at 66 be too much of a stretch? He averaged 11ppg, 9rpg, 1spg, 1bpg on almost 60% shooting in 27mpg in the last month of the season.

I'm thinking this year will look like 14/12/1.5/1.5 on 55% shooting.

Thoughts?
14 Team | H2H 9 Cat | Redraft League

G - Elfrid Payton, D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Donald Sloan
F - Draymond Green, Rudy Gay, Jabari Parker, Jerami Grant, Lance Stephenson
C - DeMarcus Cousins, Derrick Favors, Mason Plumlee, Gorgui Dieng