Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthor

Need Help, Line Up Descisions (Playoff Implications)

QB - Cutler or Garcia

i hate to bench Cutler but Garcia has a nice matchup in potentially a shoot out type game with Brees. on the other hand Cutler has gotten me this far and i have a feeling he is going to bounce back this week, since the Jets aren't as big against the pass

RB - MJD, T Jones, C Johnson (need 2)

pretty set on starting Jones against a bad Denver DEF, but between MJD and C Johnson i'm torn. MJD has been tearing it up lately and has a decent matchup against HOU and in a dome. C Johnson is going against the worst rush def in the league but has stunk it up the last few weeks. and with LenDale complaining i'm kinda afraid he steals the touches from C Johnson this week and takes the good matchup

WR - S Smith (CAR), R Moss, D Jax (need 2)

Moss has been on fire the last 2 weeks but a bad matchup against PITT. Smith has been very consistent all year and probably the only WR I consider a must start on my roster. D Jax has a game against ARI that has shootout written all over it. and it feels like McNabb may be coming out gunning after getting benched last week. and playing at home against a NFC west team that has to come on a short week, seems like a good bet they won't have trouble scoring the only question is will it be Westy running, McNabb throwing to Curtis, or McNabb throwing to D Jax

forgot to mention it is a standard ppr league format

Garcia, Jones, Smith.

No question.

Cutler is turnover prone now.

Jones has been on fire forever...did you see him against the TEN D?

(You could call it a tossup between Johnson and Jones though.)

Smith. GB got torn up last week.

I think Cutler over Garcia is a no brainer- Garcia does not have nearly the weopons around him and while NO is a good matchup- DEN will need to pass against the Jets and he has the weopons to put up the #'s.

WR- Smith and Moss- DJax is much riskier IMO.

RB- this one is the hardest of the choices. I agree with you on Jones. MJD and CJ are basically a coin flip. I think Id give the slight edge to Johnson but that is basically just a got call- Great matchups for all 3.

1. Cutler: Jets can be thrown upon, and apart from Darelle Revis (who can only cover one of their two explosive receivers), actually have a very weak secondary. Plus, I could see this becoming a shootout, with DEN playing from behind much of the game. With DEN's rickety RB depth against such a strong D-line, they should be forced to go pass-heavy.

2. TJ, CJ - no-brainers (and I'm doing the same in my league)

3. I'd sit Moss - that PIT D scares me and they can shut down whoever they choose to key in on - your instinct about the Philly game being a shootout will be correct.

Cutler (Denver has to throw and the Jets have the 26th ranked pass D. Look for 300+ yards and 2 TD's, probably a pick too)

Jones (No brainer against Denver's horrible run D. My grandma could drive a rascal scooter for yards against them)

Johnson (Better match up and LeDale White is only complaining cuz he's been sucking)

Smith (Gotta start him)

Moss (Matt cassel is the real deal, and that makes Randy moss the real deal. Look for NE to win this one)

I think Cutler over Garcia is a no brainer- Garcia does not have nearly the weopons around him and while NO is a good matchup- DEN will need to pass against the Jets and he has the weopons to put up the #'s.

WR- Smith and Moss- DJax is much riskier IMO.

RB- this one is the hardest of the choices. I agree with you on Jones. MJD and CJ are basically a coin flip. I think Id give the slight edge to Johnson but that is basically just a got call- Great matchups for all 3.

I agree with the above...i give an edge to CJ, they will be running it down Detroit's throat all day!

1. Cutler: Jets can be thrown upon, and apart from Darelle Revis (who can only cover one of their two explosive receivers), actually have a very weak secondary. Plus, I could see this becoming a shootout, with DEN playing from behind much of the game. With DEN's rickety RB depth against such a strong D-line, they should be forced to go pass-heavy.

2. TJ, CJ - no-brainers (and I'm doing the same in my league)

3. I'd sit Moss - that PIT D scares me and they can shut down whoever they choose to key in on - your instinct about the Philly game being a shootout will be correct.

This pretty much convinced me! My biggest difference might be about Moss -- I have dumped DJax because he's not very reliable, and if I watched this game and saw Philly's passing game stay in the toilet, I'd say something like "Yup, I knew that, so why didn't I . . . ." But that's me.

Go with Cutler, he should definitely bounce back vs. the Jets with a solid game. Plus, they still have no run game as much as people want to crown Hillis the next Terrell Davis!

Gotta go with CJ, especially with LenWhale's mouth going non-stop. Should have a nice game. Also start Jones as you said for obvious reasons.

In a PPR league, Smith is a no-brainer. Welker is the only Pat I would have in with a PPR league. Gotta go with Jackson because of your reasoning - it's gonna be a shootout!

Good luck and thanks for your help as well!