Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler Dynasty Baseball

Round 5:
1. King S - Pass
2. Jeter - David Paulino(via text)
3. MOTP - Chris Shaw 1B (SF)
4. Jeter -Dylan Cease (via butt dial)
5. KTOWN -otc and pm'ed
6. K.Heart -Phil Bickford P, SF
7. K.Heart -Wilkerman Garcia SS, NYY
8. Benji - Alex Colome'
9. MOTP - Mychal Givens RP (Balt)
10. Seven -Brett Cecil
11. Jeter- Dom Nunez
12. Benji-Colby Rasmus
13. sya -Triston Mackenzie SP Cleveland(via email)
14. wtate - Rhys Hoskins
15. Seven - Casey Gillaspie
16. Jeter - Gavin Cecchini
17. sportsguy - Nick Markakis
18. Seven - OTC, PM sent

Round 5:

1. King S - Pass

2. Jeter - David Paulino(via text)

3. MOTP - Chris Shaw 1B (SF)

4. Jeter -Dylan Cease (via butt dial)

5. KTOWN -otc and pm'ed

6. K.Heart -Phil Bickford P, SF

7. K.Heart -Wilkerman Garcia SS, NYY

8. Benji - Alex Colome'

9. MOTP - Mychal Givens RP (Balt)

10. Seven -Brett Cecil

11. Jeter- Dom Nunez

12. Benji-Colby Rasmus

13. sya -Triston Mackenzie SP Cleveland(via email)

14. wtate - Rhys Hoskins

15. Seven - Casey Gillaspie

16. Jeter - Gavin Cecchini

17. sportsguy - Nick Markakis

18. Seven - Seung-hwan Oh

And Mr. Irrelevant is, the aptly nicknamed, "Final Boss".

I'll cut Zach Lee and stick Mr. Oh on my MiLB roster for now.

Please reply to my email I just sent you in order to submit your waiver claims, if any.

Also post on this thread to claim your week 18 "rival."

Sorry if I didn't vote on rivalry week but I'm all for it. I'll go ahead and call out Mr. Hearts himself for beating me last year and for what I believe have been two teams here since the beginning going at it year in, year out. Riku vs. Sora if you get the reference!

Yeah, I'm not sure why Jeter is a presumed rival. It's his 1st year in, he hasn't played a game yet. I'd assume my rival would be SYA, followed by probably Jeter, then Chubb.

I'll take whomever in rivalry week. Looks like Milk Of The Poppy is rebuilding so give me him. I need all the W's I can get. :-) Yes I know after saying that he will kick my a** but so be it.

Rebuilding? I have Odubel Herrera & Mike Pelfrey damnit! Bring it on KTOWN. I accept your challenge.

A lil Milk of the Poppy shall numb your pain. ;-)

I'll take King S unless somebody else has another idea. When King S brought up Sora and Riku, it reminded me that it's been like 13 years since KH1 came out. And KH3 still isn't out yet lol. Square Enix flopped on this one.

so i have challenges from 1) Benji 2) Chingon 3) Vegeta. Didn't realize so many guys wanted to have more losses added to their W-L records!

If Vegeta thinks newbie Jeter shouldn't be his rival, then I'm fine with facing him too. 2 original members, plenty of history, i'm all for it.

Who will Jeter face though?

I don't really think I have a natural rival here, so I'll take whoever's interested or whoever's left.

The other day Keister was talking crap about the way you run the spreadsheet..said something about how he could do better

I don't really think I have a natural rival here, so I'll take whoever's interested or whoever's left.

The other day Keister was talking crap about the way you run the spreadsheet..said something about how he could do better

Dude this was a literal spit out the coffee kinda moment...LMAO

Well, we'll see about losing SYA. I based my "rivals" off the hmmmm difficulty in trade talks. So going by that it's SYA by a landslide, then Jeter, then Chubb. So I can accept SYA & Jeter in that regard.

This is the current rule as written by Sya nearly 10 years ago:

Free Agent Pick-Ups: Any player (EXCEPT rookies) who will appear in the Waiver Wire will be eligible for pick-up. Meaning any minor leaguers who won’t appear in the Yahoo Pool will NOT be eligible for pick-up

I have heard the people and i believe you guys want "gray areas" eliminated. In an effort to eliminate these areas I am tweaking/clarifying the wording on Sya's original rules about free agent adds.

The clarification will read as such:

Free Agent Pick-Ups: only players who appear in Yahoo will be eligible for pick-up.

Players added to the yahoo player pool will be subject to waivers and eligible to claim..UNLESS...

1. he is an international signing that did not sign before our draft started

2. a player that gets drafted in the upcoming "real-life" Draft that will occur this spring/summer and gets called up in that current season

(the best example of this happening was Brandon Finnegan).. He got drafted and called up in same season... He Couldn't be drafted in Stifler till the following season.

3. Said player is already owned by another owner.

As far as the Greg Holland/Jeter situation goes..this is my explanation/ruling:

It is my belief that enough owners were under the impression that by rule Holland was not eligible to add and therefore didn't put a claim in on him. Even with Sya's previous rule the first line states the player must be in Yahoo(then it gets cloudy after that)I do also believe that the way the original rule was written it did not take into consideration an MLB player not in the database.

Based on that alone I rule that Greg Holland if/when he gets added to Yahoo will be subject to waivers but is currently not eligible to be added and is not owned by anyone.