fontaine

Where Legends Are Born

Okay, fair enough. I will simply move the players from your team to Longhorn's once he confirms the trade.

That's cool with me.

Round 1:

01. Trent Richardson - RB, Browns (Darkstar Dragons [from Soulcrusher via Motorcity Monsters])

02. Bilbo Baggin Ballers (from Soulcrusher via Darkstar Dragons) OTC

03. Darkstar Dragons (from Abusement Park via TDs N' Beer)

04. Fatal Exception

05. Fatal Exception (from KTOWNRACER)

06. Pack Attack

07. Fatal Exception (from Kyzer)

08. The Lucky Ducks

09. Abusement Park

10. Soulcrusher

11. Soulcrusher (from Bilbo Baggin Ballers)

12. Harbaugh Warriors

13. Ink Inc.

14. Lil Bishes

1.02 Doug Martin *Booyah!*

Can I pick him up off the waiver now or do I need permission from commish?

Also are we having a waiver draft?

Edited by ISuckTDs

I have added Martin to your roster myself. The post-draft waivers can't be changed, everybody has to be on waivers for 2 days after I officially set the draft last night. And yes, we are having a 1 round free agent draft after the rookie draft.

Round 1:

01. Darkstar Dragons [from Soulcrusher via Motorcity Monsters] - Trent Richardson RB CLE

02. Bilbo Baggin Ballers (from Soulcrusher via Darkstar Dragons) - Doug Martin RB TB

03. Darkstar Dragons (from Abusement Park via TDs N' Beer) - OTC

04. Fatal Exception

06. Pack Attack

08. The Lucky Ducks

09. Abusement Park

10. Soulcrusher

12. Harbaugh Warriors

13. Ink Inc.

14. Lil Bishes

Edited by sportsguy21792

He sent me a message earlier this morning stating:

"Post it if you do as I am leaving soon."

This was actually in reference to his first offer than included Torrey Smith.

I do not accept the deal he posted to this site, sorry for any confusion.

So, now that it's back to me, do you need to wait for confirmation from Longhorn before I make the 1.03 pick from our trade?

I can give you my login credentials to this forum account so you can login and see the trade for yourself in our conversation? So we can move the draft along.

Round 1:

01. Darkstar Dragons [from Soulcrusher via Motorcity Monsters] - Trent Richardson RB CLE

02. Bilbo Baggin Ballers (from Soulcrusher via Darkstar Dragons) - Doug Martin RB TB

03. Abusement Park (via TDs N' Beer) - Robert Griffin III QB WAS

04. Fatal Exception OTC

06. Pack Attack

08. The Lucky Ducks

09. Abusement Park

10. Soulcrusher

12. Harbaugh Warriors

13. Ink Inc.

I'm on the fence with this offer but I should be able to make it work with my other trade"

This quote was letting him know that I needed my other trade, which was declined after some talks. My apologies for any confusion and its why I hadnt posted in here yet.

Fata is now OTC and has been PM'd

He sent me a message earlier this morning stating:

"Post it if you do as I am leaving soon."

This was actually in reference to his first offer than included Torrey Smith.

I do not accept the deal he posted to this site, sorry for any confusion.

Longhorn, what are you playing at?

Me:

"Sent Today, 11:40 AM

Sorry bro, Pack Attack swooped in at the last minute and finally accepted my offer.

I'm still interested in 1.03, but I just traded away Torrey Smith (+Jared Cook and Daniel Thomas) for Peyton Hillis.

I've got some other players if you want to rework the deal. LaFell + 2013 1st Round pick are still on the table of course."

You:

"Sent Today, 11:40 AM

I gotta explore other options because I won't hold the draft up when it's my pick."

You:

"Sent Today, 11:41 AM

Add another player to the lafell and first anD it's yours"

Me:

"Sent Today, 11:44 AM

Yeah, I'm really high on Hillis this season so I had to wait and see if he was tradeable.

How about an offer like:

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Brandon LaFell

2013 1st Round Draft Pick

for 1.03?"

Me:

"Sent Today, 11:50 AM

Alternatively, Mike Thomas actually looked surprisingly good running with the Jags 1st team offense last night.

4 catches for 89 yards from Blaine Gabbert.

Jay Cutler

Mike Thomas

Brandon LaFell

2013 1st Round Draft Pick

for 1.03"

You:

"Sent Today, 11:53 AM

If u wanna post the first one go ahead before my other offer gets accepted. I'm on the fence with this offer but I should be able to make it work with my other trade"

You clearly knew that the original trade was not possible once LaFell was brought into the conversation. The bolded message was the first time either of us ever mentioned LaFell.

You clearly knew that Torrey Smith had already been traded. WTF.

Edited by Robrain

I stated that I was on the fence and should be able to make the trade work with my other trade

My other trade has not gone through and talks have stalled. Its why I hadnt posted in here. Its not a big deal, so I picked. My apologies for any confusion.

I have pick 1.9 and can check in periodically but I have to run to the base now. One of our K9 dogs has a massive tumor and it looks like we are going to have to put him down this afternoon. If its close to my pick I will attempt to leave my pick with someone picking behind me...

After the whole trade-fiasco in that other league, Longhorn, this looks pretty intentional.

Im really sorry for the confusion, but it was why I didnt confirm in here. I was trying to work two deals and needed both to make it happen, otherwise my trade of Austin to move up to grab a QB would have been for nothing. I am already short at WR right now with the Austin trade and with no solid QB/picks then my team would basically be crap other than TE.

Rookies are guys that were drafted in the most recent NFL draft. If a player available has played in even 1 game, they are technically considered a free agent. I guess the best way to tell who a rookie is is to go on the free agent list on yahoo, and for the most part, players with no stats from last year are mostly rookies. A few were guys who just simply didn't play last year (Randy Moss, Ryan Williams, etc.).

Here's a good link to help you out with who's a rookie and how they might be ranked. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/41048/69/dynasty-rankings

Thanks for the help. I'm used to baseball, where they are still considered a rookie even if they played a few games the year before.

I hold no grudges from the other league, as that had nothing to do with me at all. I didnt accept the trade because my other one hadnt gone through. I apologize if it appears intentional but that is not the case. That would be very childish of me and I am way above that. If I held grudges over fantasy then I would be in a mental hospital by now! I waited for my other trade, I couldnt get it done...so I picked.

Commish, maybe we should get those by-laws posted that I sent over to avoid any scenarios exactly like this one?

I honestly have no issues, if I did I would have simply left the league when you joined Robrain. I honestly felt this was a great chance for us to squash whatever beef we had and move forward. I was glad you were willing to talk trades this morning, and was hoping to make a trade with you for Torrey Smith and Co. but you went a different route at the last second. In order to make your second deal work, I needed a third team as everyone you offered is not very good...it was more quantity over quality. That was I stated I could try to make the deal work but was on the fence about it due needing the other trade.

I have no intention of purposely trying to screw you over bro...I wish we could have kept the original deal with Torrey cause I am very high on that kid.

"If u wanna post the first one go ahead before my other offer gets accepted."

That right there was you telling me that we were good to go on the LaFell offer. Why else tell me to post it? Sheesh.

Robrain

First of all, regarding trading draft picks via the interface:

"Please Note: In order to trade for draft picks, an equal number or draft picks must be traded away."

To make the picks even you add one of the picks listed Round 4 - 29 as those rounds don't exist in our league. If you're trading for future picks you shouldn't just post them on the league forum, yahoo needs to keep track for them for next year.

Also, if you have a trade on lock then just wait for the guy to confirm it? Avoids the confusion.

Edited by Drake
  • Like 1

Round 1:

03. Abusement Park (via TDs N' Beer) - Robert Griffin III QB WAS

04. Fatal Exception OTC

06. Pack Attack

08. The Lucky Ducks

09. Abusement Park

10. Soulcrusher

12. Harbaugh Warriors

13. Ink Inc.

I've PM'ed the Commish (sportsguy) my login credentials for this forum so he can read it himself. So frustrating.

Edited by Robrain