Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newby

Trying to upgrade RBs

This trade is for my CBS league where I am pretty stacked at WR but hurting a bit at RB thanks to Westbrook. I am thinking of trying to package Austin or MSW with Moreno for a true RB1 like Rice or CJ. However, as I thought more about doing this, i began to think that maybe this is not necessary. I am sitting at 5-2 right now and if Moreno continues to be the #1 back in Denver, I think my team should be OK. My only issue is that I will have a quality WR sitting on my bench every week which is a complete waste. I think the weakest part of my team is TE so would I be better off trying to trade Austin or MSW straight up for an elite TE like Gates or Clark?

Please let me know what you think and I will definitely help in return.

I am thinking about a 2 for 1 deal. Maybe Westbrook and MSW for Ray Rice or Slaton or Austin and Westrbrook. I think you are solid with Brown, Moreno, another RB, then AJ3000 and Roddy White.

Then again, if it ain't broke don't fix it...

i don't see enough value in moreno and miles austin to make a trade for any rb1.. if i'm sitting on ray rice or chris johnson, and i need a wr2 or 3 then maybe i'd consider it, but even when moreno is the starting back in denver he's splitting carries 50/50 with buckhalter. i would keep moreno and use him in the flex, and deal miles autin while he's hot for a dallas clark, or gates

This trade is for my CBS league where I am pretty stacked at WR but hurting a bit at RB thanks to Westbrook. I am thinking of trying to package Austin or MSW with Moreno for a true RB1 like Rice or CJ. However, as I thought more about doing this, i began to think that maybe this is not necessary. I am sitting at 5-2 right now and if Moreno continues to be the #1 back in Denver, I think my team should be OK. My only issue is that I will have a quality WR sitting on my bench every week which is a complete waste. I think the weakest part of my team is TE so would I be better off trying to trade Austin or MSW straight up for an elite TE like Gates or Clark?

Please let me know what you think and I will definitely help in return.

Since its actually a flex postion I think your good, you can just play 3RBs if you go ahead with the trade for another RB and Westbrook returns later. In standard leagues you pretty always want to have a RB in Flex. If someone has a good backup TE I would try to them cheap. TE deals appear difficult to get done. I had to cut Celek from two leagues because I hand D Clark in front of him and and had bye needs and in the other case Austin was on the wire. I had no luck trying to move him.

There is a big risk in dealing M Austin, while he has came out of nowheres to put up two huge games I watched the last one and he looks like the real deal. I picked up MSW, S Smith, Manningham, and Nicks early off waivers and they are all generally paying off. I saw Mclin as fluke, D Jackson exploded the previous game the entire secondary was rolling his way, which couldn't continue. While Austin can't keep up at this pace, I would consider him worth a WR2/3, he is the starter now, and appears to be most talented reciever on a pretty effective passing team, that generally makes you a WR1 or WR2 in FF.

Trading quantity for quality will always behoove you, trade the 2for1 but shoot higher than ray rice

I would try Austin/Westbrook or Moreno for an RB1. Target Rice, Gore, or CJ. I think Austin will be very good but coming off back to back huge games would be the best time to sell him. Don't be desperate to make a trade, though, because your RB are not that bad. I think you should be fine with your RB's and having one of Austin or MSW in the flex. I wouldn't move anybody of value for a TE. Maybe try Berrian to a team that has 2 good TE's.

please help http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=157511

I have been offered Barber and Owen Daniels for RWhite and Moreno. I believe Barber is an upgrade over Moreno and Daniels upgrades my TE big time while still leaving me Johnson, Austin, and MSW at receiver. Should I accept this trade?