Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bandito

Shopping for a WR via trade

In-season trades did wonders for my backfield, but depleted my receivers. We are finally making TE mandatory next year, so a few guys are looking for upgrades. We have one week after the actual Superbowl for free agency and trades before shutting down for the off-season,

I am planning on keeping Rodgers, CJ, MJD, Charles, Moreno, Jennings, Witten and Daniels.

It is possible I could turn Witten into one of Ochocinco, Hines Ward or Jeremy Maclin. Ward would be the most likely. That would leave me with Daniels, which obviously has big risk (with big upside). Finley is a FA and I may be able to nab him as insurance, but it's not guaranteed I'll get him.

I'm also trying to package Moreno and LT for a WR, or the two of them with Witten for an elite WR. So far, no luck. There is a small chance the guy with Holmes may bite on some deal.

SO.....would you move Witten for one of the three receivers above? If so, which?

Boy, the season ends and so does the traffic here!

What about Vincent Jackson? He may be gettable.

I'd take Vincent Jackson over all of those other guys.

After that, Maclin. If Desean Jackson's progression is any indication, Maclin will be in for a good season next year.

I'd move Witten for Vjax. Work your magic and pry away Vincent from his owner.

What about Steve Smith (NYG)? Do we expect him to continue to be a PPR beast? His owner already has Moss and Fitz, with a backfield consisting of Addai and little else. If Eli is going to keep looking his way 150+ times a year, he could be nice. Think he's for real long-term?

What about Steve Smith (NYG)? Do we expect him to continue to be a PPR beast? His owner already has Moss and Fitz, with a backfield consisting of Addai and little else. If Eli is going to keep looking his way 150+ times a year, he could be nice. Think he's for real long-term?

steve smith would be solid but if u can get vincent jackson i would definately try to get him

Thanks for helping with mine. I'd try for V-Jax. I don't think I'd move Witten for any of those other guys.

I'd rather have Vjax over Steve Smith (NYG) Vincent has the better QB throwing to him and Rivers has the higher upside too over Eli IMO.

I agree with the above poster. Vincent Jackson is on the better team and has the better QB. Of the three you listed I like Maclin the best, young impressive player who plays on an offense that throws a ton. If you could get Finley off of FA, forget about an insurance policy he could start for you, he may be the most athletic TE in the NFL. If you land Finely you should move both Witten and Daniels.

I agree with the above poster. Vincent Jackson is on the better team and has the better QB. Of the three you listed I like Maclin the best, young impressive player who plays on an offense that throws a ton. If you could get Finley off of FA, forget about an insurance policy he could start for you, he may be the most athletic TE in the NFL. If you land Finely you should move both Witten and Daniels.

Agree with all of this.

agreed with all that has been said. Vjax is the only "deal" here. Witten is a special talent. Youll do better to keep him unless you can get vjax. You are better to sit on the 2 tight ends, and be short a wr heading into the season. 1 or 2 wrs short isnt going to be a hard hard plug, youve got core strength EVERYWHERE else and are probably TOO strong at RB and TE. Id sit on your team unless someone comes up large with an offer for no-sean, who I see as the best trading chip on your team (cause I aint big on him). I dont think Daniels is healthy enough to lean on. If you trade witten you might just find yourself needing a TE which is worse than your current problem. Stay put and let the deal come to you. UNLESS you can get Vjax or better. THAT is full value and looks like a trade.