Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_nemesis

Matt Laporta 2009

I don't think anything changes here. He's held his own in a relatively small sample size of Spring Training games thus far, but Cleveland simply has too many players that can play the OF/1B/DH positions. Cleveland has indicated they would like to get Shoppach more AB's, which pushes V-Mart out to 1B, Hafner DH's if healthy, Francisco, Sizemore, and Choo will be the starting OF's with Garko and Dellucci also jockeying for AB's. Plus, its in Cleveland's best interest to delay starting LaPorta's free agent clock as much as possible (a la Evan Longoria 2008).

I'm sure we'll see him in 2009, but I can't see it being any earlier than July (at best).

I drafted him last season in my NL only league. Thanks to the brewers for trading him to the AL...I don't even get CC. Just a big, fat nothing. What a huge loss.

Still looking like a mid season call up for Laporta?

Definetly; he's batting .394 in ST, looks poised for a nice splash in '09.

Definetly; he's batting .394 in ST, looks poised for a nice splash in '09.

Will it be 2 months just to get the extra year or are they thinking summer. I drafted him on a team with only a 5 man bench - but its a keeper league so it is worth the risk!

??? and will he have the same impact as say Longoria?

Wouldn't compare him to Longoria really, but LaPorta could be an impact bat in due time. I think a lot will depend on what happens with Hafner and Garko.

Wouldn't compare him to Longoria really, but LaPorta could be an impact bat in due time. I think a lot will depend on what happens with Hafner and Garko.

Also, Francisco hitting will hurt his chances as well. At 24-years of age not quite sure how long they intend on keeping 'Mash' down in AAA.

Anyone know why he hasn't played in the last two games?

The ripple effect hit the Clippers during a 5-1, 5-4 doubleheader loss to the Louisville Bats last night at Slugger Field in which outfielder Matt LaPorta left the second game in the fifth inning because of a strain to his right ribcage.

"I'm all right," LaPorta said. "The first at-bat of the first game, I just felt a little something. I just tried to play as long as I could. Hopefully, (today) I'll be better."

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/conte...BM.html?sid=101

CLE offense could use this kid right about now in LF

CLE offense could use this kid right about now in LF

I agree dude, 2-4 tonight with a 2b; scr*w Ben Francisco.

Let the Bring Mash to CLEV. countdown begin;

B.Francisco today 0-4 (2-Ks & 3-LOB) and is now batting a sparkling .154 on the season. Just a matter of time folks till the Masher is released and unleashed into the Majors.

He will be here by June 1 and it will be a "blast".

I can't wait. gives me another piece to trade off my current roster.

Hit another HR last night B)

Saw him play in Louisville on Saturday. He looked real impressive at the plate going 2-3 with a triple that just missed leaving the ballpark.

I'm impressed that he only has 4 K's through 33 at bats.

I'm impressed that he only has 4 K's through 33 at bats.

He also hit his 3rd-HR yesterday, you hear that...? Those are the steps of Mash Laporta and he is walking towards LF, look out B.Francisco!

Looks like my main prospects are close to getting called up.

LaPorta, Wieters, Beckham...will soon join Zimmermann, Cahill, Porcello who are already at the big league level.

Is Laporta definitely making it to the bigs this year? What is the projected date? I wanna grab this guy in my one year league B)