Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonthefon

Should I veto a trade...

So a deal got accepted in my league (5x5 roto), now pending at:

Chase Utley, Randy Johnson for Rich Harden, Joakim Soria

Now, the owner sending Utley is getting cold feet because he just realized it would leave him down a middle infielder (2B, SS, MI positions). He's probably emailed everyone to help veto the deal. I can see why, but the value is pretty even. He's not getting robbed.

I'm leaning towards not doing so, but thinking about doing it because I guess I feel a little sorry for him (well, I'm hardly an expert either). But that's probably ethically wrong, and it might draw suspicion if he accepts a deal I've proposed to him as a result.

Thoughts?

He definitely is getting robbed, but he did it to himself. I don't think you trade Utley for any pitcher less than Johan or maybe Lincecum. His getting 2 good pitchers, but not good enough to justify trading Utley IMO.

In my league, everyone knows that once you hit the accept button, the deal is done unless both owners agree to undo it.

Yeah, this guy is SoL @ this point. He should've taken more time to think about the deal, since he totally missed that his MI situation would be shot and didn't see that a crime was being committed...

So a deal got accepted in my league (5x5 roto), now pending at:

Chase Utley, Randy Johnson for Rich Harden, Joakim Soria

Now, the owner sending Utley is getting cold feet because he just realized it would leave him down a middle infielder (2B, SS, MI positions). He's probably emailed everyone to help veto the deal. I can see why, but the value is pretty even. He's not getting robbed.

I'm leaning towards not doing so, but thinking about doing it because I guess I feel a little sorry for him (well, I'm hardly an expert either). But that's probably ethically wrong, and it might draw suspicion if he accepts a deal I've proposed to him as a result.

Thoughts?

hate the trade, but no way to stop it now.... did he know soria had arm soreness before he made the deal? still, doesnt really matter....

ive had plenty of deals i wish i could have undone a day after i accepted them, but thats the breaks...

Yeah - no way should he be bailed out by a veto. It was his poor (and by poor I mean godawful, roof shaking, ridiculous) judgment that got him in this mess - he has to accept the consequences.