Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Travis Burten

Steven Strasburg SP WAS

Does anyone have a guess when this guy will be called up. I wanna snatch him up. It is probably the million dollar question this year??

Everyone knows that Washington is just playing the service time game here. He's not only Major League ready, he's the best pitcher in the entire organization. Once the Nats feel Strasburg has no risk of being a super-2 player, he'll be up. Probably in a month or so.

Everyone knows that Washington is just playing the service time game here. He's not only Major League ready, he's the best pitcher in the entire organization. Once the Nats feel Strasburg has no risk of being a super-2 player, he'll be up. Probably in a month or so.

Does it matter? Didn't he sign a major league contract?

For some reason I didn't think super 2 really affects him much.

Signing a contract and Super Two are two very different things. There is a lot of insight into that vein of discussion in the Chapman thread ... suffice it to say, he is still very much affected by Super Two.

Does anyone have a guess when this guy will be called up. I wanna snatch him up. It is probably the million dollar question this year??

I wanna be in your league if he's still available.

Makes sense. They sent Storen up to AAA earlier this week, and they seem to be a bit intent on progressing the two at about the same rate. That sucks though, I had tickets for next Friday's Harrisburg game hoping I'd get to see him!

No 3 on BA's Prospect Hot Sheet:

No. 3 STEPHEN STRASBURG, RHP

NATIONALS Team: Double-A Harrisburg (Eastern)

Why He's Here: 1-0, 0.00, 5 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 SO

The Scoop: Strasburg probably won't be in the Eastern League much longer, but he's already left his mark. In his last two starts for Harrisburg, both against Reading, Strasburg has pitched 10 combined innings and given up just one hit while striking out 12. Strasburg's fastball showed its usual upper 90s velocity in his last outing on Tuesday, and Reading's hitters had little chance when he mixed in his curveball and changeup. He allowed just one baserunner over his five no-hit inings. Strasburg's 0.52 ERA through four starts leads the EL, but the good news for hitters around the league is it probably won't be too long before the Nationals advance him to Triple-A. Get ready, International League.

Don't think Stras has been officially promoted to AAA yet, has he? The subtitle to this thread says so but don't see any reports confirming the move quite yet.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/a...sp&c_id=was - still unconfirmed though so subtitle edited.

Yeah, saw that, but the news as of yesterday from the Nats organization was that they weren't going to make an announcement on Sunday night as was originally planned. Sounds like they're considering keeping him down at AA for one more start to see how he responds to yesterday's hiccup. Though they might just decide that he has nothing left to prove at this level and promote him anyway.

Yeah, saw that, but the news as of yesterday from the Nats organization was that they weren't going to make an announcement on Sunday night as was originally planned. Sounds like they're considering keeping him down at AA for one more start to see how he responds to yesterday's hiccup. Though they might just decide that he has nothing left to prove at this level and promote him anyway.

i can't imagine why someone in any keeper league wouldn't own this guy right now if possible. i also cant imagine any scenario where he doesnt get called by sometime in June. by then, the nats should be completely out of the pennant race, and Strasburg will sell out every game that he pitches, so that should motivate them as well when the intrigue of the Nats competing goes out the window. pick him up now!

The Nationals have promoted top pitching prospect Stephen Strasburg from Double-A Harrisburg to Triple-A Syracuse.

Strasburg, 21, will make his first Triple-A start on Friday against the Braves' affiliate from Gwinnett, Georgia. He posted a 1.64 ERA, a 0.86 WHIP and a 27/6 K/BB ratio in five starts at the Double-A level. The way he's going, a mid-June promotion to the major leagues seems likely. May. 4 - 12:29 pm et

The Nationals have promoted top pitching prospect Stephen Strasburg from Double-A Harrisburg to Triple-A Syracuse.

Strasburg, 21, will make his first Triple-A start on Friday against the Braves' affiliate from Gwinnett, Georgia. He posted a 1.64 ERA, a 0.86 WHIP and a 27/6 K/BB ratio in five starts at the Double-A level. The way he's going, a mid-June promotion to the major leagues seems likely. May. 4 - 12:29 pm et

a Nats team blogger has said on DC radio that they expect Strasburg to get called up in early June during their home stand to face the Pirates or Reds (since they both suck) considering the lowered pressure type nature of those games. unless he gets blown up in AAA i can't imagine why it won't happen.

So far pitching no hit ball thru 5:

5 Innings, 0Hits, 1BB, 6K's

So far pitching no hit ball thru 5:

5 Innings, 0Hits, 1BB, 6K's

B)

Everyone keeps on saying June. Does anyone know the exact date?

Everyone keeps on saying June. Does anyone know the exact date?

They are apparently targeting June 4th or 8th

God arrives June 8th.

Great! Guess if we are ever going to see Strasburg pitch, he better come up before God gets here!

Stephen Strasburg will make his next start for Triple-A Syracuse on May 18 against Rochester.

The decision will provide Strasburg with an extra day of rest between starts. It also ensures that he will make five starts in Triple-A before May 30, setting up a potential major league debut against the Reds on June 4 at Nats Park. Including his six innings of no-hit ball on Wednesday, the 2009 first-round pick has a 1.06 ERA and 0.65 WHIP over seven starts in the minor leagues. Source: Washington Nationals on Twitter