Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MNDOGG

Charlie V 2009-2010

Ha! Well if I drop him I drop him. But sounds like you cats drafted him and are a bit sore about it lol. I picked him off the wire dropping Travis Outlaw.

In my case I think I'll take the risk.

(and there's nothing wrong with supporting and having hope for your home team's players btw)

Ha! Well if I drop him I drop him. But sounds like you cats drafted him and are a bit sore about it lol. I picked him off the wire dropping Travis Outlaw.

In my case I think I'll take the risk.

(and there's nothing wrong with supporting and having hope for your home team's players btw)

B)

Drafted him...dropped him...picked him up....dropped him.

I see where you are coming from with your logic but for me it's been there done that.

i dropped him and someone else in my league picked him up. and it makes me feel good knowing he had another bad game last night.

it's verification that i made the right move.

Yesterday game was a good game for a WW pick up......

I don't think he should of been dropped.

and no tos

It was like the scene in the cheesy sports movies where the coach is like:

"Detroit is a proud team, we will not go down like this! We will do this for the city of Detroit, for our pride, FOR OUR FREEDOM!!"

Charlie V charges the court in a roar and scores 30 pts, 15 rebs, 4 stls, 5 blks.

Yesterday game was a good game for a WW pick up......

I don't think he should of been dropped.

Dbo, it's all relative. you're near the top of the league, i'm near the bottom of the league. he wasn't doing anything productive for my team's needs.

plus there were better WW pickups. basically dropped Charlie for Tayshaun Prince. and i'm very happy about that.

Dbo, it's all relative. you're near the top of the league, i'm near the bottom of the league. he wasn't doing anything productive for my team's needs.

plus there were better WW pickups. basically dropped Charlie for Tayshaun Prince. and i'm very happy about that.

No, Charlie has more value then prince.

Moves like that is why you are on the bottom.

I agree that Charlie has been a disappointment this year, but his value has still be 11th round value, which is better then prince.

im still holding onto him for now. He gave me 4 blocks/3 steals/4 3's this weeks so far. Im playing against somone who owns al jefferson and just comparing the stat lines they are both about the same in terms of pts but charlie is doing better in every other category besides rebounds.

See this is where you let your emotions get the better of you. You disappointed in Charlie, you had higher expectations from him. That why his stat line bothers you and think waiver wire pick up may be better while putting up the same lines or even worse lines.

This is how something like BBM will tell you how well he actually playing and not just going off a feeling.

See this is where you let your emotions get the better of you. You disappointed in Charlie, you had higher expectations from him. That why his stat line bothers you and think waiver wire pick up may be better while putting up the same lines or even worse lines.

This is how something like BBM will tell you how well he actually playing and not just going off a feeling.

you're out of your mind, bro.

sorry, i cannot agree with anything you're saying lately. you keep over-simplifying everything.

don't try to teach me how to play this game. i've been playing this game for over 10 years. i know what i'm doing.

don't forget, at the start of the season, right after out draft you were very unhappy with your team and you wanted to make tons of trades including trading Carmelo Anthony. then a month into it, you changed your tune. so, don't act like you're an expert.

Get em TR! B)

sorry, i cannot agree with anything you're saying lately. you keep over-simplifying everything.

don't try to teach me how to play this game. i've been playing this game for over 10 years. i know what i'm doing.

don't forget, at the start of the season, right after out draft you were very unhappy with your team and you wanted to make tons of trades including trading Carmelo Anthony. then a month into it, you changed your tune. so, don't act like you're an expert.

Denbo the big know it all huh? You manage your team and I'll manage mine. I appreciate your input but your opinion is not gold.

It is that simple, one player has more overall value. Just like Nene has more overall value then Haywood.

That true I didn't like my team and I was willing to make trades. I was fully willing to trade Melo. But no one wanted to trade so not my problem. just because I wanted to make trades doesn't mean I was going to give players away for free. I wanted to trade Melo for Nene, yes Melo had a better year, but it wasn't far off. Heck if you account for games played Nene is worth more so far.

Denbo the big no it all huh? You manage your team and I'll manage mine. I appreciate your input but your opinion is not gold.

No, my opinion isn't, but math is. If you want to dispute computers that crunch numbers on players worth and just say player X is better then player Y. When pretty much numbers show which has put up better number so be it.

The difference from Charlie and Prince is very minor.

But the idea that his last game was a bad game is pretty much a silly thought.

2 3's 2 steals 1 block 8 points 2 rebounds 1 assists and 0 to on 50% shooting is a productive day for any waiver wire pick up.

No, my opinion isn't, but math is. If you want to dispute computers that crunch numbers on players worth and just say player X is better then player Y. When pretty much numbers show which has put up better number so be it.

The difference from Charlie and Prince is very minor.

But the idea that his last game was a bad game is pretty much a silly thought.

2 3's 2 steals 1 block 8 points 2 rebounds 1 assists and 0 to on 50% shooting is a productive day for any waiver wire pick up.

Who cares about his last game and more importantly who cares about Prince.

I don't value players game by game. He's been an extremely inconsistent player and I don't want that on my team. He has good games followed by goose eggs which sucks in a league where we change players daily. So I don't need that on my squad. So put that in your geek calculator and let me know what it spits out.

are you really going to argue like this over a guy who's a waiver wire pickup at this point?

Statistical information will only take you so far and you can only guess so many trends. The rest is luck and good trading.

Congrats. You're good guessers and you can read. Woohoo B) It's fantasy basketball and people are allowed to have different opinions and strategies.

one man's trash is another man's treasure.

from my perspective, Charlie V has become trash.

Tayshaun Prince has become treasure.

if someone else wants to have Charlie V on their roster, be my guest.

i could care less what his BBM value is.

all i need to study is what has he done for me lately. and what are the most likely trends for him from here on out.

with only 1 and a half months of the season left, i'm going with the hot hand.

are you really going to argue like this over a guy who's a waiver wire pickup at this point?

Statistical information will only take you so far and you can only guess so many trends. The rest is luck and good trading.

Congrats. You're good guessers and you can read. Woohoo B) It's fantasy basketball and people are allowed to have different opinions and strategies.

It's not even about Charlie V, I just found this comment extremely obnoxious:

No, Charlie has more value then prince.

Moves like that is why you are on the bottom.

I agree that Charlie has been a disappointment this year, but his value has still be 11th round value, which is better then prince.

The guy has a team he didn't even want and got lucky that it worked and now he's a fantasy basketball expert. That comment wasn't even directed to me it was to TR.

that's fair. I guess I didn't read close enough to realize it was interleague smack talk

I think ANYone who thinks themselves a fantasy expert is kinda silly. Not that I have any opinion on the above matter.

It's not even about Charlie V, I just found this comment extremely obnoxious:

The guy has a team he didn't even want and got lucky that it worked and now he's a fantasy basketball expert. That comment wasn't even directed to me it was to TR.

what does it matter if I liked my team or not when I drafted. I took the best players on the board at the time and I wanted to shake things up before the season started.

is that worse then the person who loves his team at the draft and it ended up with half a team of busts?

it wasn't luck, yea I had some with melo playing well, and bogut not really being hurt.

the whole thing about me not liking my team at the start was mostly me having 3 pretty injury prone centers.(Duncan, Bogut, J. Oneal) the shake up I wanted at the start was just to trade a scorer for a big guy as I overloaded on scorers. Now it worked out that my scoring overload go settled when Redd decideed to die, and turk decided to be a role player.

call it luck if you really want but people thought I made mistakes drafting many low ceiling players leaving players with the upside on the board such as charlie.

Hell look at the

I never claim to be an expert, I just prettty much use a draft list plus BBM. But when peopke start people value are this and that and I don't agree because BBM Tells me who has more value.

Tr and I have had debates on the value of BBM all season long, stuff like Kaman is as valuable as Duncan or Harrington and JR smith for Billups. Or any spin he try to make how his player is orth more then mine and I keep pointing to BBM and he discounts it.

THat the point I was making. BBM lesd me to the top and his rankings lead his team to the bottom.

Okay, fellas....time to steer back onto Charlie Villaneuva.

Thanks!

I never claim to be an expert, I just prettty much use a draft list plus BBM. But when peopke start people value are this and that and I don't agree because BBM Tells me who has more value.

Tr and I have had debates on the value of BBM all season long, stuff like Kaman is as valuable as Duncan or Harrington and JR smith for Billups. Or any spin he try to make how his player is orth more then mine and I keep pointing to BBM and he discounts it.

THat the point I was making. BBM lesd me to the top and his rankings lead his team to the bottom.

you're crazy, dog.

you really don't get it.

it's not about BBM. i never use BBM, and i still win leagues. in fact i'm in 2nd place in my other league right now, and i'm on my way to overtaking the top spot, when it's all said and done.

you said it yourself about Charlie V. you said people thought you were crazy for passing on Charlie V in the draft.

and guess what, I picked charlie v because i too thought Charlie V was gonna have a solid year. turns out, he didn't have a good year. i owned the guy the whole year. and if anyone knows exactly why he had a bad year are those people who own him. not people who don't own him, who are just looking at him from the outside.

the reason why Charlie V hasn't produced this season is mainly because he hasn't been getting enough playing time, brother. and that's something that the Coach is in charge of. but also Charlie has had a couple injuries along the way too.

so, you can't just simplify things by saying "oh Charlie V just ain't that good".

Charlie V has been pretty good throughout his career. this season just happens to be one of his worst.

and in regards to Chris Kaman vs Tim Duncan. I value Chris Kaman more than Tim Duncan. i don't care what BBM thinks.

and CHarlie & B.Gordon for Billups... yeah, that was a try. but it was worth a try to see if i could sucker you into that.

You belong in a looney bin. Are you out of you mind brother? Kaman is having a career season and even in this a career year his numbers are not as good as TD's. On top of that Kaman has been a massive injury risk for the last 3 years. Duncan continues to be the epitome of Durability. Even if all things were equal between Kaman and TD (which they are not) you should cash in Kaman to eliminate the injury risk that comes with him..........Tisk tisk tisk.......

and in regards to Chris Kaman vs Tim Duncan. I value Chris Kaman more than Tim Duncan. i don't care what BBM thinks.

and CHarlie & B.Gordon for Billups... yeah, that was a try. but it was worth a try to see if i could sucker you into that.