Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

Tell me how insane I am if I propose this deal (involving Justin Upton)

So I have a man-crush on Justin Upton, like everyone else. And I'm thinking of dealing for him in a dynasty league.

I was thinking I send Liriano and Werth/Burrell (I have an OF glut with Sizemore/Bay/Pence/Ethier) to get Upton, who's value might have dropped slightly after a tiny-sample bad start to get Upton and a lower-tier pitcher (Javier Vazquez? Mayeb Cueto if I'm lucky.)

Now I'm probably getting robbed for this season's play, but I have rather good SP depth (and young arms: Billingsley, Nolasco, Johnson along with minor leaguers coming up such as Cahill) and I think Upton make the leap next year to 30 bombs with a mediocre average, and then pushes it up to fantasy stud after that. If I can get Vazquez, I'm confident he gives me good leverage in K's and he'll win about 14 games or so.

Any help? I'm aiming to do this deal while values aren't set yet.

I personally wouldn't take Liriano and Burrell for Upton in a Dynasty but with his value falling so low and with the danger of him being sent down, most people probably would. I'd try to get him.

I'm thinking about retooling this trade and giving Liriano/Werth for Bruce/Buehrle. Bruce is obviously much better now than Upton, but Buehrle's a downgrade from Vazquez. I might be able to squeeze it through.

I would try and sell high on Ethier for him

Who would be better in the future between Ethier and Werth? I'm saying Ethier, but I don't really know, I can't really project either (Ethier .300 with 25 homers maybe? Werth .270/25/25?)