Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1stplace

Jayson Heyward OF ATL

according to Rotoworld's depth chart the Braves are going into the season with 4 OF. Matt Diaz, Francoeur, Josh Anderson, Gregor Blanco. Are Anderson and Blanco really that much better than Heyward? When does this guy get a shot? Are you drafting him?

according to Rotoworld's depth chart the Braves are going into the season with 4 OF. Matt Diaz, Francoeur, Josh Anderson, Gregor Blanco. Are Anderson and Blanco really that much better than Heyward? When does this guy get a shot? Are you drafting him?

If he was available in my dynasty league, I would draft him.

Its goin to be a couple of years, maybe a cup of coffee in september not this season but the next. If your league allows u to keep prospects multiple years then yes this guy is definitely something special and is worth drafting but dont expect him to help your fantasy team this next year or the one after.

edit: Schafer is the one to draft off the braves as a minor leaguer if u are looking for possible production this year

What kind of numbers do you project for him in his prime?

I can see him putting together 3-4 seasons in a row of something like .310-.410-.550 with around 35 HR. Think Matt Holliday but less average, and more walks.

When do you think that Heyward will be called up and when do you think he will start for Atlanta? I could see this guy around .280 avg, 30 hr, 120 rbi, 20 sb in his prime.

When do you think that Heyward will be called up and when do you think he will start for Atlanta? I could see this guy around .280 avg, 30 hr, 120 rbi, 20 sb in his prime.

He may get a taste of the bigs at the tail end of 2010 and could very well be starting on opening day 2011. I can't wait for him...all signs say he's going to be the real deal.

Has been moved to the Danville Braves?

Is this a step up or down for him?

Has been moved to the Danville Braves?

Is this a step up or down for him?

I ask because from moving from Myrtle Beach to Danville seemed odd to me. I figured he would end up in Mississippi at some point this season.

I ask because from moving from Myrtle Beach to Danville seemed odd to me. I figured he would end up in Mississippi at some point this season.

I don't think he's been moved to Danville. I think the website just has it listed incorrectly?

He hasn't played since May 26th... This does seem odd. But he has yet to play a game for Danville all his other games were at Myrtle Beach. Maybe he's hurt?

Per Baseball America:

Jason Heyward, rf, Braves: Heyward hasn’t played since May 26 with what’s being described as "side pain." The Myrtle Beach Sun News reported the injury in early May as a hip flexory injury, and that’s been about the only thing that has been able to slow down Heyward thus far. Through 37 games with high Class A Myrtle Beach, the 19-year-old Heyward has hit .295/.373/.561 with 16 walks and 24 strikeouts

I drafted him last year in an ultra deep (almost ridiculous 20 man farm teams) because all signs point to him having a shot at actually making an impact on teams that essentially require near-all-stars at every position to compete. Good examples of OF's who were activated from farm teams in the last year are the Hunter Pence, Justin Upton, Jacoby, Braun types, (20/20 minimum types with low K's and high OPS's a preferred plus).

saw this morning that Gammons on his Diamond notes said that Heyward has a chance to be called up after the rosters are expanded this year. As a Heyward owner in a dynasty league, this would be awesome news. If he's called up late in the year, does he stick with the club at the start of 2010 (would have to be as a starter)? He's mashing right now in AA. Power numbers aren't huge, but not a big concern at this age.

saw this morning that Gammons on his Diamond notes said that Heyward has a chance to be called up after the rosters are expanded this year. As a Heyward owner in a dynasty league, this would be awesome news. If he's called up late in the year, does he stick with the club at the start of 2010 (would have to be as a starter)? He's mashing right now in AA. Power numbers aren't huge, but not a big concern at this age.

Why not sooner?? REALLY good players are often called up from AA and are able to help a MLB club immediately ala Chris Davis last year. With the Braves needing offense we might see him sooner than later.

2-3 tonight with 2 walks, a double and a homerun

Nearing 100 AB in AA now and he's hitting .423/.508/.742!!! Wow, the ball must look like a beach ball to him right now floating into his wheel house.

Is this guy a good bet to get the call in September?

I'm holding on to #1 Waiver priority right now in my keeper and he looks like the guy I'd want most right now...

The only thing that could hold him back right now is his age.

He's hitting .364/.451/.643 (OPS of 1.094) in AA, with 6 homers in 129 AB's.

Obviously doing very well, but is still only 19.

The only thing that could hold him back right now is his age.

He's hitting .364/.451/.643 (OPS of 1.094) in AA, with 6 homers in 129 AB's.

Obviously doing very well, but is still only 19.

Remember Andruw Jones?? The Braves could sure use someone to ignite their offense and a jump from AA to the bigs isn't that much of a stretch