Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

Need help finishing off dynasty draft

25 rounds, 22 done so far. I'm drafting at the end of the order (meaning I get #9 and #12 picks, for example). I completely ignored drafting for holds (probably punting it) and only went for closers late in the draft (though that was partly due to me screwing up my draft strategy by misjudging how far a number of closers would fall, by about four or five picks). Currently, my team stands at this:

C- Victor Martinez (9)

1B- Lance Berkman (3)

2B- Ian Kinsler (2)

3B- Edwin Encarnacion (20)

SS- Stephen Drew (5)

OF- Grady Sizemore (1)

OF- Jason Bay (4)

OF- Pat Burrell (12)

UT- James Loney (11)

UT- Andre Ethier (14)

SP- Chad Billingsly (6)

SP- Carlos Zambrano (7)

SP- Fransisco Liriano (8)

RP- Matt Lindstrom (16)

RP- Frank Francisco (18)

RP- Dan Wheeler (21)

P- Ricky Nolasco (10)

P- Josh Johnson (13)

Bench- Ryan Dempster(15)

Bench- Jermaine Dye (17)

Bench- Wandy Rodriguez (19)

Bench- Chris Carpenter (22)

Bench-

Bench-

Bench-

In my minor league team (for those with under 100IP's or 300AB's), I picked Chris Davis up at #5 because I didn't realize he was under 300 AB's when I initially got him in the fifth round. After that I went for high-upside prospects who are unlikely to make the majors this year since I think my majors team is already pretty young (Bumgarner, Cahill, Alderson, Holland, Morrison, Jennings).

I made a number of other mistakes (I left some good pitchers on the board when I went for Burrell and Loney over the span of four picks between me and another guy. This series came right after Lidge, Valverde, BJ Ryan and Greinke all went off the board just before it came to my picks.) Dye was good value in the 17th round I think, but I think that may leave me with too many OF's.

Basically, my final question is: who should I aim for that has major leagues eligibility with my two remaining picks (I'm going to call up Davis ASAP)?. A little more relief pitching? Or a backup middle infielder for Kinsler's possible fragile state?

25 rounds, 22 done so far. I'm drafting at the end of the order (meaning I get #9 and #12 picks, for example). I completely ignored drafting for holds (probably punting it) and only went for closers late in the draft (though that was partly due to me screwing up my draft strategy by misjudging how far a number of closers would fall, by about four or five picks). Currently, my team stands at this:

C- Victor Martinez (9)

1B- Lance Berkman (3)

2B- Ian Kinsler (2)

3B- Edwin Encarnacion (20)

SS- Stephen Drew (5)

OF- Grady Sizemore (1)

OF- Jason Bay (4)

OF- Pat Burrell (12)

UT- James Loney (11)

UT- Andre Ethier (14)

SP- Chad Billingsly (6)

SP- Carlos Zambrano (7)

SP- Fransisco Liriano (8)

RP- Matt Lindstrom (16)

RP- Frank Francisco (18)

RP- Dan Wheeler (21)

P- Ricky Nolasco (10)

P- Josh Johnson (13)

Bench- Ryan Dempster(15)

Bench- Jermaine Dye (17)

Bench- Wandy Rodriguez (19)

Bench- Chris Carpenter (22)

Bench-

Bench-

Bench-

In my minor league team (for those with under 100IP's or 300AB's), I picked Chris Davis up at #5 because I didn't realize he was under 300 AB's when I initially got him in the fifth round. After that I went for high-upside prospects who are unlikely to make the majors this year since I think my majors team is already pretty young (Bumgarner, Cahill, Alderson, Holland, Morrison, Jennings).

I made a number of other mistakes (I left some good pitchers on the board when I went for Burrell and Loney over the span of four picks between me and another guy. This series came right after Lidge, Valverde, BJ Ryan and Greinke all went off the board just before it came to my picks.) Dye was good value in the 17th round I think, but I think that may leave me with too many OF's.

Basically, my final question is: who should I aim for that has major leagues eligibility with my two remaining picks (I'm going to call up Davis ASAP)?. A little more relief pitching? Or a backup middle infielder for Kinsler's possible fragile state?

Who did you wind up getting? Or, if it's a slow draft, I'd agree that you need another MI, preferably with 2B and SS eligibility, and a closer-in-waiting who can get you some holds and possibly step up during the year (Motte in STL, for instance). I think you may want to trade for at least one masher for your UT spot, though you could get 20+ HRs from six or seven of those guys, it would be nice to have Adam Dunn or his ilk to get you 30+.