Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FeloniousT

Toughest Keeper Decision Yet

12 Teams, 1 PPR, all TDs 6pts.

My other keepers are Rice and Fitz.

This last keeper is a head-scratcher. I know it's still early to decide, but it's the offseason, I'm bored, and I'd like a few opinions please.

It's not that touch, keep Schaub. You don't know what your getting with Vernon and he is just a tight end. Pierre Thomas will still lose carries to Reggie Bush, you can find other RB's in the draft. You will not find a QB as good as Schaub.

Is there any penalty for keeping a guy? Do you lose that rounds draft pick?

I would toss back Schaub. With news coming out of New Orleans that Mike Bell is officially gone, that leaves PT and Reggie Bush. We all know that Bush is not someone who a team can rely on to run the ball consistently. This is a big opportunity for PT and one that can reap big rewards.

The QB position is just too deep, you'll be able to get a start QB via the draft. No need to hang on to Schaub...

Is there any penalty for keeping a guy? Do you lose that rounds draft pick?

I would toss back Schaub. With news coming out of New Orleans that Mike Bell is officially gone, that leaves PT and Reggie Bush. We all know that Bush is not someone who a team can rely on to run the ball consistently. This is a big opportunity for PT and one that can reap big rewards.

The QB position is just too deep, you'll be able to get a start QB via the draft. No need to hang on to Schaub...

Nope, no penalty or anything like that.

I was thinking of keeping PT but I feel like Peyton is always going to limit him. Even with Bell gone I can see him giving Hamilton more carries for whatever dumb reason he comes up with. He also hasn't helped his value by getting hurt here and there.

TE is pretty deep these days and I think some of VD's performance stats will go over to Crabtree this season.

Schaub is a top ranked QB and runs a top flight offense... he is a little injury prone.

Thomas is a solid contributor, and has the potentital to be so much more, but he, too, is injury prone.

You already have a Top 5 RB and WR... May as well keep your QB and draft the next tier guys.

TE is pretty deep these days and I think some of VD's performance stats will go over to Crabtree this season.

Schaub is a top ranked QB and runs a top flight offense... he is a little injury prone.

Thomas is a solid contributor, and has the potentital to be so much more, but he, too, is injury prone.

You already have a Top 5 RB and WR... May as well keep your QB and draft the next tier guys.

This is what I was leaning towards.

I just hope Owen Daniels can stay healthy. His presence is a huge bonus for Shaub.

That and I can always dream that they'll land Dez Bryant lol.

They also need to fix that s---y OL.

This is an easy one...keep a top 5 QB (Schaub)! Yes I am a Texans fan, but Schaub is the real deal with a the best WR in the game! Easy choice...TE? Part time RB? top 5 QB...No brainer!!!

This is an easy one...keep a top 5 QB (Schaub)! Yes I am a Texans fan, but Schaub is the real deal with a the best WR in the game! Easy choice...TE? Part time RB? top 5 QB...No brainer!!!

I'd keep Schaub bro.

Thanks guys.

Shaub's frailty concerns me but hopefully the Texans fix that line and give him at least one more weapon.

Only reason I still might consider PT is bc I can insure him later with Hamilton, who'll cost me nothing.

If Shaub goes down I'm left with no value.

The Texans oline has improved and will continue to to improve. Schaub played in all 16 games last year, so that's a positive sign! Also the Texans will be drafting an RB in the draft to help out Slaton and Foster. OD will be back from his injury and than there is AJ, no need to say anythign there.

Little help on mine please! Thanks!

The Texans oline has improved and will continue to to improve. Schaub played in all 16 games last year, so that's a positive sign! Also the Texans will be drafting an RB in the draft to help out Slaton and Foster. OD will be back from his injury and than there is AJ, no need to say anythign there.

Little help on mine please! Thanks!

I wish they'd get another quality WR so their whole offense isn't so dependent on AJ.

No, I don't see Walter as a quality WR.

I agree about the Texans getting a #2WR! I have felt that way for several years! They tried with Moulds, but he was past his prime. I never thought Walters was the answer and he proved that last year with Schaub having a mosnter year leading the league in passing and Walters just putting up like 53/611/2!!! I was totally against them drafting Jacoby in the 2nd rd a few years ago. He has been a bust in my opinion as a WR. He has shown a few flashes, but for the Texans to resign Walters this offseason shows that they also do not beleive in Jacoby! Man I would love for the Texans to grab Dez if he was there.

I really wanted them to make a run at Marshall or Boldin, can you imagine teams not being able to double AJ!!! That would be sick!!!

I agree about the Texans getting a #2WR! I have felt that way for several years! They tried with Moulds, but he was past his prime. I never thought Walters was the answer and he proved that last year with Schaub having a mosnter year leading the league in passing and Walters just putting up like 53/611/2!!! I was totally against them drafting Jacoby in the 2nd rd a few years ago. He has been a bust in my opinion as a WR. He has shown a few flashes, but for the Texans to resign Walters this offseason shows that they also do not beleive in Jacoby! Man I would love for the Texans to grab Dez if he was there.

I really wanted them to make a run at Marshall or Boldin, can you imagine teams not being able to double AJ!!! That would be sick!!!

Kubiak loves to throw the ball but yet he doesn't give Shaub another legit option. That's just retarded. He makes some really dumb decisions and that's one of them.

I think they have 0 chance at Dez. Way too many teams before them would go after him.

Agree...Kub has made some dumb moves as a coach and drafting for this team!

and

Agree...about Dez not being there when the Texans pick, but it's nice to dream! Even if he was there the Texans NEVER go after offensive skilled players in the 1st!B) They need to remember how the AJ pick turned out and go out and get some skilled studs on the offensive side!

12 Teams, 1 PPR, all TDs 6pts.

My other keepers are Rice and Fitz.

This last keeper is a head-scratcher. I know it's still early to decide, but it's the offseason, I'm bored, and I'd like a few opinions please.

Depends what the other teams are keeping. If the QB field is weak, then you gotta keep Shaub. He'll be top 10 easily. Pierre Thomas is still, in my opinion, going to be the #1 back in NO even with Bush there. Last year he was threatened by Mike Bell because of his injury, but he clearly showed in the playoffs that he's capable of #1. In my league, also a 12-teamer, RB's are more valuable than WR or QB, however, you need to assess what the other teams are keeping to figure out if you can pick up Shaub or PT in the 1st round.

Don't even bother thinking about keeping Vernon Davis.

P.S. - If you have an iPhone, check out "Fantasy Sports Coach" app. Just got it a couple days ago. Pretty sweet.

Pierre Thomas is the most valuable player of the 3

If he gets GL work then yea. But that's no guarantee.

So no more debates.

Traded Shaub for Miles Austin.

Rice/Fitz/Austin it is.