Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FantaC!

Replacing worthless Jeremy Shockey

I'd rather drop Shockey and pick up a scrub TE from here on out, who's the best pick for Week 11 and long term?

Standard Yahoo scoring for yards and TD's, no PPR.

Anthony Fasano

Dustin Keller

Alex Smith

Zach Miller

John Carlson

Marcedes Lewis

Billy Miller

Matt Spaeth

Vernon Davis

LJ Smith

I'd probably go with Z-miller this week out of that group but I would NOT drop Shockey. Having Shockey means playing with a couple of TEs the rest of the way but I don't think you can cut and run yet.

It's not a terrible group available for you to play match-ups with. If your bench is too good to drop anyone from than I'd try for a trade before it's too late.

Fasano....you've gotta be kidding me. I'd go with Keller or Miller. Favre has always loved his TE, especially in the red zone. He'll be a little inconsistent, but the best of the bunch. Billy Miller will get quality looks cause NO throws a ton, but it is dependent on if Shockey can get into the mix. Another quality TE2 (verge of becoming a TE1 in another year or two) is Kevin Boss - didn't see him on the list. Seems like Manning is going his way often as an alternative to the Burress jump ball inside the 15. He's not going to have 100yd games ever, but he has a good shot at paydirt more than most of the others on the list.

Take a look at mine:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=106338

Fasano....you've gotta be kidding me. I'd go with Keller or Miller. Favre has always loved his TE, especially in the red zone. He'll be a little inconsistent, but the best of the bunch. Billy Miller will get quality looks cause NO throws a ton, but it is dependent on if Shockey can get into the mix. Another quality TE2 (verge of becoming a TE1 in another year or two) is Kevin Boss - didn't see him on the list. Seems like Manning is going his way often as an alternative to the Burress jump ball inside the 15. He's not going to have 100yd games ever, but he has a good shot at paydirt more than most of the others on the list.

Thanks for the input, I agree with the picks you chose, especially Miller - I just wish Shockey was actually hurt and it'd be a no brainer for me to add him. I missed out on Kevin Boss by a day waiting for Shockey news and now I'm stuck...

More opinions appreciated!