Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B.J.

Big trade offer

I was offered his Thomas Jones, Hines Ward and Donnie Avery for my Matt Forte, Roddy White and Denver D. I'm not so keen on giving up White and the Denver D but Forte has been terrible and Jones is in a great situation in a run first offense behind a solid line. I will post his roster below. My roster is in my sig.

Qb- Rodgers, Hasselback

WR- Jennings, R. Williams, Ward, Avery, M. Wallace, M. Floyd

RB- T. Jones, B. Jacobs, L. McCoy, Hightower, F. Jones

TE- Carlson, Finley

K- Longwell

Def- Pitt

I should mention he is currently in 1st place and is my week 8 opponent. The trade weakens me a bit for Week 8 because Forte is playing CLE but Jones has been the far superior back this season. What does the RW tribe think of this trade. Leave a link.

I also just realized the Jets have their bye next week but the rest of their matchups aren't too bad whereas Forte's got a tough playoff schedule. I'm currently 3-4 ( in 7th place but have the 3rd most total points) and easily should be 5-2 but lost my last two weeks by a combined 7 points.

Well personally I wouldn't do this trade. Jones is good but I think you lose to much in White and Denver D. With Jones I honestly believe after a couple of weeks it will be a 50/50 share with Greene, he is just too beastly. Greene is a younger Jacobs.

Also on Forte I think hes about to turn it around. His play off schedule isnt really that bad when you break it down. Hes going against Min, Bal, and GB. Over the past 3 weeks Min and Bal are the 11th and 15 worse rush D in the NFL. I understand that GB is ranked the best rush D, but against who? The Browns and the Lions.

Jones plays off schedule is Tam, Atl, and Ind. Past 3 weeks Atl and Ind are in the top 9 rush defense. Tam is in the 5 worse.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much, all I'm saying is that if youre mostly looking to do this trade because of the Forte / Jones switch I wouldn't do it. Fortes play off schedule isnt so bad and hes bound to turn it around.

Hope this help, I havent had my coffee yet.

I break it down this way:

Forte < Jones

White > Ward

Denver > Avery

I would look for another way to package a Forte deal. If you exchanged White for Boldin, then you would be closer to fair, imo. Giving up White and Denver for such a measly return is just not gonna work, imo.

Thanks for your help with mine.

BJ, how many teams make the playoffs in your league? If it's 6, and you don't think you can beat him this week if you make this trade, then don't do it. Ward is on a bye, and Jones' matchup with MIA will be tough (he scored on two short TD's last time set up by a reversed TD at the one and a long pass interference call to the three, yardage otherwise was pretty shoddy). If it's 8, or you think you can win this week anyway, I really like this trade. Forte's playoff schedule, IMO, is murder and TJ's is sweet. Plus Atlanta plays almost all top 10 pass D's going forward and Pittsburgh is the new Arizona, passing wise. Additionally, CHI D should be just fine for you down the stretch. For the record, I'd rather have Boldin going forward than White as well, so I wouldn't move him. His playoff schedule is unreal.

Thanks for the help on mine, standing pat and seeing what shakes out.

Should I try to counter? If I did I'd like to try and get Greg Jennings instead of Hines Ward. I think he's due for a breakout really soon.

It's very possible you are giving up the best 2 players in the deal, so on those grounds alone I would counter. Try not to involve forte. Maybe try the WR part without the RB part

This is a tough one. I say stand pat. You are good at WR so if anything counter with Forte and Bryant for Jones and work up from there. Maybe even target Jacobs. He is an upgrade over Forte, IMO.

Thanks for helping mine!

Should I try to counter? If I did I'd like to try and get Greg Jennings instead of Hines Ward. I think he's due for a breakout really soon.

If you think you can get Jennings instead of Ward, go for it. I actually like Ward better going forward, PIT is going to pass & pass some more and while GB's air attack should remain potent, the OLine needs to improve before Rodgers gets time to deliver downfield to Jennings.

I like the trade either way.

I'm gonna agree with everyone else and say that you're giving up too much. If you want to upgrade Forte than I would target another back. I would leave Roddy White out of any trade you make unless you are getting a top 5 back. I think if they swap Ward for Jennings that it is closer to fair. I'm also not a fan of sending away the Denver D. I don't know, I just think that this trade could weaken you.

Thanks for the help.

I wouldn't make this trade for many of the same reasons already given. Boldin instead of Ward would make it a tougher decision for me.