Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bandito

Trade strategy

I have a trade pending which should give me a keeper pool of Rodgers, CJ, MJD, Charles, VJax, Jennings, Finley and one of Daniels or Witten. I am efforting a trade of Witten for a draft pick as I will not have a pick until round three.

Should I try to avoid putting him on a better team, or just take whatever pick I can get? We are just making TE mandatory for the first time this coming season, so there are some teams with no TE currently. But two of them are two of the top three teams in the league. So I hate strengthening them. But if I don't get a deal done, I'll probably end up cutting Witten anyway and get nothing in return. I guess the upside there would be that he would almost certainly be drafted before either of them pick.

Just curious what your thoughts were, strategy-wise.

I have a trade pending which should give me a keeper pool of Rodgers, CJ, MJD, Charles, VJax, Jennings, Finley and one of Daniels or Witten. I am efforting a trade of Witten for a draft pick as I will not have a pick until round three.

Should I try to avoid putting him on a better team, or just take whatever pick I can get? We are just making TE mandatory for the first time this coming season, so there are some teams with no TE currently. But two of them are two of the top three teams in the league. So I hate strengthening them. But if I don't get a deal done, I'll probably end up cutting Witten anyway and get nothing in return. I guess the upside there would be that he would almost certainly be drafted before either of them pick.

Just curious what your thoughts were, strategy-wise.

if it would improve your team significantly i would trade,but i would probably just drop him if u are confident the top teams will not draft him. my thinking is if u improve your team alot do not worry about who u help other wise i would not trade with a contender

I think you should trade Witten for a pick.. dont worry about strengthening the other teams. Look out whats best for your own squad. Im not a huge Witten fan in the first place, I think Daniels is better... so yeh If it was me I would trade Witten with no problem.

I'd deal witten for a pick too. Owen Daniels will be back in 2010.

Always improve your team when you can, even if it means dealing with a top team! Who knows maybe they end up with him anyway and then you got nothing in return.