fontaine

Where Legends Are Born

21 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Anyway, back on topic here... lets give @Boudewijn time to draft, we don’t want to limit owners abilities to trade, do we? 😉

I know, i know...i'm just being a dick.

6 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

We should give him a bit of extra time, he was working on a trade that fell through.  Plus, isn't he in like Hong Kong and there is a revolution going on?

Let me give a bit of context while I make up my mind.

On 6/12 there was a protest of tens of thousands against the government. The police acted strongly, and dispersed the crowd with 150 tear gas grenades, rubber bullets, pepper spray, etc. The public was furious. That weekend there was a demonstration of 2 million people, and the law people were protesting was more or less retracted.

So far so good, I hoped. I was wrong though.

You have to understand people are still upset about the end of the umbrella movement 5 years ago. Since then, people feel that the democracy is crumbling. Nobody voted for the elected leader. The pro-china camp has a majority in the council, but not on the street.

Following the big march, small groups of protesters kept asking for police apology and Carrie Lam to step down. The police reacted like I react to mosquitoes: gas em and beat em. Except these mosquitoes keep coming back, first thousands, then tens of thousands, then hundreds of thousands.  (I have witnessed some of these first hand as I live opposite a police station).

What you saw today (my yesterday) is the culmination of this: a large scale strike, 7 large demonstrations across the city, impromptu blocking of roads and tunnels. And: tear gas, rubber bullets, and apparent snipers on the roof of the LegCo. And: local residents coming out and shouting at the police, asking if they were crazy. And storming police stations. And throwing eggs now became throwing rocks and even petrol bombs. And some groups of concerned citizens (or gangsters as some call them) appear to be supporting police and beat up random protesters and passers by (and then get beaten up themselves, occasionally).

And, I have to highlight this because Carrie Lam mentioned it in her speech as one of the most terrible things, some protesters tore a Chinese flag from a mast and threw it into the harbour. The disgrace, the humanity!

So. I don't condone violence, on any part. I just sit at home, watch the tv, watch the horrifying images come in on Telegram. It's not pretty. If you must know, I was so tired of this that last night I just gave up and went to bed. This morning for the first hour I've been reading reports. f--- fantasy, this is my hometown (today anyway).

So. I will try not to bother you again with politics; I will not try to tell you what to think. Putin and Winnie the Pooh (Xi Jinping) probably have a point. The protesters probably have a point. Heck, the police probably has a point; they had clear instructions, and a job to do. I'm just freaking tired of it, and I can only see outcomes that will be worse. Beijing will not accept any of this, and that also means I probably shouldn't even be writing this on a public forum.

So if Xi Jinping reads this: Hail Mao! Hail China! 

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

So. I don't condone violence, on any part. I just sit at home, watch the tv, watch the horrifying images come in on Telegram. It's not pretty. If you must know, I was so tired of this that last night I just gave up and went to bed. This morning for the first hour I've been reading reports. f--- fantasy, this is my hometown (today anyway).

So. I will try not to bother you again with politics; I will not try to tell you what to think. Putin and Winnie the Pooh (Xi Jinping) probably have a point. The protesters probably have a point. Heck, the police probably has a point; they had clear instructions, and a job to do. I'm just freaking tired of it, and I can only see outcomes that will be worse. Beijing will not accept any of this, and that also means I probably shouldn't even be writing this on a public forum.

So if Xi Jinping reads this: Hail Mao! Hail China! 

Now back to our regular scheduled program.

Stay safe.

In the interest of objectivity, we're not blameless (as always):

With all that, and with 4 different negotiations dying down, I will make my pick.

Given that Devin Bush and Benny Snell are both still available and at least one of them is very tasty, obviously I choose... (and I can't believe I'm typing this)

Benny Snell jr, PIT RB.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

The funny bit here btw is that I was waiting for... @Iron-cock. Well played sir, well played.

and I was waiting for DHC at the time who I replied to, which made it even better.  🤣

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

In the interest of objectivity, we're not blameless (as always):

The US has overthrown multiple governments, and this is well documented.

But think about this: rarely have they done this by organising large scale non-violent protests. Generally the modus operandi was to kill the elected head of state, and put a dictator in place. That's not a pattern I'm seeing now or hoping for, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

and I was waiting for DHC at the time who I replied to, which made it even better.  🤣

Who at the same time was hoping to trade with me, which is possibly why he rejected you :)

10 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Who at the same time was hoping to trade with me, which is possibly why he rejected you :)

Just looking @Iron-cock team I can see that he likes the Steelers. I need WR help and was waiting to see if 1 guy in particular was going to make it past 3.1 to my pick. If Boudjewin would have picked that we I'd have traded with iron cock, so it was certainly an odd set of circumstances.

With all that being said, the WR I coveted was not selected so I will go ahead and choose:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Just looking @Iron-cock team I can see that he likes the Steelers. I need WR help and was waiting to see if 1 guy in particular was going to make it past 3.1 to my pick. If Boudjewin would have picked that we I'd have traded with iron cock, so it was certainly an odd set of circumstances.

I wasn't thinking about picking him with any of the three picks, but I was pretty sure that was who you wanted when you said you needed WR help.  He probably is the best player available, so I did think about just trading with Boudewijn and taking him instead of what I was planning with the three picks...but I figured I'd just let you have him and not sell my 2020 picks.  It's bad enough I already took Damien Harris....that felt like stealing candy from kids on Halloween.

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Did we change our defensive scoring to 5 points per tackle or something?

:D

Got me checking as well.

1.5 per solo, 3 per sack. I think the DEs are worth it.

6 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

:D

Got me checking as well.

1.5 per solo, 3 per sack. I think the DEs are worth it.

Well, I picked up Darius Leonard off the waiver wire last season and right now he is the highest projected scorer on my entire team. I play Ben week 1 and the only 2 players on his entire team projected for more points than Darius Leonard is DJ and saquon. 

Last year Leonard was scoring 20+ points a week.

My offense was garbage last year but I was competitive every week due to Leonard and Chris Jones and Lawrence. If I had an offense with a pulse is have been a playoff team.

So I'm hoping to catch something like that.

10 tackles at 1.5 per tackle is 15 points. 1 sack is 3 points. 18 point day

White and bush were the best LBers in the draft and both will play all game.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, I picked up Darius Leonard off the waiver wire last season and right now he is the highest projected scorer on my entire team. I play Ben week 1 and the only 2 players on his entire team projected for more points than Darius Leonard is DJ and saquon. 

You picked him up after I dropped him right before week 1... 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

My offense was garbage last year but I was competitive every week due to Leonard and Chris Jones and Lawrence. If I had an offense with a pulse is have been a playoff team.

So I'm hoping to catch something like that.

10 tackles at 1.5 per tackle is 15 points. 1 sack is 3 points. 18 point day

White and bush were the best LBers in the draft and both will play all game.

OK but you had, like.... 4 LBs already. That's a lot of 18 point days on your bench.

7 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

OK but you had, like.... 4 LBs already. That's a lot of 18 point days on your bench.

Lol, no doubt. I can sense your skeptical, that's fine. Obviously not all LBers will be Darius Leonard but some could be close. Those 18 point LBers on my bench might look real good to someone who doesn't mind giving up some 2020 picks. Seems like activity is ramping up in this league a little bit. I like valuable pieces and the MLB for the Bucs and Steelers could be a very valuable commodity to keep or trade if need be. It's a long season, it would be a little obtuse to assume I would keep 5 LBers, I'm seeking out the higher end ROY type LBers like Leonard was last year and this year the Devin's are the best chance at finding that.

Lol, no doubt. I can sense your skeptical, that's fine. Obviously not all LBers will be Darius Leonard but some could be close. Those 18 point LBers on my bench might look real good to someone who doesn't mind giving up some 2020 picks. Seems like activity is ramping up in this league a little bit. I like valuable pieces and the MLB for the Bucs and Steelers could be a very valuable commodity to keep or trade if need be. It's a long season, it would be a little obtuse to assume I would keep 5 LBers, I'm seeking out the higher end ROY type LBers like Leonard was last year and this year the Devin's are the best chance at finding that.

That wasn't the point though. I mean...

39 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If I had an offense with a pulse is have been a playoff team.

Kinda hard to build an offense when you're burning 5, maybe 6 (?) bench spots on defense while rostering like...i dunno...2 (?) start-able, non-QB, non-3rd round-rookies-that-maybe-develop-2-years-from-now backups for your offensive positions?

Also, those 18 point days won't count for much when you're taking zeros at one of 4 other defensive spots during bye weeks. Or when 1 or 2 offensive guys get injured. But hey, you're stacked at LB. 

It's like you're deliberately handicapping yourself. This is setting a horrible example for children, derrick.

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2019 at 4:41 AM, sportsguy21792 said:

Round 3

1. Boudewijn - Benny Snell, PIT

2. DerrickHenrysCleats - Diontae Johnson, PIT

3. DerrickHenrysCleats - Devin Bush, PIT

4. @vikingapocalypse

5. @Du5t3r  

6. @KennyWoo

Move along people, nothing to see here.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

That wasn't the point though. I mean...

Kinda hard to build an offense when you're burning 5, maybe 6 (?) bench spots on defense while rostering like...i dunno...2 (?) start-able, non-QB, non-3rd round-rookies-that-maybe-develop-2-years-from-now backups for your offensive positions?

Also, those 18 point days won't count for much when you're taking zeros at one of 4 other defensive spots during bye weeks. Or when 1 or 2 offensive guys get injured. But hey, you're stacked at LB. 

It's like you're deliberately handicapping yourself. This is setting a horrible example for children, derrick.

You seem really pissed that I drafted a couple of LBers. Lol.

I'll be fine. I have plenty of bench spots available and I do pretty good on the waiver wire. 

You have built a nice team, that is good for you. I'm confident in my abilities to do the same over time, despite your critiques.

I don't even think my offense is that bad to be honest. I have 2 WRs who return punts. Ingram has moved to a better team for fantasy production, henry should get a full workload. Josh allen should provide good fantasy numbers, team that with a solid defense and I think I compete against anyone every week. 

• Like 1

You seem really pissed that I drafted a couple of LBers. Lol.

I'll be fine. I have plenty of bench spots available and I do pretty good on the waiver wire. 

You have built a nice team, that is good for you. I'm confident in my abilities to do the same over time, despite your critiques.

I'm trying to guess which LB you'll drop first. 😀

• Like 1