Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Kevin Love And Possible Trades - Suggestions?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 thi4f

thi4f

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Hi, I play 9-cat, 10-team roto on ESPN and would like to ask you few questions concerning my big men department.
First, I just traded Anderson Varejao (coming off 35 point, 18 rebound game) for Marc Gasol. Was that a wise decision? Do you expect Marc Gasol to repeat last season's statline?

The other thing: I'm really interested in getting Love or Aldridge, maybe both of them. Their owner is dealing with many injuries, so a 2-for-1 trade would be interesting for him (I hope). Can you please suggest some good offers for me?
My team is in the signature.

His team:
PG: Nash, Wall, Teague, Collison
SG/SF: Wade, Derozan, D. Wright, D. Green
PF/C: Love, LMA, R. Anderson, Favors, J. Thompson

#2 VinceWin

VinceWin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Love how you pulled the trigger on Verejao considering he came off the best game of his career. You were able to flip that for one of the most versatile bigs in the league. Not only is Gasol a better player, he's consistent, durable and helps with hard to get categories (FG%, assists, TOs)

As for trading for Love/Aldridge, that really all depends on how your team is built.

Edited by VinceWin, 17 November 2012 - 07:23 AM.

8 Team H2H, 9 CAT

PG: Stephen Curry, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley
SG: Nicolas Batum, JJ Reddick
SF: Lebron James, Danny Granger
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Anthony Davis, Nicolas Vucevic
C: Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Marcin Gortat

#3 thi4f

thi4f

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Thanks for quick reply and some insight!
I tried to build my team around PG + PF mixture, always keeping turnovers low and decent percentages. Unfortunately, I forgot about blocks and 3pters; my FG/FT aren't that good too. Kevin Love deals with two of those four cats, but my probable trade pieces (Hibbert, Horford, not to mention Ersan) are underperforming.
As I said, 2-for-1 would be ideal for him (his own words), but:
a ) I don't know who should I send
b ) and who should I pick in advance.

Waivers are:
J. Terry, C. Parsons, N. Vucevic, M. Dunleavy, J. Valanciunas, E. Okafor, A. Gee, S. Dalembert, R. Lopez, K. Koufos, T. Sefolosha, R. Rubio, D. Granger, D. Rose

Edited by thi4f, 17 November 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#4 VinceWin

VinceWin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

Your 3PTers are fine. Curry, Klay, Kawhi and Pierce are all capable of giving you 1.5 to 2 3PTers a game. If Curry stays healthy, he will be a Top 15 player this year.

I don't think you really need Kevin Love or Aldridge that bad. Hibbert and Ilyasova will eventually come around. Unless you're truly desperate, I would package Gasol/Conley for Kevin Love. Use that extra roster spot for a player like Sanders or Seraphin and somehow try to trade Ilyasova for a decent SG/SF. Be aggressive with your pitch. Ilyasova isn't the most attractive commodity right now.
8 Team H2H, 9 CAT

PG: Stephen Curry, Ty Lawson, Mike Conley
SG: Nicolas Batum, JJ Reddick
SF: Lebron James, Danny Granger
PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Anthony Davis, Nicolas Vucevic
C: Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, Marcin Gortat

#5 thi4f

thi4f

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Well, provided Ilyasova will find his groove (most importantly 9 rebs a night with a steal and three pointer), Love wouldn't be that necessary. Otoh Aldridge should improve both FG and FT; don't know about rebounds.
I'm considering trading Marc Gasol for LMA, what do you think about this? Any chance the opposite manager agrees?