Thanks for your interest in “The Bends”!
League Settings: https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/settings?leagueId=49665214
The goal with setting up this league is to have a deeper starting lineup and more active owners than your typical free ESPN redraft with strangers.
As a result, owners must be committed to attending the entirety of the online live auction draft and committed to remaining active throughout the entire season. This is a one-year commitment only.
In addition, this will be a long draft not for the faint of heart. With 280 total picks, if each pick takes 1 minute, the draft will approach 5 hours in length, and may go even longer.
In the hopes of finding owners that are as active as possible, owners will be asked to do the following to join the league:
1. Send an email to email@example.com with subject line “The Bends”. In the email, please briefly describe (1) how much experience you have playing fantasy football and/or other fantasy sports, (2) the different types of fantasy football leagues you have experience with (e.g. redraft/dynasty/superflex/IDP etc.), (3) any settings or rules in this league that interest you, and (4) how you are a committed owner.
2. Once invited, replace the placeholder team name and logo. Team names and logos should be relatively appropriate (i.e. something you’d be comfortable using in a work league).
3. Respond before the day of the draft (Sept. 5) to the confirmation email that will be sent out on Sept. 3.
Anyone who doesn’t meet these criteria will be replaced before the draft. Hopefully, this process will weed out inactive owners as much as possible.
- All owners are expected to remain active throughout the season. The commissioner will not set lineups or find replacement owners for inactive teams. The commissioner will not veto any trades unless they are so blatantly unbalanced that they threaten the integrity of the league.
- Playoff seeding tiebreakers: (1) better head-to-head record; (2) more total points for during regular season; (3) more total points against during regular season; (4) coin toss.
- Playoff game tiebreaker: higher seed advances.
- The winner’s bracket will be reseeded after Week 14 so that the highest remaining seed plays the lowest remaining seed in Week 15.
- Where referenced above, the #1 seed is considered “higher” than the #2 seed, the #2 seed is considered “higher” than the #3 seed, and so on.
Looking forward to a great season!
Commissioner of “The Bends”