• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

everyone has gathered... shhhhhhhhh

Its like a sighting of big foot, very rare to see Roeth on line, lol

I'm good for yahoo, but can't remember who it was that had an issue moving. Also, 2 years in a row now Kanter has higher picks not because of his team being bad, but because he doesn't set line up

Just interjecting, you guys think that Brock Osweiler has potential to be a starting QB in the NFL?

I mean, I see some upside there, learning under Peyton Manning, as well as Peyton being an injury concern in front of Osweiler. But on the other hand...Curtis Painter never exactly took off, even after learning behind Manning. Neither did Orlovsky.

Not to mention, I read something about Osweiler being John Elways nephew factoring into the reason the Broncos drafted him.

And for a six-foot 8-inch tall guy, I was a bit surprised at watching his highlights. I realize he doesn't exactly want to injure himself, being the QB, but he seems to slide and go down super easily. Figured with his height, he'd be a bit more of a brute force runner.

Still an intriguing pick. I'm not sure of the heights of any super tall QB's. Are there any 6'6" or taller QB's that have had success in the NFL? I could see how being that towering could help see the field better from behind the O-line.

As a 4th round rookie/fa draft pick? I think he has as much potential as anyone else at this point. You're not generally picking blue chip prospects at this point. He has Elway's backing, if Fox let's him practice and learn from Peyton there is potential there. That is all you can ask for at this point in the draft sometimes, especially in a QB league.

Just interjecting, you guys think that Brock Osweiler has potential to be a starting QB in the NFL?

I mean, I see some upside there, learning under Peyton Manning, as well as Peyton being an injury concern in front of Osweiler. But on the other hand...Curtis Painter never exactly took off, even after learning behind Manning. Neither did Orlovsky.

Not to mention, I read something about Osweiler being John Elways nephew factoring into the reason the Broncos drafted him.

And for a six-foot 8-inch tall guy, I was a bit surprised at watching his highlights. I realize he doesn't exactly want to injure himself, being the QB, but he seems to slide and go down super easily. Figured with his height, he'd be a bit more of a brute force runner.

Still an intriguing pick. I'm not sure of the heights of any super tall QB's. Are there any 6'6" or taller QB's that have had success in the NFL? I could see how being that towering could help see the field better from behind the O-line.

As a 4th round rookie/fa draft pick? I think he has as much potential as anyone else at this point. You're not generally picking blue chip prospects at this point. He has Elway's backing, if Fox let's him practice and learn from Peyton there is potential there. That is all you can ask for at this point in the draft sometimes, especially in a QB league.

Heh, I was asking in terms of prospect QB's in general. His situation seems ideal, and his physical size doesn't leave anything to be desired. I just have no experience grading QB prospects, thus the question. I watch pretty much no college football.

Terrell Pryor is the other 6'6" QB that comes to mind, and I've only heard lots of downside complaints about him.

Here is a write up by Matt Waldman on him

Osweiler has the backing of John Elway and the model of

Peyton Manning to follow in Denver. If he can't develop

into a good quarterback in this situation then there's a few

things to consider: Elway bit off more than he can chew

with Osweiler, who has a lot of footwork issues to unknot;

the Denver organization doesn't give Osweiler enough

opportunities to work in practice; or Osweiler doesn't

work hard enough or lacks the aptitude to develop. I'm

betting on points one or three if he fails. He's worth a

wait‐and‐see stash.

• Like 1

Fourth Round

1 Trailer Park Hose - Ed Dickson

2 Southern Steeler - Ryan Lindley dropping - Josh Johnson

3 Purple People Eaters - Danny Amendola, dropping Jacoby Jones

4 I miss Football - Marvin Jones, WR CIncy

5 Southern Steeler - Vick Ballard , RB IND - Dropping Ware

6 Carolina Blues - Joe Adams, WR CAR - Dropping Kahlil Bell

7 El Iguanodon - Tommy Streeter, WR BAL - Dropping Taylor Price

8 I Can Has Roethlisberger? - Brock Osweiler, QB DEN

9 Pack Attack - Chad Henne QB JAC (dropping Tarvaris Jackson)

10 Trailer Park Hose - OTC

11 Pack Attack

12 Ill Will

• Like 1

4.10 TPH selects Dwayne Allen, TE colts already dropped a scrub for him. On phone, if some one could pm msb4 plz....

Fourth Round

1 Trailer Park Hose - Ed Dickson

2 Southern Steeler - Ryan Lindley dropping - Josh Johnson

3 Purple People Eaters - Danny Amendola, dropping Jacoby Jones

4 I miss Football - Marvin Jones, WR CIncy

5 Southern Steeler - Vick Ballard , RB IND - Dropping Ware

6 Carolina Blues - Joe Adams, WR CAR - Dropping Kahlil Bell

7 El Iguanodon - Tommy Streeter, WR BAL - Dropping Taylor Price

8 I Can Has Roethlisberger? - Brock Osweiler, QB DEN

9 Pack Attack - Chad Henne QB JAC (dropping Tarvaris Jackson)

10 Trailer Park Hose - Dwayne Allen TE IND

11 Pack Attack - Davone Bess WR MIA (dropping Devin Hester)

12 Ill Will - OTC

Edited by sportsguy21792

And with the completion of the rookie draft...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/292898-prestige-worldwide-dynasty-football/

I need the people who joined to PM their email address or post here so I can send the invite to the yahoo league. I tried looking on the espn league but it just has our names in place of where the email address is. Once you've joined if you wanna make sure the settings/rules look correct and nothing crazy is wrong that would be helpful. I believe it should be good to go though.

• Like 1

How about I finalize the rosters Sunday night and players will go on waivers for the first few days of next week? Any issues with that?

That works for me. I go on vacation the following week, so that will give me a chance to see the waivers go through.

cheers

Are we still doing this tonight or are you going to open up the players for the teams to pick up?

No worries, I am just watching the crazy draft going on in Movieman's league and remembered this was going to happen.

cheers

Edited by southernSteeler

Sorry guys. I wasn't able to finalize the teams over the weekend but I will get to it tonight. I'll post here and on the espn page and send a league email when waivers open. Don't forget everyone still available will go on waivers for a few days before the free for all so everyone still has a chance at the free agents.

• Like 2

An update on the draft, I'm waiting on Roeth to drop someone so I can complete his team. He is at 26 right now.

Also there were two players drafted that ESPN does not have listed yet. They are Juron Criner and Tommy Streeter so PPE and Iguan both will have an empty spot until ESPN adds them. If either of you want to make an add, please drop someone to keep that spot open. If you add someone without dropping someone, I just won't add Juron Criner/Tommy Streeter to your team.

Texted Roeth, he's dropping someone now. Also, that doesn't sound like I drafted a good player if espn doesn't even have them listed lol

Edit- Roeth can't drop anyone, I tried looking as well and I can't either on my team. When you go to drop a player it's just a blank roster.

Edited by megamoviejohn

Brock Osweiler is on Roth's team, nobody pick him up. He needs to drop his guy before Osweiler can be added but we had to finalize the draft results as is to get to that point.

OK, got the waiver order set to reverse original draft order. Everybody is on waivers until Friday it appears, but I'm not sure what time zone or time that goes off.

Players listed as available that aren't (so don't pick them up):

Brock Osweiler

Roth, when you drop Smith, let me know and I'll try to manually put Osweiler on your roster pre-waivers clearing.

Post any issues here, I did this while on a consulting conference call. :o

When entering the draft results you could have removed a player from Roeth's team but that's ok. Thanks for completing that. Also who did roeth want to drop? Just so we're clear.

I'm guessing Alphonso smith but I don't know where that was posted.

He texted it to Mega who PM'd it to me. Yes, Alphonso Smith. I tried to drop him but since he was all greyed out, it wouldn't let me remove him.