mbs4

MBS4's Rotoworld Dynasty

Yeah, it's been rough. Seahawks are my other team, both since childhood. Couple years of goodness surrounded by mediocrity and just plain terrible.

Always wanted to be one of those bandwagon fans that liked the winners but just can't do it, thankfully there's fantasy and you can root for whomever you roster.

The Eagles are actually my suprise pick to win the super bowl this year so that might make you happy MMJ. Atlanta could also make a run at the Super Bowl but I dont see them winning it yet.

Some other NFC contenders and their problems:

Gints are totally dependant on the defense and they've done it before. Eli is irractic and doesnt have any proven WR's this time around though.

Cowboys choke every year but relying more on the running game MIGHT help them. What kind of play will they get at DT this year? Baltimore stole their hearts right up the middle late last year.

Cardinals will be good again but that team is one Kurt Warner sack away from missing the playoffs.

The Saints have to prove they can stop the pass and run the rock. I do love their rookie from last year CB Tracy Porter (who got hurt)and Malcom Jenkins is highly touted. A team to watch. Is this team cursed?

Packers new defense will have its problems initially but the talent is very good over the next couple years.

Bears are solid all around but lack proven playmakers at wideout so we'll get to see what kindof magic Cutler's strong arm can conjour up. Also the Bears defense has been hit or miss lately and isnt getting younger.

Panthers are very dangerous with that run game BUT their draft this year was a puzzler and it seems like they didn't really address some pressing needs. Jon Beason is a monster at LBer and covers up some other needs.

Minny on paper looks like the best F'N team of the bunch until you get to QB and then you are just left shaking your head. Rosenfels, Favre(sheesh!), Tavarius the gym rat Jackson, JDB. An embarasment of riches they do NOT have, just an embarassment. Get this team a legit QB and they cruise through the entire playoffs and the SB.

and finally My team, The Rams: just plain Suck! B) LOL.

What is everybody elses take? I didnt double check the list of contenders and i might have missed some1.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl. My top three in the NFC is the Giants, Eagles, and Falcons. I think my surprise pick to win the NFC would be the Packers. They lost alot of close games last year and if they can turn some of those into wins, they will have a real good record next year. Another surprise may be the 49ers, not to make the Super Bowl, but they could sneak into the playoffs with something like a 9-7 record.

It's tough to judge the value of Sanchez and Stafford in this league. Espeacially Sanchez because he only really played one year at USC. Not alot of successful QBs in the league with that little of college experience.

Been a while since Broadway Joe methinks, and it probably is too early if you want to be competitive this year...but this is a dynasty league, draft who you want or you'll never roster them unless you overpay in a trade later.

My friend who plays in the money league I run went to a wedding last week in Florida, said one of the groomsmen just signed as an undrafted free agent with the J-E-T-S (LB or DE, big white guy), anyway he told my friend he played against Sanchez twice in college and he was the best QB he'd ever seen, by far. I almost took him instead of Stafford, but Stafford throws to Calvin and I'm a Lions fan so had to go homer pick there.

I guess, but with the winds at the meadowlands and all that, I have a tough time seeing people put up #s there. Eli is only an average QB at best (fantasy) and it would be crazy, and awesome!, if Sanchez became him.

But yea, I guess you gotta get these dynasty guys early and build for future. How many people here are doing that? It seems like a bunch of people are going young here.

The Sanchez stuff is definitely good for my real team though!

Where are we at in the draft?

Round 6

1 Fallopian Swim Team - WR Vincent Jackson

2 Trailer Park Hose - WR Eddie Royal

3 Team Zawacki - OTC

4 Unemployed Sofa Kings -

5 Lana Turner's Lover -

6 Pack Attack -

7 Hoosier Smurfs -

8 I miss Football

9 TEAM X

10 Ill Will

11 Texas Teabaggers

12 El Iguanodon

Round 6

3 Team Zawacki - OTC

4 Unemployed Sofa Kings -

5 Lana Turner's Lover -

6 Pack Attack -

7 Hoosier Smurfs -

8 I miss Football

9 TEAM X

10 Ill Will

11 Texas Teabaggers

12 El Iguanodon

These are my favorite posts B)

Team Zawacki - My bad, I found Witten.

Zawacki takes Donald Brown (the future of the Colts, sorry whoever drafted fragile Addai B) )

Edited by JaYz618

Not sure why ESPN will not let us see who is still available. Any suggestions what can be done so people can see who is available?

Not sure why ESPN will not let us see who is still available. Any suggestions what can be done so people can see who is available?

Everything is locked while it is in "draft mode". I can make one post over there that will show all picks that have been made so far if that will help you. Or if you'd like I can post a list of players that haven't been drafted and can delete them off the list as they are picked.

Everything is locked while it is in "draft mode". I can make one post over there that will show all picks that have been made so far if that will help you. Or if you'd like I can post a list of players that haven't been drafted and can delete them off the list as they are picked.

If we can just get a thread started with who has been drafted

That would help.

Zawacki takes Donald Brown (the future of the Colts, sorry whoever drafted fragile Addai B) )

I've been stuck with Addai the last two years in my money league. It felt like he left the game early every single week.

USK will take another Colt, Anthony Gonzalez.

Lana is OTC

Edited by mbs4

Another guy I wanted.

Damn. This blowssss

USK will take another Colt, Anthony Gonzalez.

Hard to believe he was still on the board. Apparently I need a good cheatsheat.

Hard to believe he was still on the board. Apparently I need a good cheatsheat.

Agree and disagree.

In my eyes, he's still the #3 behind Clark and Wayne. Who knows how many good years Clark has left though, and what if Gonzo misses the GOOD Peyton years?

Colts are no sure thing in my eyes honestly. Actually, I don't even know why I took Peyton.

Colts are no sure thing in my eyes honestly. Actually, I don't even know why I took Peyton.

Cuz this thing is wide open for 2008. Back him up with a good young QB and you'll be set at that position for the next 7-10 years.

Agree and disagree.

In my eyes, he's still the #3 behind Clark and Wayne. Who knows how many good years Clark has left though, and what if Gonzo misses the GOOD Peyton years?

I know what you mean but I gotta think Peyton still has a few elite years left. I think Gonzo was the best WR left. The others are old like TO or Ocho and there are the rookie WRs available but who knows how they will turn out.

I know what you mean but I gotta think Peyton still has a few elite years left. I think Gonzo was the best WR left. The others are old like TO or Ocho and there are the rookie WRs available but who knows how they will turn out.

Oh I like the pick, so I'm not bashing.

More so playing devil's advocate. I was looking at Gonzo and actually thought he would go sooner. Now is a good time to go for him.

Not so sure what to do with my pick when it comes though. This will really be tricky.

I hate you guys. Lol.

Drafting Romo is turning out to be a HUGE mistake.

I don't think so at all. I had him as a top 5 dynasty Qb's coming into this. I would have got him if Qb's got 6 pts for throwing TD's but I decided to wait it out. IF he was still available when it came to me no doubt I'd have gotten him. I like your pick. Now that TO is gone, I expect the Cowboys to be a really good team, not saying TO is not talented, but I think Romo will be better this year, surprisingly. Jason Witten is a beast and Romo will dominate with him. Just my thoughts. I hope the Cowboys get owned but just too much talent on that team.

I don't think so at all. I had him as a top 5 dynasty Qb's coming into this. I would have got him if Qb's got 6 pts for throwing TD's but I decided to wait it out. IF he was still available when it came to me no doubt I'd have gotten him. I like your pick. Now that TO is gone, I expect the Cowboys to be a really good team, not saying TO is not talented, but I think Romo will be better this year, surprisingly. Jason Witten is a beast and Romo will dominate with him. Just my thoughts. I hope the Cowboys get owned but just too much talent on that team.

I thought one of my wide receiver targets who would fall to me in round 6 because two owners drafted WR-WR first round but I lost that gamble. You guys are savvy as hell. Haha.

Edited by Vanity is my insanity

I thought one of my wide receiver targets who would fall to me in round 6 because two owners drafted WR-WR first round but I lost that gamble. You guys are savvy as hell. Haha.

Who was it?

Lana Turner's Lover selects SEA WR TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Bleh. I've turned into a win-now team.

That's probably not a bad idea with everyone else not wanting to win-now lol. IMO, you have the best threesome of RBs. I really like them.

3 Team Zawacki - Donald Brown

4 Unemployed Sofa Kings - Anthony Gonzalez

5 Lana Turner's Lover - TJ Houshmandzadeh WR

6 Pack Attack - OTC

7 Hoosier Smurfs -

8 I miss Football

9 TEAM X

10 Ill Will

11 Texas Teabaggers

12 El Iguanodon

I should just put this list in my sig so that all of my posts have it lol.