Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freestevesmith

Crucial Line Up Decisions - PLEASE HELP, WHIR!

Two weeks before the playoffs in my 12 team league (NON PPR) and need help with my line up this week. WHIR!!!

#1) I've been riding the Matt Cassel train for two weeks but think it could be derailed this week at Pittsburg.

Would you start Matt Cassel (@ PIT), Big Ben (@ NE) or Frerotte (@ CHI)?

#2) I can start up to 4 RB's in this league 2 RB's and/or 2 RB-WR's. I just lost E. Graham who I've played most weeks this year. I'm pretty secure and will probably always start F. Gore (@ BUF), S. Slaton (@ JAC) & T. Jones (@ DEN).

Would you start L. Washington (@ DEN), T. Hightower (@ PHI), JJ Arrington (@ PHI), K. Faulk (@ PIT) OR P. Thomas (@ TB) in that 4th slot? OR...

#3) I must start 3 WR's or up to 5 using the 2 RB-WR slots mentioned above. I only have 4 though. Right now I'm rolling with L. Coles (@ DEN), S. Holmes (@ NE) & E. Royal (@ NYJ).

Would you play V. Jackson (@ ATL) over one of the RB's in #2 or over one of the WR's in #3?

I'd love to hear some differing opinions on who I should start... and I realize this is a lot of questions so thanks in advance to anyone willing to throw in their 2 cents. Playing for the championship!!!

My full line up for reference (starting each week QB, RB, RB, RB-WR, RB-WR, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST):

QB: Cassel, Roethlisberger, Freotte

RB: Gore, Slaton, Thomas Jones, L. Washington, Hightower, K. Faulk, JJ Arrington, Pierre Thomas

WR: Coles, S. Holmes, E. Royal, V. Jackson

TE: K. Winslow, Z. Miller

K: Longwell

DST: Eagles

Two weeks before the playoffs in my 12 team league (NON PPR) and need help with my line up this week. WHIR!!!

#1) I've been riding the Matt Cassel train for two weeks but think it could be derailed this week at Pittsburg.

Would you start Matt Cassel (@ PIT), Big Ben (@ NE) or Frerotte (@ CHI)?

#2) I can start up to 4 RB's in this league 2 RB's and/or 2 RB-WR's. I just lost E. Graham who I've played most weeks this year. I'm pretty secure and will probably always start F. Gore (@ BUF), S. Slaton (@ JAC) & T. Jones (@ DEN).

Would you start L. Washington (@ DEN), T. Hightower (@ PHI), JJ Arrington (@ PHI), K. Faulk (@ PIT) OR P. Thomas (@ TB) in that 4th slot? OR...

#3) I must start 3 WR's or up to 5 using the 2 RB-WR slots mentioned above. I only have 4 though. Right now I'm rolling with L. Coles (@ DEN), S. Holmes (@ NE) & E. Royal (@ NYJ).

Would you play V. Jackson (@ ATL) over one of the RB's in #2 or over one of the WR's in #3?

I'd love to hear some differing opinions on who I should start... and I realize this is a lot of questions so thanks in advance to anyone willing to throw in their 2 cents. Playing for the championship!!!

My full line up for reference (starting each week QB, RB, RB, RB-WR, RB-WR, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DST):

QB: Cassel, Roethlisberger, Freotte

RB: Gore, Slaton, Thomas Jones, L. Washington, Hightower, K. Faulk, JJ Arrington, Pierre Thomas

WR: Coles, S. Holmes, E. Royal, V. Jackson

TE: K. Winslow, Z. Miller

K: Longwell

DST: Eagles

I would go with

QB Freotte

RB Gore Slaton TJ Hightower

WR coles, Royal, Jackson

TE Winslow

1.Qb is a tough call, Im reluctantly gonna go with Big Ben just because chad Pennigton threw over 300 against NE sunday

2.Id start Washington, with Den terrible def i expect him to hit another homerun at some point during that game

3. No

1. I trust Big Ben the most out of those Qb's

2. I'd keep your RB's how you have them, flex Hightower, and maybe switchout Holmes for V Jackson

I would go with Cassel only because that's all the Pats will have, the run will be shut down. Plus he's going to "manage" the game, so as long as he doesn't spend all day on the ground, he should post decent numbers.

I think either Leon or Faulk (Leon a little more favorable) if this is a PPR league. With no run to speak of, Faulk will be catching a lot of passes as Cassel gets pressured. If it's not a PPR, then Leon should have a field day vs. DEN.

Like the post above me, I think Holmes will be at less than 100% so keep an eye on that. If he's gimpy, I'd plug Jackson in, he should be good for a home run ball or two. If Holmes is OK, I'd leave things as-is.

Good luck and thanks for helping me out too!

So just to follow up... I rarely see that...

first, thanks for the input everyone.

I ended up going with Big Ben over Frerotte and Cassel (BB = 13, GF = 20 & MC = 1)... just glad I didn't go Cassel.

I started Gore, Slaton, T Jones and L Washington. T Jones went off as you all know and Leon limped in with a 5 (based on our scoring system) and Gore chipped in 4 with the fumble... Slaton still to go obviously. Hightower and Arrington combined for 0 on the bench, K Faulk on the bench had a 5, while Pierre Thomas looks like the guy I should have played over Gore or Washington with 9 points... not sure I would ever do that though... maybe over Leon but... probably not Gore.

At WR I went with Coles (0), V Jax (0), E Royal (18) and left S Holmes on the bench who would have thrown in 6.

I also started Z Miller over K Winslow.... 6 vs. 0... so happy with that (kinda...)

What really matters is that it looks like I'll win... right now 90 to 42 ... I still have Slaton and he still has F Taylor and Jags DST tonight... I doubt those two will combine for 40+...

I have a lot of options which is good and bad but should come out on top this week.

Thanks again.