Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions

I like Woodyard a little better today. I think he's gonna have his hands full with Jones and Leon.

Good call Timmah, Winborn would've been a pretty good play as well:)

Thanks again

Good call Timmah, Winborn would've been a pretty good play as well:)

Thanks again

Yeah, Woodyard had the extra ST, but Winborn had a PD, so they basically balanced out.

Winborn actually outscored Woodyard in the league where I have him, but only because PD's are worth 3 points.

So, forgive my lack of knowledge on this one - but if DJ Willams comes back does Woodyard sit? I want to pick up Winborn, Woodyard or DJ, but not sure who will start and be most valuable (tackle heavy league)

So, forgive my lack of knowledge on this one - but if DJ Willams comes back does Woodyard sit? I want to pick up Winborn, Woodyard or DJ, but not sure who will start and be most valuable (tackle heavy league)

Winborn was already starting at SLB, Woodyard sits.

That being said, the pickup is DJ - he's the best of the three.

Winborn was already starting at SLB, Woodyard sits.

That being said, the pickup is DJ - he's the best of the three.

Can we expect DJ to come back and immediately pick up where he left off? With his return I'm looking to drop Woodyard and pickup either Williams or Winborn. Will Winborn's numbers drop as a result of DJ's return?

Can we expect DJ to come back and immediately pick up where he left off? With his return I'm looking to drop Woodyard and pickup either Williams or Winborn. Will Winborn's numbers drop as a result of DJ's return?

Thats a good question. Who knows what DJ Williams will be like coming off of this injury? I'd have to take the wait and see approach with him before i start him.

In my NFL Blitz-like scoring redraft league, Greenway's KILLED me the last two weeks. Who is the better pick up for the rest of the season:

LBs (select one to play alongside B.Ruud):

J. Vilma (NO)

L. Woodley (PIT)

J. Winborn (DEN)

W. Woodyard (DEN)

B. James (DAL)

E.Barton (NYJ)

Also, I have A.Wilson and N.Collins as DBs (we start two). Should I keep both, or drop and pick up any of these guys:

D.Hall (WAS)

N.Harper (TEN)

C.Griffin (MIN)

J.Phillips (TB)

A.Elam (NYJ)

I need a replacement for Brackett and maybe Greenway for the playoffs (weeks 15 & 16). Brackett is injured and Greenway did not produce much since I picked him up. Could he (Greenway) profit from the suspension of the Williams wall ?

My league awards 2 pts. per tackle, 1 per assist, so Im locking for tackling machines.

Some guys Im thinking about: Vilma, Ryans, Jammer, Barton, Mayo, Bradie James, Dansby, Adibi....

Last but not least. I would realy apreciate if someone could explain me how to judge matchups for IDPs. Is it better to face a strong or a weak team, more run heavy for tackles, bad weather, less passing ? Thanks in advance !

I need a replacement for Brackett and maybe Greenway for the playoffs (weeks 15 & 16). Brackett is injured and Greenway did not produce much since I picked him up. Could he (Greenway) profit from the suspension of the Williams wall ?

My league awards 2 pts. per tackle, 1 per assist, so Im locking for tackling machines.

Some guys Im thinking about: Vilma, Ryans, Jammer, Barton, Mayo, Bradie James, Dansby, Adibi....

Last but not least. I would realy apreciate if someone could explain me how to judge matchups for IDPs. Is it better to face a strong or a weak team, more run heavy for tackles, bad weather, less passing ? Thanks in advance !

lot of good players out there for you

ryans

dansby

vilma

mayo

on the matter of matchup, i just try to look at the opposing offense and think if they will be on the field for a long period of time...you want long sustained drives so your lb's have a chance for multiple tackles...besides that its really a guessing game, start your studs

In my NFL Blitz-like scoring redraft league, Greenway's KILLED me the last two weeks. Who is the better pick up for the rest of the season:

LBs (select one to play alongside B.Ruud):

J. Vilma (NO)

L. Woodley (PIT)

J. Winborn (DEN)

W. Woodyard (DEN)

B. James (DAL)

E.Barton (NYJ)

Also, I have A.Wilson and N.Collins as DBs (we start two). Should I keep both, or drop and pick up any of these guys:

D.Hall (WAS)

N.Harper (TEN)

C.Griffin (MIN)

J.Phillips (TB)

A.Elam (NYJ)

i like your db's the way they are, i would pickup woodley...he's been a beast all year, but hopefully for my sake he has an off week because i am playing against him

outside of keeping actual charts, you want to basically understand each guy's role onthe defense and try to envision how the game will play out, or what the opposing team will do.

you can look at previous games to see how other idp's have fared against a particular offense, but it's best to justunderstand how the game might play out.

try to learn which teams play wco, for example, and how that impacts idp stats, learn who plays cover 2, which teams might have a weak left tackle to exploit, who will be throwing and who will be runing, etc.

also, like that other guy said, it's always better for your idp's to face as many plays as possible, although ends and outside lb's might be an exception because they generally benefit from facing weaker tackles and playing w/a lead against sorry teams.

What do you think about Robert Mathis this week? Do you think he'll have a solid game vs CIN? Maybe get a sack or 2? Or should I play it safe and start Kirk Morrison at my D position?

What do you think about Robert Mathis this week? Do you think he'll have a solid game vs CIN? Maybe get a sack or 2? Or should I play it safe and start Kirk Morrison at my D position?

I like Robert Mathis this week against a CIN offense that gives up a ton of sacks.

I have Mathis and Mario Williams played mathis and he went off sweet!!!

Should i pick up VanDen Bosch against Browns (ken Dorsey)

or go with Mathis against Cin?

Second Question

I have harrison going against Dallas but could pick up Dansby should i pick him up?

Ray Lewis vs. WASH or London Fletcher @ BALT?

.5 Solo tackle

.25 assisted tackle

.5 pass defended

2 sack

4 INT

That a TOUGH one. I'm inclined to say Morrison, because he's more consistent and he's a linebacker. However, Mathis has put up a couple big games. You shouldn't get burned either way, but I like you would feel more confident starting Morrison.

That a TOUGH one. I'm inclined to say Morrison, because he's more consistent and he's a linebacker. However, Mathis has put up a couple big games. You shouldn't get burned either way, but I like you would feel more confident starting Morrison.

Weigh out your risk - If your opponent seems to have the upper hand go with Mathis as he could go for 2Tackles 3 sacks and a FF while Morrisons simply a gauranteed 5-6 tackles...

Ray Lewis vs. WASH or London Fletcher @ BALT?

.5 Solo tackle

.25 assisted tackle

.5 pass defended

2 sack

4 INT

Id run with Ray Lewis in this one...slight edge but not much...

Freeney vs CIN, Peppers vs TB or Tinoisamoa vs ARI ? (I own peppers, other 2 are FAs)

scoring is 1/ST, .5/AST, 4/SK, 3/FF, 2/FR, 1/PD, 5/INT

its a bit intriguing as Im starting Garcia and if Peppers causes something bad to happen it should only give me positive points or no negative pts at least...

but then, cincy has been terrible against the pass rush (43 sacks allowed) so freeney is very attractive.

Playoff time, gentlemen. I'm willing to add and drop like a madman, if need be.

Starting 2 DLs, 2 DBs and 1 flex

A.J. Hawk vs Hou

W Woodyard vs KC

S Cooper vs Oak

X Adibi @ GB

Notable DL waivers:

B Chillar vs Hou

J Winborn vs KC

D Johnson @ Den

W Witherspoon @ Ari

B Johnson @ IND

T Spike vs NYJ

Dawkins @ NYG

Tillman vs Jac

McKelvin vs Mia

Notable DB waivers:

R Barber @ Car (Saw Biggz' post in the other forum)

A Bethea vs Cin

2/st - 1/at - 1/sk - 2/int - 1/ff - 1/fr - 6/td - 2/sft - 1/pd - 1bk

Again, TIA.

BTW, my IDPs killed in Wk13 with the following in my lineup:

Hawk vs Car

Tillman @Min

Dawkins vs Ari

Woodyard @NYJ

Cooper vs Atl

So right now I have trent cole in as my DL, but hes facing the Giants who have a tough O-Line, so he may be in for a bad game. Free Agents arent that great though.

Justin Smith vs Jets is probably the best one

Adewale Ogunleye is a nice option vs JAC, Garrard has been messed up lately

then there is Ryan Denney vs MIA

and Kamerion Wimbley @ TEN

It seems like the top two are the only options worth considering right now, but what do you guys think?

2pt/3tkls 2pts/sack 2/pts/pd

So right now I have trent cole in as my DL, but hes facing the Giants who have a tough O-Line, so he may be in for a bad game. Free Agents arent that great though.

Justin Smith vs Jets is probably the best one

Adewale Ogunleye is a nice option vs JAC, Garrard has been messed up lately

then there is Ryan Denney vs MIA

and Kamerion Wimbley @ TEN

It seems like the top two are the only options worth considering right now, but what do you guys think?

2pt/3tkls 2pts/sack 2/pts/pd

Adewale Ogunleye is my vote for this week - Garrards a screw up and will be on his back early and often.

Paderriii

Play Mario and James.

Help?

Need 1:

Cooper vs OAK - hasnt done well the last couple of weeks...

DJ Williams vs KC - matchup ok?

Woodyard vs KC

Troy Polamalu vs DAL

1 pt tackle, .5 assist, 2 for and INT or sack, 1 for defended pass

Help?

Need 1:

Cooper vs OAK - hasnt done well the last couple of weeks...

DJ Williams vs KC - matchup ok?

Woodyard vs KC

Troy Polamalu vs DAL

1 pt tackle, .5 assist, 2 for and INT or sack, 1 for defended pass

heh...I'd have to think about that one a little more....

cooper would worry me vs oak because oakland is such a wreck I'd be afraid they just wouldn't be able to give him opps.

dj would worry me because I hate playing guys right off the injury --- we don't really know what kind of shape he's in.

woodyard I think loses the starting job this week, doesn't he?

I'm not right on top of that whole thing over there.

so, does that leave me w/polamalu.....?

I'd have to do a little # check on that one --- have you got anybody else that you can pick up, maybe?