Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

Aaron Cunningham 2009

He came up in September last year for the A's and was pretty much an average outfielder. Has anyone got projections for him based on his current situation (good playing time that may be split a little?)

He came up in September last year for the A's and was pretty much an average outfielder. Has anyone got projections for him based on his current situation (good playing time that may be split a little?)

Sweeney is the starter in CF. Cunningham will start the year in the minors, but may be up soon enough if Sweeney falters.

Pardon me...Cunningham prob. will go to RF at some point, not CF.

Slow start for the kid, 2 hits in 24 at bats. Anyone watching the games see anything signaling that he'll turn it around any time soon? Is the shoulder injury still bothering him? Only drawn one walk thus far which is pretty concerning for a guy who had a .400 OBP last year in the minors.

Slow start for the kid, 2 hits in 24 at bats. Anyone watching the games see anything signaling that he'll turn it around any time soon? Is the shoulder injury still bothering him? Only drawn one walk thus far which is pretty concerning for a guy who had a .400 OBP last year in the minors.

Anyone have any insight on his playing time for the rest of the year? I need to make a decision on him today for my AL only league and it seems like Oakland should give giving him a shot at regular playing time over Davis and Sweeney. He hasn't been playing since his callup, but doesnt anyway have any idea if this may change in the near future?

Anyone have any insight on his playing time for the rest of the year? I need to make a decision on him today for my AL only league and it seems like Oakland should give giving him a shot at regular playing time over Davis and Sweeney. He hasn't been playing since his callup, but doesnt anyway have any idea if this may change in the near future?

Per RW:

"Athletics optioned outfielder Aaron Cunningham to Triple-A Sacramento.

The move clears room for Monday's starter Brett Tomko. Cunningham has hit .151/.211/.245 with one home run and six RBI in 53 at-bats this season. "

I guess that answers the question...