Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions

I like woodyard, but if you need to drop one of the two I'd have to pick on him because his starting days may be numbered.

I have to agree with that even though I am not sold on Adibi and like the extra pounds Woodyard has put on since his Senior year.

I meant to tout Chris Hope in my weekly play post.

But the real question is: If you could pick up either Johnson or Adibi for the rest of this year, who would you claim?

My head says Johnson, but my heart says Adibi.

If Johnson's healthy, go with your head.

In that case I'd go with Gamble and Finnegan.

RH-

Crap- After touting McKelvin all week I advised you to take Gamble's sure points.

Damn, they hardly even looked Gamble's way.

Sorry for the bad advice in a big matchup for you.

Thanks again for the info i went with peppers and he atleast got a couple of tackles. Dumerville nothing to speak of.

thanks again titanium man.

This week i need some more DL help. I still have peppers and williams but there are others i could grab our waiver wire is full of guys. I was thinking of going with Finnagin again this week over Tillman. We get points for tackles though and Tillman does do well in that area.

Here are some of the guys available.

Mathis (IND) good matchups the rest of the way.

Edwards (oak)

Tapp(Sea)

Smith (SF)

Is McKelvin, Leodis worth picking up. I have finnegin and tillman. I can only play one/week

McKelvin's remaining games - SF,Miami, Jets, Broncos

Finnegin's-Lions,browns,texans, steelers

Tillman's-Viking, Jax, Saints, Pack

Or is there someone else i should consider?

These guys are Taken:

Bell (miami), Carr(KC), Williams(Jax),Wilson(Ari),

Weddle(SDC)Atogwe(STL)Gamble(Car), Cromartie(SDC),

Winfield (MIn)Collins(GBP)Woodson(GBP)Hope(ten)wilson(Oak)

Is McKelvin, Leodis worth picking up. I have finnegin and tillman. I can only play one/week

McKelvin's remaining games - SF,Miami, Jets, Broncos

Finnegin's-Lions,browns,texans, steelers

Tillman's-Viking, Jax, Saints, Pack

Or is there someone else i should consider?

These guys are Taken:

Bell (miami), Carr(KC), Williams(Jax),Wilson(Ari),

Weddle(SDC)Atogwe(STL)Gamble(Car), Cromartie(SDC),

Winfield (MIn)Collins(GBP)Woodson(GBP)Hope(ten)wilson(Oak)

If you get points for Kick return you should go with McKlevin - I'm sitting with McKlevin from this point on with hopes that he can keep it up against some weak and pass happy quarterbacks...I think him and Finnegan are the best options...

Who do you like for the Thanksgiving day games?

Trent Cole vs ARI

Albert Haynesworth @ DET

1pt/tkl

.5pt/as

4pt/sack

3pt/FF

4pt/FR

1.5pt/PD

4pt/INT

2pt/Safety

2pt/Block Kick

Hi I have a two part question,

I currently have the #2 waive wire position in my league & LaMarr Woodley was dropped this morning. Is he worth picking up and if so, is he worth my number 2 position or should i just wait and see if he passes through waivers? The players I would consider dropping for him are: Jerod Mayo, Brian Urlacher, & DeMeco Ryans.

Tackle Solo = 1, Tackle Assisted = 0.5, Sack = 2.5, INT = 2.5, FF = 1.5, FR = 1, PD =1

The second part of my question is which of the following players should I start in Week 13?

DeMeco Ryans @ Jacksonville

Kirk Morrison @ KC

Brian Urlacher @ Minnesota

LaMarr Woodley @ New England (assuming that i pick him up)

Thanks in advance for your help

Who do you like for the Thanksgiving day games?

Trent Cole vs ARI

Albert Haynesworth @ DET

1pt/tkl

.5pt/as

4pt/sack

3pt/FF

4pt/FR

1.5pt/PD

4pt/INT

2pt/Safety

2pt/Block Kick

moot....Haynesworth picked up today

Pick 3 out of those 4:

Lofa Tatupu (at Dal)

Karlos Dansby (at Phi)

James Farrior (at Ne)

Freddy Keiaho (at Cle)

...who would you go with?

Pick 3 out of those 4:

Lofa Tatupu (at Dal)

Karlos Dansby (at Phi)

James Farrior (at Ne)

Freddy Keiaho (at Cle)

...who would you go with?

Top 3

Paderriii-

You get very good Tackle points which makes Justin Smith intriguing. But you are right in saying that Mathis has a Sack-friendly sched.

If you are only dumping Dumervil, pick up Mathis.

Paderriii-

It's hard to recommend a Rookie over 2 established CB. Tillman would be the easiest to cut because of his injury issues, but he's healthy now and has the better schedule of the 2 you have.

I like Leodis a lot. I'm fairly certain he will finish the season across from McGee.

Those 3 are all quality options in a Start 1.

But I can't recommend McKelvin over Tillman even though that is probably a mistake on my part.

I've just gotten a little cautious.

Toy Soldiers-

I say keep your priority since he may not be an upgrade.

It's hard to say whether he would be a better fit for your scoring system than one of your current Tacklers, with Sacks only at a 2.5-1 ratio over ST.

The calf injury is also an issue. I think he's worth it because he has favorable matchups to his playmaking ability but I take risks. I really can't advise along those lines.

My biggest problem is that I can't tell you who to drop: Mayo is erratic and has a bad schedule but capable of huge games; Ryans is starting to look like Ryans; Urlacher is having a down year but he's still Urlacher and has a great Week 16 matchup.

Despite an off-game vs. Denver -they'll do that to you- I like Morrison the most since he is the most consistent tackler. His schedule is damn near top notch too.

How many do you start?

Morrison is #1 this week.

Ryans

Woodley

Urlacher

Mayo

How many do you start?

Morrison is #1 this week.

Ryans

Woodley

Urlacher

Mayo

Thanks for the advice TitaniumMan. We start six defensive players each week. It is mandatory that i start two DB's and two LB/DL's. The remaining two defensive positions are "Flex" options where i can start any defensive player i like irregardless of position.

At the present moment my starting lineup consist of the following players: Adrian Wilson, Gibril Wilson, Patrick Willis, Kirk Morrison, Stephen Cooper, & Jerod Mayo. I was undecided about Mayo and was wondering whether i should have substituted him for Urlacher, Ryans, or possibly Woodley if i had picked him up

Hey guys, need to pick two from these five. If I win (against Joe Theismann's son, no less!), I lock up one of two byes; if not, it's Wild Card City.

Woodley (11.3 ppg) at NE

Dansby (9.5 ppg) at PHI

Suggs (9.4 ppg) at CIN

Morrison (7.9 ppg) vs. KC

Haynesworth (7.4 ppg) at DET

Many thanks in advance!!

ST/PD = 1 (assisted = 0)

sack = 4 (half-sacks = 0)

FF = 4

INT/DFR = 6

TD = 8 (with bonuses for 50+ and 75+)

Paderriii-

What's your DB scoring? Any PD points?

Pretty tough, RC-

You have poor or mediocre matchups for your big play guys and a great one for your tackler. But you know that at least one and maybe all your Big Play guys will rise to the occasion.

I'd recommend taking the Tackler, Morrison, feeling secure that you get at least 7ST. That's my projection. You'd get points you could bank on. And I'd recommend doing so since that's the safe play. Take one bankable score then go for the big one.

But you're playing Joetheismann'son.

So- Go for the throat.

(BTW- After you get your digs in at him, say, when you're running smack, do you ever punctuate it with "Oh SNAP!"? Just wonderin'.)

Hayneworth has a very good TO opp, even though he is more of a Tackler/Sack artist. DET just loves to give the ball away (21 FUM). PD helps because it's not hard to get a mitt on one of Daunte's passes (if he's still the QB tomorrow).

Then I'd take the shot with Woodley. James Harrison has the (way) bigger figure but LaBeau will often load up Woodley and Harrison on the same side.

So there you have it. 2 ways of going. If you want to play it safe I'd opt for Morrison and...actually, Woodley. But I have been wrong about Woodley's healing arc, so take that with a grain of salt.

Hello all, Here again for some help:

I need to start 3:

Bulluck vs DET

Cooper vs ATL

Tatupa vs DAL

Winborn vs NYJ

Howard vs KC

Greenway vs CHI

Barton vs DEN

1 pt solo, .5 assit, 1 point Pass Defended, 2 for INT or Sack

titanium man,

league scoring is this

Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs 6 points each

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 2 points each

Opponent Fumble Recovery Yards .1 point for every 1

Forced Fumbles 2 points each

Number of Interception Return TDs 6 points each

Interceptions Caught 4 points each

Interception Return Yards .1 point for every 1

Blocked Field Goals 4 points each

Blocked Punts 4 points each

Blocked Extra Points 4 points each

Tackles 1.5 points each

sacked a QB 4 points each

Safeties 2pts

Thanks for the help.

Hello all, Here again for some help:

I need to start 3:

Bulluck vs DET

Cooper vs ATL

Tatupa vs DAL

Winborn vs NYJ

Howard vs KC

Greenway vs CHI

Barton vs DEN

1 pt solo, .5 assit, 1 point Pass Defended, 2 for INT or Sack

I'll take Tatupu, Cooper and Howard.

Lofa's been nothing if not consistent lately, Atlanta tends to allow tackles to M/ILB and Howard is both coming off a solid game (7 ST, INT, PD) and fared well the last time he lined up vs. KC with 5 ST, a sack, FF, and 2 PD.

Muchas gracias, T-Man! I think I'll go for the jugular with Haynesworth. I had Morrison penciled in already, for the reason you cited.

In addition to this game determining whether Theismann Jr. or yours truly wins our division, this is a payback game for Week 2 -- when he blew me out and "held" me to a season low for points ... despite having Andre Johnson and Stover in his lineup while on their Ike bye. He did have Patrick Willis, though, who had an 80-something pick-six en route to 37 points -- more than my QB, WRs and non-Westbrook RB combined. Vengeance is mine!

I think smack talk has entailed his dad just once over the seven years of our league, but I remember it being pretty ruthless. I think it actually was about LT. He took it in stride, though. I'll try to dig it up when I get home!