Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreo2k

D. Hixon's value...

With Plax hobbled by a mystery hammy problem do you guys see Hixon starting and putting up the numbers he did the game Plax was suspended?

With Plax hobbled by a mystery hammy problem do you guys see Hixon starting and putting up the numbers he did the game Plax was suspended?

Plax has been on the injury report since the preseason of '07.

I think he will play.

Plax has been on the injury report since the preseason of '07.

I think he will play.

I'm inclined to think this is correct. BTW - his explanation for the hammy is that he "slept on it wrong" - what is he - a horse?

However - I'll definitely be paying att'n to the situation leading up to the game and Hixon will be my pickup if Plax can't go - I'll probably have to drop Thigpen to do it.

My roster is completely devoid of any dependable alternatives @ the WR position....even my starters aren't dependable, as this situation clearly illustrates.

I'm inclined to think this is correct. BTW - his explanation for the hammy is that he "slept on it wrong" - what is he - a horse?

However - I'll definitely be paying att'n to the situation leading up to the game and Hixon will be my pickup if Plax can't go - I'll probably have to drop Thigpen to do it.

My roster is completely devoid of any dependable alternatives @ the WR position....even my starters aren't dependable, as this situation clearly illustrates.

Tell me about it. I just picked him up since Ocho Stinko decided to pull his antics, so I have him in there for now. It sucks that it's an afternoon game as I'd have to drop someone else on my roster in case Plaxico plays.

I got burned by Ladell Betts last week so not trying to make it 2 in a row.

yeah it just depends on the type of game.. arizona will probably put up a few pts so giants might need to throw a little

With Hixon returning punts, returning kicks, and getting some PT as WR, is he now Eddie Royal-lite in return yardage leagues?

If this rumor that Plax popped a cap in his own a** is true, I'd say Hixon has substantial value for the rest of the season.

B)

... and I thought Plaxico was a dipstick before... now I got to come up with a whole new definition for this clown.

Can some one please explain to me why this Hixon cat is getting slobbered by Rotoworld? I mean ok the guy had a solid game when Plax was suspended, but it was only 4 catches!

I have not seen the guy play so maybe im missing something here...what is all the hype about? by just looking at game logs it seems Steve Smith is the more consistent WR in NYG....

Can some one please explain to me why this Hixon cat is getting slobbered by Rotoworld? I mean ok the guy had a solid game when Plax was suspended, but it was only 4 catches!

I have not seen the guy play so maybe i'm missing something here...what is all the hype about? by just looking at game logs it seems Steve Smith is the more consistent WR in NYG....

bump.

I'm curious to know why everyone is so high on this kid? Every thread concerning him has people saying "value just skyrocketed" "substantial value going forward" ....etc etc blah blah blah...

Even RW says "Its well past time to pick Domenik Hixon up, but grab him if hes still available"

Why? whats the big whoop?

Add me to the list of ppl that don't understand. I'm not sure on most ppls WR's situation but there is no way he'd ever see the field on any of my teams.

For you guys wondering what the big deal about Hixon is:

1) HE ONLY PLAYS IN PLAX'S POSITION. So that is why he doesn't have many stats.

2) HE TORE UP THE PRESEASON. 3 TD's in one game.

3) ELI LOVES HIM. HE LOVES THROWING TO HIM

4) IN THE ONE GAME PLAXICO MISSED THIS YEAR, Hixon had 4 receptions, almost 100 yards, 1 TD IN LESS THAN 1 HALF (he got hurt)

5) YOU WILL REGRET NOT PICKING HIM UP NOW

I have not seen the guy play so maybe im missing something here...what is all the hype about? by just looking at game logs it seems Steve Smith is the more consistent WR in NYG....

He has the most upside. He's quick, returns punts and some kicks, and has the most big play ability. He was having an awesome game filling in vs. Seattle, and he left the game real early with a concussion, mind you. He essentially fills Plaxico's role, while not quite the same. What's not to love about him with Plax out? Toomer and Smith aren't going to break the big play and the only person presumably above him as a red zone threat is Kevin Boss [in the passing game].

For you guys wondering what the big deal about Hixon is:

1) HE ONLY PLAYS IN PLAX'S POSITION. So that is why he doesn't have many stats.

2) HE TORE UP THE PRESEASON. 3 TD's in one game.

3) ELI LOVES HIM. HE LOVES THROWING TO HIM

4) IN THE ONE GAME PLAXICO MISSED THIS YEAR, Hixon had 4 receptions, almost 100 yards, 1 TD IN LESS THAN 1 HALF (he got hurt)

5) YOU WILL REGRET NOT PICKING HIM UP NOW

thanks...i dont put much weight into preseason performances...my Lions were the only undefeated team in the preseason. I guess i could keep my eye on him...

That is your choice, you can "just watch him" but you will be crying after watching him and not playing him. I should have put #4 point as the #1 point. He caught 4 receptions for 102 yards and one TD in A REAL GAME this year subbing for a suspended PLAX. And like I said, this was all in LESS THAN 1 HALF as he got knocked out early in the 2nd quarter with an injury.

thanks...i dont put much weight into preseason performances...my Lions were the only undefeated team in the preseason. I guess i could keep my eye on him...

That is your choice, you can "just watch him" but you will be crying after watching him and not playing him. I should have put #4 point as the #1 point. He caught 4 receptions for 102 yards and one TD in A REAL GAME this year subbing for a suspended PLAX. And like I said, this was all in LESS THAN 1 HALF as he got knocked out early in the 2nd quarter with an injury.

Ok i'm getting your points man...but i'm only in a 10 man league. Without turning this into an assistant coach thread, do you see anyone on my roster that you would drop for him? i would not play him this week FWIW...

I would play him before Marshall, Moss, Evans, and Bryant

As far as dropping somone, drop Maurice Morris (and I am an avid Hawks fan).

Ok i'm getting your points man...but i'm only in a 10 man league. Without turning this into an assistant coach thread, do you see anyone on my roster that you would drop for him? i would not play him this week FWIW...

wow...you really like this kid. Ill go ahead and pick him up, but i'm stubborn and sticking with my studs this week. thanks

LOL.....I would drop Morris too, but playing him above all those guys, you sound more like a Giants fan to me....

I hate the Giants. No, I just know this guy is a #1 WR. Come back to this thread Sunday so I can give you a "I told ya so".

Im thinking about starting him this week, I need a big week from a WR