Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

Worst injuries you've had this season?

In one 12-team roto league, I drafted a pretty darn strong team with big improvers Harris, Granger, Lee, Millsap and Thad Young. I turned Bosh and Richard Jefferson into Deng and Al Jefferson. I saved a #1 waiver priority and got Kevin Martin when he was on the wire while hurt.

Josh Howard was hurt all the way through the year. Deng was hurt for a while, traded Peja for him. Peja shot poorly for a while and now he's missed a buttload of games with back spasms. Drafted Monta late for his 40 or so games but he hurt himself after coming back as well.

Didn't start too well and was chasing for three months, hit the lead two days before Al Jefferson got hurt and been struggling in FG% since

Then Granger got hurt. When he came back, Devin got hurt. So not a bad collection there, still second/third in the league with a week or so left. If this thing becomes a keeper, I could probably write my name on the trophy next season.

Another league, I drafted Baron and Elton as my first and second rounders.

A third league, didn't have too many injury problems. Calderon and Nelson both went down, but eh, s--- happens. Unfortunately, I'm losing my playoff H2H matchup 6-5 with a day left, and down by 2 in rebounds. Who could've made up that gap? None other than Troy Murphy, who chose this week to get hurt. Hoping I pull this out,

Now in the playoffs, down 4-5 with games missed from Kidd and Baron Davis.

Andrew Bogut

Tracy McGrady

Mike Dunleavy

Baron Davis

I have also had Monta Ellis, Rip Hamilton, Nate Robinson and Ron Artest miss several games due to injury. 9 team keeper league which I joined last year, so had a pretty crappy team to begin with, and I am holding onto my injured guys for next season.

Brand,Granger,Kev Mart, Harris, Bierdrin, Garcia, Gooden. Guys that have missed less than 10 games is not worth me mentioning but I got some of those too.

One of my teams, I had Amare, Brand, Deron, Granger, Durant, Josh Howard. One of my other teams was Amare, Al Jeff, Bogut. My third team was Al Jeff and Bogut.

For my first two teams, which are roto, I am sitting in 2nd and 3rd place. My third team, a h2h, is in the playoffs with a bye.

So i made the choice that i was going to try and grab 4 center eligible players in the top 100 in the draft. have a strong big man team. and I did!

Elton Brand

Al Jefferson

Andrew Bogut

Troy Murphy

yea...

Al Jefferson, Amare, Camby, AK47, Tyson Chandler, Mike Dunleavy

ya.... fun year.

Now in the playoffs, down 4-5 with games missed from Kidd and Baron Davis.

i dont think i can complain about this enough being doown 5-4 (down 9 assists)

ive lost bynum and bogut. The worst injuries has to be baron davis and rasheed wallace during playoff week, which cost me to be eliminated from playoffs, losing by 28 points.... 4-5

al jeff amare redd deng delonte wallace. deng was sucking anyway, wallace is to be expected, delonte was playin nice before injury.

This season is actually the worst I can remember injury wise, and not only in FB. With only Baron, Calderon, Rip, Biendris and Foye among those I drafted that are done or are/were banged up, I actually feel lucky. B)

When I heard that Danny Granger had a torn tendon I thought there was no way he'd play again this season. Obviously I'm glad I was wrong. B)

Andris Biedrins hasn't played in a while. Damn I miss that double-double, a steal and a block with 2 assists per game center so bad.

:)

Bynum, Granger, Manu, G. Wallace, Kevin Martin

Sheer torture..........Still in second 3 points behind the leader thanks to timely waiver wire pick ups early in the season like brook lopez, eric gordon, and mike conley

Al Jeff, Bynum, Kaman, Bogut, and I wish Garnett but I can't drop him because he's on the can't cut list. That would by my 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks done for the year. I'm actually still in first and hopefully I can hold on in this roto league.

i traded baron davis/greg oden for wade 2 days after the draft. guess i dodged a bullet there! not to mention i got wade.

After this first month or so of the year I sold high on Jason Kidd and bought low on Elton Brand (or so I thought). Brand got injured the day I traded for him. I believe he ended up coming back to play 3 crappy games for me. Meanwhile Kidd is currently ranked #6 overall on the season. Having Chris Kaman miss 50+ games didn't help either.