Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

Blockbuster dynasty deal help involving Sizemore, Soriano, Johan, Billingsley

I'm giving up Stephen Drew, Sizemore and Billingsley and getting Alfonso Soriano, Rafael Furcal and Johan Santana in return.

Team currently stands at:

Martinez, Berkman, Kinsler, Drew, Davis, Sizemore, Bay, Burrell, Loney, Dye, Ethier, Encarnacion, Hill, Greene, Werth

Billingsley, Zambrano, Nolasco, Liriano, Josh Johnson, Dempster, Wandy, Carpenter, Frank Francisco, Lindstrom, Wheeler

I'm sorely tempted to do this deal because it gives me a legitimate, completely solid stud pitcher, more consistency at SS (less power and a lot more speed) and I won't be losing out too much in terms of power and steals in the OF swap.

I just don't really want to get older with the three guys coming my way. Santana over Billingsley is an absolute no-brainer of course, I have sufficient pitching help in the minors to replace Santana. Although I don't think Furcal will get hurt again and should be better overall than Drew (average, a little pop and plenty more steals than Drew), I have Khalil Greene as my backup SS (ouch) and no minor league SS prospects to fall back on. Sizemore is the best player in the deal and although right now over a full season I can't separate him with Soriano, that 7-year age gap is not what I want.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Pass. You're giving up too much to get an ace. Even if you don't have any up and coming aces from your MiLB roster, I would still pass. Your current rotation already has a lot of potential though I'm scared of Zambrano.

Hmm, this was something offered to me. I drafted for a young team and I think I did it successfully enough (guys like Burrell, Dye, Dempster were all picked because they fell down a lot.). I wasn't looking to pick Zambrano but he fell to a position where he was probably a steal to get.

Bumgarner, Cahill, Alderson, Holland and Main are the pitching prospects I have down in the farm (Morrison, Jennings, Ramirez, Borbon, Beltre, Cunningham form the position prospects after I got Davis at #5).

I'm giving up Stephen Drew, Sizemore and Billingsley and getting Alfonso Soriano, Rafael Furcal and Johan Santana in return.

Team currently stands at:

Martinez, Berkman, Kinsler, Drew, Davis, Sizemore, Bay, Burrell, Loney, Dye, Ethier, Encarnacion, Hill, Greene, Werth

Billingsley, Zambrano, Nolasco, Liriano, Josh Johnson, Dempster, Wandy, Carpenter, Frank Francisco, Lindstrom, Wheeler

I'm sorely tempted to do this deal because it gives me a legitimate, completely solid stud pitcher, more consistency at SS (less power and a lot more speed) and I won't be losing out too much in terms of power and steals in the OF swap.

I just don't really want to get older with the three guys coming my way. Santana over Billingsley is an absolute no-brainer of course, I have sufficient pitching help in the minors to replace Santana. Although I don't think Furcal will get hurt again and should be better overall than Drew (average, a little pop and plenty more steals than Drew), I have Khalil Greene as my backup SS (ouch) and no minor league SS prospects to fall back on. Sizemore is the best player in the deal and although right now over a full season I can't separate him with Soriano, that 7-year age gap is not what I want.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Pass, and I mean Pass bigtime.

First of all, I like Drew better than Furcal in the first place. 25 HR with something near a .300 BA is what you can reasonably expect from Drew. The only stat that I really like Furcal in this would be SBs, and a slight edge in runs. Add to the fact that its a dynasty, and Drew is 5 years younger, and less of an injury concern than Furcal, and you are losing the SS swap of this deal.

You are losing the OF swap as well. Seizmore is the better player between the two. He's younger, both have similar type power, Seizmore gives you way more steals now, more runs, RBI's, better OBP, and similar BA, while qualifying for CF. Not to mention he's 25, and entering his prime, while Soriano is starting to decline.

The Johan for Billingsly one is the only part of the deal that you are winning, but I don't think its anywhere near as worth it to upgrade from Bills, who is a legitimate ace at this point from a fantasy standpoint (and young) for Santana.

I would pass.

Pass, and I mean Pass bigtime.

First of all, I like Drew better than Furcal in the first place. 25 HR with something near a .300 BA is what you can reasonably expect from Drew. The only stat that I really like Furcal in this would be SBs, and a slight edge in runs. Add to the fact that its a dynasty, and Drew is 5 years younger, and less of an injury concern than Furcal, and you are losing the SS swap of this deal.

You are losing the OF swap as well. Seizmore is the better player between the two. He's younger, both have similar type power, Seizmore gives you way more steals now, more runs, RBI's, better OBP, and similar BA, while qualifying for CF. Not to mention he's 25, and entering his prime, while Soriano is starting to decline.

The Johan for Billingsly one is the only part of the deal that you are winning, but I don't think its anywhere near as worth it to upgrade from Bills, who is a legitimate ace at this point from a fantasy standpoint (and young) for Santana.

I would pass.

I was going to write almost the exact same thing. Definitely no deal...