Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

derrickwbrown

Keeper Rankings 2009

Well I am officially out of the playoffs in one of my keeper leagues. I have Steve Smith and Randy Moss to trade and my rb's are Lynch, Larry Johnson, Mcfadden, Jonathan Stewart, and Ricky Williams. Is there a list of keepers for next year? I have a team that is willing to give me Westbrook (for a wr and lynch) because he is tired of him being hurt this year. Didn't know if I should take that or go for someone better. I will probably have the #1 or 2 pick next year too.

Thanks in advance

Well I am officially out of the playoffs in one of my keeper leagues. I have Steve Smith and Randy Moss to trade and my rb's are Lynch, Larry Johnson, Mcfadden, Jonathan Stewart, and Ricky Williams. Is there a list of keepers for next year? I have a team that is willing to give me Westbrook (for a wr and lynch) because he is tired of him being hurt this year. Didn't know if I should take that or go for someone better. I will probably have the #1 or 2 pick next year too.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't do that deal in a keeper, Lynch is 22 and Westbrook is 29. Thirty is the age when most RB's start to tail off, and the fact he wants a WR as well is ridiculous. One year league ok I understand, but in a keeper heck no. Keep your young stud and pile even more young talent and assets with that top 3 pick. Lynch, McFadden, and Stewart is a very nice young RB core for the future, you could add a young stud WR in the draft like say a Michael Crabtree if he declares as a junior with that low pick. Hope that helps B)

agreed...I would not trade for westbrook as he is 29 and the injuries he's had are a big red flag for next year in my eyes. Unfortunately both Smith and Moss's trade value aren't that high, so you'll probably end up holding on to them and hoping for better things next year even though they are older.

Lynch, Stewart, and Mcfadden are definite stud RB keepers and I wouldn't worry about upgrading there. Look to either a QB or WR if your trading your older WRs.

agreed...I would not trade for westbrook as he is 29 and the injuries he's had are a big red flag for next year in my eyes. Unfortunately both Smith and Moss's trade value aren't that high, so you'll probably end up holding on to them and hoping for better things next year even though they are older.

Lynch, Stewart, and Mcfadden are definite stud RB keepers and I wouldn't worry about upgrading there. Look to either a QB or WR if your trading your older WRs.

Ditto

Stay away from Westbrook. When he is healthy he is good, but dude is too small and too old to be of much value 2 years from now. Lynch is an upcoming stud, and the trade offer is a joke.