Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

More trade help: Kinsler, Dye for Phillips, Pence

I was interested in acquiring Pence, thinking that if he showed more discipline with the breaking pitch he'd elevate up to maybe .280-.300 with 90 runs, 30 homers and 20 stolen bases.

Made an inquiry into the Pence owner in my league, and he produced this deal:

I send Ian Kinsler and Jermaine Dye and receive Brandon Phillips and Hunter Pence.

I definitely like this deal for me, but I'm extremely high on Kinsler (.300 with 110 runs and 20/50 is my predicted line for him) and unsure about Phillips (especially if he hits fourth, lowering his SB total and won't score as many as Kinsler). Obviously I'd want Pence on my team over Dye in a couple of years.

As an adamant Rangers fan, I think you're a little high on Kinsler. He'll hit 20, but he won't steal 50--35 is a more realistic goal. The thing you worry about with him is that he's an all-out player; he's going to see some time off for injuries this year, especially with Vizquel, Duran, or Vallejo all serving as capable subs. Phillips should also rebound from an unlucky year.

Then again, I'm really high on Pence (I'm a sucker for post-hype discounts), and I think he has a good season. He's also a good deal younger than Dye.

I like the trade for you, but I think it's pretty even.

I definitely like this deal for me, but I'm extremely high on Kinsler (.300 with 110 runs and 20/50 is my predicted line for him) and unsure about Phillips (especially if he hits fourth, lowering his SB total and won't score as many as Kinsler). Obviously I'd want Pence on my team over Dye in a couple of years.

You got the right idea. Phillips is money in the bank for a 25/25 type season; unless your in an OPS league he's a super asset. Pence over Dye now and later, I do expect Pence ever to be a 30/30 players but he's a 5-tool player.

I just want to see whether I can take the hit in runs, my current team stands at:

Martinez, Berkman, Kinsler, Davis, Drew, Sizemore, Bay, Burrell, Loney, Dye, Ethier, Encarnacion, Hill and Werth.

I'll probably be losing out a little on average too but I think I gain in SB and for the future.