Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antwun

is mjd for ray rice a no brainer

i have rice will mjd be better the rest of his career

They are spitting images of each other, extremely similar players. Strong legs, both run very low to the ground and can catch the ball extremely well out of the backfield. Both are PPR studs but I trust MJD a little more with his track record and his knack for getting into the endzone. Although if McGahee leaves Baltimore, I do believe Rice will get his fair share of TDs.

You can't lose with either guys as they're both still young but i'll take MJD by a nose.

They are spitting images of each other, extremely similar players. Strong legs, both run very low to the ground and can catch the ball extremely well out of the backfield. Both are PPR studs but I trust MJD a little more with his track record and his knack for getting into the endzone. Although if McGahee leaves Baltimore, I do believe Rice will get his fair share of TDs.

You can't lose with either guys as they're both still young but i'll take MJD by a nose.

i also own peterson how would u rank these 3 in a ppr league and which one would u try to trade to get mjd

Man they really are so close! I have both of them in a keeper league and we can only keep ONE player! I am probably going to flip a coin to see which one I keep. Right now I would lean 51% MJD to 49% Rice, only because MJD has been a stud for a few more years.

In my PPR, they finished AD (233), MJD (231) then Rice (220). So they were basically interchangeable -- especially if Rice picks up a few TDs next season.

I'd probably still rank AD highest. The TDs make up for the lesser receptions. Then I'd probably go MJD next because he will get what rushing TDs Jax gets. But Rice could easily finished first next year.

Man ranking them in PPR it's even closer. AP improved his receptions last year and it should even go higher if Chestor leaves this summer. Man what a GREAT problem to have...AP, MJD, Rice!!! Hey is this a 4 man league? J/k I would rank them AP, MJD, Rice, but man it's really, really close especially with it being PPR.

Man ranking them in PPR it's even closer. AP improved his receptions last year and it should even go higher if Chestor leaves this summer. Man what a GREAT problem to have...AP, MJD, Rice!!! Hey is this a 4 man league? J/k I would rank them AP, MJD, Rice, but man it's really, really close especially with it being PPR.

no it's a ten team league

Just messing with you man! Very nice looking team, you should be in it to win it for many, many years with that backfield! You want to send me a trade? I need some RB help! lol

i have rice will mjd be better the rest of his career

Hard to say. They both have plenty of football left in their careers. But i do like MJD by a wide margain right now.

Hard to say. They both have plenty of football left in their careers. But i do like MJD by a wide margain right now.

my chances for this deal are getting slimmer unless i add fitz for marshall. it seems he is in discussion with another owner for i am guessing sjax/calvin johnson/draft pick for mjd/bolden i don't think it is smart on his part just my opinion it would give the other owner mjd/chris johnson should i offer fitz to try and prevent him from making this deal

By a wide margin Rush? lol

By a wide margin Rush? lol

Hey -- in my league he was 11 points better. That's 2/3 of a point per game! B)

Hey -- in my league he was 11 points better. That's 2/3 of a point per game! B)

with news that mcgahee is staying in baltimore maybe i should trade rice/fitz for mjd/marshall

with news that mcgahee is staying in baltimore maybe i should trade rice/fitz for mjd/marshall

I sure as hell wouldn't. Rice is going to get more touches regardless, imo.

And I wouldn't doubt for a second that Baltimore is only saying that so they can get some trade offers for McGahee.

Marshall is way too much of a wild card to give up Fitz for.

With the latest news on McGahee, I would rather have MJD over Rice.

i agree but is dealing fitz for marshall also worth it what do u say

this will be my last time asking u are probably tired of me by now but is adding fitz for marshall a deal breaker or should i feel comfortable that he won't be too much of a knucklehead

My thoughts: if you don't have a clear-cut urge to do it, maybe you shouldn't. That's not to say you always have to jump to do it immediately or decline it immediately. But there is no clear-cut winner here. If you don't feel strongly enough in favor of the deal, maybe just let it pass. You aren't missing out on a ton by not taking it.

I think we all can agree MJD > Rice for 2010, especially now since McGahee is returning.

The Fitz/Marshall debate is much tougher. If Warner were still around, Fitz is a no-brainer but with Leinart at the helm, I see a big regression in Fitz's numbers because quite frankly, I just don't trust Leinart.

It'll be interesting to see where B Marshall lands...if it's a pass first offense with a solid QB...he may be the guy for 2010.

Im in the minority I guess but I like Ray Rice more... hes rediculous. Elite pass catching back and Baltimore won games when they ran the offense through him. It doesnt matter if McGahee stays or not Rice's touches will go up as will his TD's. Yeh MJD has a better track record but in fantasy we need to think about a players future performance not their past IMO... and honestly McGahee playing another full year without injury might be a long shot. He was playing for a contract lets not forget.

Im in the minority I guess but I like Ray Rice more... hes rediculous. Elite pass catching back and Baltimore won games when they ran the offense through him. It doesnt matter if McGahee stays or not Rice's touches will go up as will his TD's. Yeh MJD has a better track record but in fantasy we need to think about a players future performance not their past IMO... and honestly McGahee playing another full year without injury might be a long shot. He was playing for a contract lets not forget.

Key point... let's not forget how down on him they were going in to last season.

He's going to move on and they are building his value in the press.

Rice/McClain/draft pick are going to be enough in the backfield.

McGahee's 3.5MM is too much to pay a strict back-up... even the JETS are considering dumping Thomas Jones because of his 3.5MM roster bonus.

I like MJD. McGahee is in the way. PPR or not McGahee get's the TD's. The Jags O-Line is young and will be better next year.

I like MJD. McGahee is in the way. PPR or not McGahee get's the TD's. The Jags O-Line is young and will be better next year.

Yeh the Jags O-line will probably improve but its still nowhere near Baltimore's O-line IMO. McGahee is in the way the same way Lendale was in Chris Johnson's way going into last year.... jus somethin to think about. This is all assuming McGahee stays which I doubt.

Yeh the Jags O-line will probably improve but its still nowhere near Baltimore's O-line IMO. McGahee is in the way the same way Lendale was in Chris Johnson's way going into last year.... jus somethin to think about. This is all assuming McGahee stays which I doubt.

He's staying in Baltimore.

MJD!