mbs4

MBS4's Rotoworld Dynasty

Anyone interested in a dynasty startup? Probably won't start until Monday because of Hurricane Irene hitting the east coast.

Thinking 12-team, non-ppr, non-idp, 21-player roster. 6-point all TDs, decimal scoring, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

Please reach me at maguffin01@hotmail.com, if you want to join or have a friend who plays dynasty who's interested.

Thanks.

Great run.

Here's one tweet from Bay Area reporter on Denarius Moore:

Denarius Moore fields punt, puts move on Chimdi Chekwa. Chekwa falls on backside, Moore off to races. Mama, mama, there goes that man again.

shhh...got lots of big money league drafts this week, hoping to grab him in all 3. Then we can talk about how amazing he looks.

shhh...got lots of big money league drafts this week, hoping to grab him in all 3. Then we can talk about how amazing he looks.

You're grabbing D Moore in redrafts?

You're grabbing D Moore in redrafts?

Round 16 B)

Some of my drafts are hybrid keeper, where round 12 is this year +1, round 13 this year +2, through round 16 +5.

Ill Will posted on the espn boards:

"We don't have divisions or conferences etc. We are a decently established league going into what our 4rth? year? We should divy things up so that there are two main divisions/ conferences/ whatever ppl prefer to call them so we have division winners and chases etc.

I think it would make if more fun and come to think of it about every FF league ive ever been a part of had this setup.

Since it isnt a rules change that directly affects our games we could sumbit a list of suggestions and vote for our favorite ones and start using them ASAP.

Playoff seeding etc would still be basically record based for this season but itd be something cool to look at.

What do you guys think?"

I wanted to make sure everybody saw this. I am okay with making divisions as well, this is the only league besides another 1 I'm in where there are no divisions.

I'm up for anything, sounds like a good idea as my other two leagues consist of three divisions of four teams.

Good luck this week guys!

I like what you've done with your squad. Quite a few RB's could be starters if an injury occurs.

Ill Will posted on the espn boards again and I'll post it here since I think it gets more views.

Tom Brady and the QB Position

Posted: Sep 13, 1:07 PM

The fact that he only scored 34pts in this league is a travesty. One of the best QB performances in MNF HISTORY, hell, QB history period! and he only outscored Steve Smith by a measly 5 points. Couple things offhand:

1. I dont like Tom Brady, cant stand the pats in real life,

2. I dont own him in this or any league BUT

this ancient way of scoring QBs on this penalty pts setup is completely opposite to what the whole NFL concept is about. In the NFL now if more than ever before teams are built around QBs and in this league we penalize them. For What??? To artificially inflate RUNNING BACKS values??? That's preposterous and shows a 1960s-1985ish era flawed thinking. Running backs are one of the least valued positions in the NFL in the common era and yet in many of these old style scoring leagues we hold fast to these antiquated ways of scoring and value handful of running backs twice as much as we do the elite QBs. Why again??? No good reason..

Im more than familiar with the arguement that if you change the way u score the QB than you devaluate them with regards to each other, and I'M FINE WITH THAT. The current system minimizes their OVERALL impact on the scoring and it devaluates the entire position artificially. Obviously FF is built around Offensive side of the ball and their are arguments for defensive scoring etc, but there are IDP leagues for that.

Overall the position of QB, in any offensively structured FF league needs to be INflated if anything to at LEAST a position of equal importance on par with RB's and not be relegated to this degrading booger-eating, glass-licking, slobering mongoloid role that QBs are now enduring.

A guy has a night like Tom "dance hall" Brady had then that bad muthatrucka deserves at LEAST 50pts'ish which would nearly garauntee the win, much like in real life where 90% of the time your team is only as good as its QB.

Thankfully we have generally a bunch of great owners in this league who are usually right on point with off-season rule changes etc. Anyway something

Then posted...

Who had a better day Kenny Britt or Aaron Rogers?

In our League? Kenny Brat.

How about Cedric Benson or Jay Cutler?

Our League? Ced the EnterJailer.

Scott Chandler TE (63yds 2tds) or Phillip Rivers who threw for 2 TDs and 335 yds and 2 picks?

Our League? You'd want Scott Chandler...

LeSean McCoy (122yds 1td) or Matt Stafford(305yds 3tds 1int)

Our league McCoy by 3 points...

Crazy talk my friends..

10000000% agreed. I was AMAZED when I looked last night and Roeth hadn't murdered me. He has BOTH welker and brady and brady only had 6 more points than welker!

This needs to be fixed. I EXPECTED Brady to have around 45 points or more.

As of now, we need to fix the scoring system somehow, possibly bonuses for yards or something? I don't know but we can figure that out... also as you stated, we need to do something about divisions for next season.

Also possibly discuss if we are set at standard league or move into ppr even if its just a slight bump? I remember we discussed this last year before season began but we haven't touched on it in a while.

10000000% agreed. I was AMAZED when I looked last night and Roeth hadn't murdered me. He has BOTH welker and brady and brady only had 6 more points than welker!

This needs to be fixed. I EXPECTED Brady to have around 45 points or more.

As of now, we need to fix the scoring system somehow, possibly bonuses for yards or something? I don't know but we can figure that out... also as you stated, we need to do something about divisions for next season.

Also possibly discuss if we are set at standard league or move into ppr even if its just a slight bump? I remember we discussed this last year before season began but we haven't touched on it in a while.

We can definitely vote on QB scoring changes but PPR may be too big of a change.

Jamaal Charles, my favorite RB in football. I'll miss watching you and watching you score points for my fantasy teams. Epic sad face.

Jamaal Charles, my favorite RB in football. I'll miss watching you and watching you score points for my fantasy teams. Epic sad face.

Your team is still nasty. I lost Miles, Hernandez, and Royal this week after Moreno last week, I'm getting thin.

Your team is still nasty. I lost Miles, Hernandez, and Royal this week after Moreno last week, I'm getting thin.

mother f Jordan Shipley tore his ACL too. I'm gonna go ahead and throw out another option for future seasons...possible IR for players? I have never used such a thing in a league before but just throwing that out there.

Also, I'm sorry about your team and injuries B) I drafted Charles and Austin in most of my re-draft leagues so I'm really screwed lol

We can definitely vote on QB scoring changes but PPR may be too big of a change.

We wouldn't have to go a full "point" per reception. At least, if ESPN allows for a .5 point per reception, that might be an option?

On the IR issue, we would need to make the rules of how to use the IR position very clear so everyone knows what it is for.

Wanted to thank you guys again for inviting me into the league, I know my team sucks at this point, but the experience has helped me in a start up league and another league where I took over an abandoned team. Hopefully I will continue to learn and become competitive soon.

cheers

Edited by southernSteeler