Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ray Barboni

Dynasty league Rookie draft looming...

Here are just a couple of the league settings...BTW this is an Auction league

QB passing TD's = 4pts

Points per reception = RB/WR(.50pts) TE(1.0pts) ----- i have Jermichael Finley locked up, so im good there.

Each week we start:

QB - 1

RB - min 2 max 3

WR - min 2 max 3

TE - min 1 max 2

K - 1

Dlinemen - 1

Dback - 1

LB - 1

Ok here is my roster...

QB's Carson Palmer(through 2011)

Chad Henne (have rights to match highest bidder)

Vince Young (" ")

RB's Frank Gore(through 2011)

Mike Turner(through 2011)

Rashard Mendenhall(through 2011)

Jon Stewart(through 2011)

LeSean McCoy(through 2013)

Glenn Coffee(through 2013)

Bernard Scott(through 2013)

Arian Foster(through 2012)

BJE (rights to match)

Danny Ware(rights to match)

Chris Jennnings(rights to match)

WR's Vincent Jackson(through 2011)

Sidney Rice(Rights to match....but will match almost any bid)

Anthony Gonzo(2011)

Santana Moss(2011)

TE's JerMichael Finley(through 2011)

James casey(rights)

Fred Davis(rights)

Now...if you still reading, i would like to say THANK YOU!!!!! lol...this is my second year in this league and i dont know who to draft. I know i have a glaring need at WR.....and also QB.

I own the #1 pick in this years ROOKIE DRAFT....what would you do? Bradford? Dez Bryant? Ryan Mathews?

What is the smartest pick? Im leaning towards Mathews just because he is the only player i believe is worthy of the first pick, even though im pretty loaded at RB.

Next on my list is Dez Bryant, love that he is going to be in the Dallas Offense and i DO need a #2 WR behind Vjax. But is he worth the top pick? im not sure...

Bradford....could be a nice pick for the FUTURE, i have Palmer right now who is decent enough. Throw in the act that passing TD's are only 4pts downgrades the position IMO.

PLEASE HELP................I dont know which direction to go here, all im concerned with is my first pick. The other picks in this draft im confident i will fill needs, even if it means drafting Tebow late for the future.

Thanks fellas....

Here are just a couple of the league settings...BTW this is an Auction league

QB passing TD's = 4pts

Points per reception = RB/WR(.50pts) TE(1.0pts) ----- i have Jermichael Finley locked up, so im good there.

Each week we start:

QB - 1

RB - min 2 max 3

WR - min 2 max 3

TE - min 1 max 2

K - 1

Dlinemen - 1

Dback - 1

LB - 1

Ok here is my roster...

QB's Carson Palmer(through 2011)

Chad Henne (have rights to match highest bidder)

Vince Young (" ")

RB's Frank Gore(through 2011)

Mike Turner(through 2011)

Rashard Mendenhall(through 2011)

Jon Stewart(through 2011)

LeSean McCoy(through 2013)

Glenn Coffee(through 2013)

Bernard Scott(through 2013)

Arian Foster(through 2012)

BJE (rights to match)

Danny Ware(rights to match)

Chris Jennnings(rights to match)

WR's Vincent Jackson(through 2011)

Sidney Rice(Rights to match....but will match almost any bid)

Anthony Gonzo(2011)

Santana Moss(2011)

TE's JerMichael Finley(through 2011)

James casey(rights)

Fred Davis(rights)

Now...if you still reading, i would like to say THANK YOU!!!!! lol...this is my second year in this league and i dont know who to draft. I know i have a glaring need at WR.....and also QB.

I own the #1 pick in this years ROOKIE DRAFT....what would you do? Bradford? Dez Bryant? Ryan Mathews?

What is the smartest pick? Im leaning towards Mathews just because he is the only player i believe is worthy of the first pick, even though im pretty loaded at RB.

Next on my list is Dez Bryant, love that he is going to be in the Dallas Offense and i DO need a #2 WR behind Vjax. But is he worth the top pick? im not sure...

Bradford....could be a nice pick for the FUTURE, i have Palmer right now who is decent enough. Throw in the act that passing TD's are only 4pts downgrades the position IMO.

PLEASE HELP................I dont know which direction to go here, all im concerned with is my first pick. The other picks in this draft im confident i will fill needs, even if it means drafting Tebow late for the future.

Thanks fellas....

Ok to make this easier to answer...

Who would you want on your roster for the next 4 years regradless of need:

Bradford (STL)

Ryan Mathews (SD)

Dez Bryant (DAL)

It's late so I may not be thinking straight but I would take Matthews with the first pick. Instead of taking Bradford I would trade one of your other backs for a quality qb and a third receiver.

Agreed, Mathews is the clear cut number one. Take Mathews and trade a RB for a QB. I hear Rothlesberger comes cheap!

Nice...thanks for the help fellas.

Im definitely taking Mathews with my pick.

Another question though...I am going to work on a trade, getting rid of one of my RB's for a QB and possibly a WR. Who would you rather have in a Dynasty league?

Frank Gore

Mike Turner

My other options at RB are Mendenhall/JStew/ShadyMcCoy and soon to be Ryan Mathews...i would like to keep ALL of these guys because they are all still young. It makes more sense to trade away one of my older RB's Gore/Turner.

So who would you keep of the two? im leaning towards Gore, as i think he is the better talent and it doesnt hurt that i have Glenn Coffee locked up for the next 3 years either.

thoughts?

I gotta say you take D.Bryant. With your WR needs and the fact that Dez will step in and immediately become a 1000+ yds, possible 10+ TD's with Romo throwing to him.

Your running backs are already solid, I'd love to have that backfield. I think best case scenario is to trade down a spot and take Dez. Dez could easily be the #1 pick, and you could get more picks, and land him anyway.

I gotta say you take D.Bryant. With your WR needs and the fact that Dez will step in and immediately become a 1000+ yds, possible 10+ TD's with Romo throwing to him.

Your running backs are already solid, I'd love to have that backfield. I think best case scenario is to trade down a spot and take Dez. Dez could easily be the #1 pick, and you could get more picks, and land him anyway.

Believe me...i would LOVE to take Dez Bryant this year in this Dynasty league. But i just dont think its the smartest move. Ill explain....

If i take Dez first overall, that also means the RB needy team picking behind me will take Mathews...therefore getting a clear-cut starter for the next 4 years. I cant afford to let that happen. Yes the i drafted very well last year so im lucky to have a backfield consisting of Gore/Turner/Mendenhall/Shady/Stewart....but i only have Turner/Gore through next season, where if i take Mathews i would have him for the next 4 years.

It is the smarter move to take Mathews this year, and trade away Turner for a top QB or WR. Who knows i could even strike a deal before the draft sending Turner to the owner of the 2nd pick, that way i could get BOTH Mathews/Dez this year....

I'd go with Matthews. Clear-cut starting RBs are usually harder to find than starting WRs. There are always a handful of sleeper WRs that come out of nowhere throughout the season.

Definitely Mathews with first, but there is not much argument over that one. Now to the trading. Getting a solid WR should be your first priority. I would trade Turner or Mendehall (Gore is too good especially in 0,5 ppr) for a WR1, but definitely not for Dez. Rookie WRs seldom deliver, so while he is more worth in dynasty, I would not gamble that high.

If I were you, I would actually wait with the QB. You have nice depth there. Depending on how camps shake out and which RBs get hurt, your depth at RB should serve you well when bargaining with an owner who just lost his starting RB.

..on a side note. As a Gore owner you should target Dixon as handcuff. Coffee is simply not that good.

Definitely Mathews with first, but there is not much argument over that one. Now to the trading. Getting a solid WR should be your first priority. I would trade Turner or Mendehall (Gore is too good especially in 0,5 ppr) for a WR1, but definitely not for Dez. Rookie WRs seldom deliver, so while he is more worth in dynasty, I would not gamble that high.

If I were you, I would actually wait with the QB. You have nice depth there. Depending on how camps shake out and which RBs get hurt, your depth at RB should serve you well when bargaining with an owner who just lost his starting RB.

..on a side note. As a Gore owner you should target Dixon as handcuff. Coffee is simply not that good.

great post Naboo...

So you think i have enough depth at QB with Carson starting....and bringing back Henne as te backup?

I know my #1 priority is WR...and i would rather trade Turner than Mendenhall...as i have Mendenhall on contract for longer. What type of WR do you think i should target in a trade with Turner?

Im actually not so keen on Palmer. He is more of a matchup play than an every week starter. Henne is very intriguing though, and Marshall makes him a borderline QB1. Young has lots of potential too, if he can keep his head straight. So if you can swing a deal for a top 5 QB (Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers/Schaub) go for it. If not just stay put and watch the QB battles in camp. With so many teams in flux at the position, someone is due to break out.

Even at WR you can start the season with Vjax/Rice before you overpay for a WR1. Moss should be startable most weeks with McNabb at the helm too. If you find a team with a dire need at RB, you can simply offer Turner for his best WR. Or you can gamble on guys who will return later, like Welker and Holmes, if you can get them for cheap.

Im actually not so keen on Palmer. He is more of a matchup play than an every week starter. Henne is very intriguing though, and Marshall makes him a borderline QB1. Young has lots of potential too, if he can keep his head straight. So if you can swing a deal for a top 5 QB (Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Rivers/Schaub) go for it. If not just stay put and watch the QB battles in camp. With so many teams in flux at the position, someone is due to break out.

Even at WR you can start the season with Vjax/Rice before you overpay for a WR1. Moss should be startable most weeks with McNabb at the helm too. If you find a team with a dire need at RB, you can simply offer Turner for his best WR. Or you can gamble on guys who will return later, like Welker and Holmes, if you can get them for cheap.

really appreciate your posts...

Found an owner in my league with a TERRIBLE RB situation coming into this year, his RB's as of right now are:

Chester Taylor

Darren Sproles

Donald Brown

Jamal Lewis ----LOL

Cahd Simpson -----LOL

But he does have nice WR depth....Andre Johnson/Jennings/Roddy White

His QB's are Farve/Flacco/Stafford....

What do you think i could do with this team? Turner for Flacco....Turner for AJ....or Maybe even Turner for White/Stafford?

really appreciate your posts...

Found an owner in my league with a TERRIBLE RB situation coming into this year, his RB's as of right now are:

Chester Taylor

Darren Sproles

Donald Brown

Jamal Lewis ----LOL

Cahd Simpson -----LOL

But he does have nice WR depth....Andre Johnson/Jennings/Roddy White

His QB's are Farve/Flacco/Stafford....

What do you think i could do with this team? Turner for Flacco....Turner for AJ....or Maybe even Turner for White/Stafford?

Those quarterbacks are not worth Turner or Gore so I would be cautious and move someone else for one of them.

Turner for AJ would be great. White/Stafford sounds nice too... None of his QBs are an upgrade over yours, so only take one as a throw in.

Turner for AJ would be great. White/Stafford sounds nice too... None of his QBs are an upgrade over yours, so only take one as a throw in.

yes that was my plan...keeping the QB's i currently have, but landing another QB/WR2 by just trading Turner.

thanks for the help fellas, ill keep ya posted if i work out a deal