Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timr100

Keeper help.

My long-time redraft league is transitioning to a keeper league, and so this year for the first time we are keeping three players. If anyone feels like taking a look at my signature and making some suggestions, that would be helpful. I guess since Welker's injury I'm leaning towards keeping AJ, Matt Ryan, and Beanie Wells, but definitely not sure about anyone but AJ.

WHIR, team in sig.

Keep AJ , Beanie , Ryan & Palmer is a toss up. I'd lean towards Palmer for QB keeper.

Yeah AJ and beanie. Maybe Felix too or Greg Jennings

aj,wells,jennings

aj,wells,jennings

I like these three. Even if healthy, Welker isn't really much better than Jennings in a non-PPR. If Jennings' TDs bounce back, he's clearly better. Neither of those QBs is so great that I'd worry about keeping them. At least one (if not both) will be there to re-draft. And whose to say someone like Henne doesn't out-play both of them next season?

Andre Johnson , Beanie Wells , Carson Palmer for my picks still.

Andre Johnson , Beanie Wells , Carson Palmer for my picks still.

Palmer? he's not a keeper, definitely not even a fantasy option

Agreed. He barely had 3000 yards and 20 TDs. In my league he was the #17 QB. You DON'T keep that unless you start 2 QBs. And maybe not even then.

Yeah, Palmer was very mediocre and I don't see why he would improve next season; seems like their new run-heavy offense works for them and the Bengals will stick with it next year.

I'm only thinking of keeping Ryan because he's still young and could perhaps improve. If he merely replicates this season's performance next year it probably won't be worth it.

Maybe I shold mention I have Owen Daniels on IR too but between the injury and the fact that he's a TE I hadn't considered keeping him.

With just three keepers, it's better to let Daniels go back. I'm keeping him, but I will have as many as eight keeper spots to work with. That's an entirely different ball game.

Sure he is, as a keeper & fantasty QOption . I'm pretty sure people in keeper leagues have him as one of their QB's on their teams/squads.

Sure he is, as a keeper & fantasty QOption . I'm pretty sure people in keeper leagues have him as one of their QB's on their teams/squads.

Palmer is a free agent in 5 out of 6 leagues that I am in. All money leagues and all reward 6 points for td's and are yardage leagues too. He's not even usable.

Palmer is a free agent in 5 out of 6 leagues that I am in. All money leagues and all reward 6 points for td's and are yardage leagues too. He's not even usable.

This is what I'm saying. Forget his performance in my league specifically. In the NFL this season, he was 18th in yards and 15th in TDs. Unless you are playing with two QBs, he's not even startable. There's a difference between winning (which he did do) and being fantasy relevant. Just ask Troy Aikman.

Odd that Palmer would be a FA in 5 outta 6 leagues. He should be kept IMO. But i guess some people just don't like or trust him as one of their QB's on the team they own.

Felix Jones is looking mighty good these days. What do you think the chances are that he's the main RB in Dallas next season?

Felix Jones is looking mighty good these days. What do you think the chances are that he's the main RB in Dallas next season?

Well, if Leinart is the QB in AZ next season, there will be very little effective passing. That would certainly negatively effect Wells. Maybe in that case, Felix would be worth roling the dice on. You know Jerry Jones wants him involved.

Thanks for answering mine!

Felix is far more explosive as a runner and the better homerun hitter than Barber. Perhaps Jones will have a bigger role in Dallas's run game next year.